Run
  • 3h 30m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 21m /Mi

We walked and walked and walked and WALKED all over Chicago today, and dammit...I'm counting it! I did even do a little running along Lakeshore Drive because you HAVE to run along Lakeshore!

Wonderful amazing day with my honey in a fantastic town. I love Chicago!

Run
  • 5h 25m 50s
  • 26.28 miles
  • 12m 24s /Mi

Chicago Marathon! Race report pending.

It was hot and my feet and knees were hurting from at least the halfway point, hence the slow time. I think this is the first time I've finished and not felt really happy with my performance. I had TONS of energy left (we even walked all over Chicago afterwards and visited the Sears Tower), but I just could NOT get my legs to cooperate and go any faster!

My HR actually is about 10 beats higher on avg than normal, so I'm sure that was part of it and probably due to the heat.

Oh well. It's a blessing to be able to do it.

Run
  • 42m
  • 4.48 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

Went out for a nice easy run with Dash and met my friends on the way. I said "Hey, we need to arrange to run in the same direction at some point! So we started running and talking. They're faster than I am so that meant I came in with a great time.

Marathon is Sunday...yes, I am very stressed. However, to prep I have been listening to the music from Spirit of the Marathon all day and have listened to the movie a few times as well. Wonderful movie! I bought it off iTunes last night. I'll watch it on the plane on the way to Chicago tomorrow night.

45,000 people will be running this marathon...and I'll be just one of the stories out there. I am running this in honor of one of my favorite students (if teachers had favorites), Todd. Todd was in a very serious auto accident three weeks ago. He is still in a coma. He is a "tigger" like kid who enters a room and fills it up, and leaves it empty when he's gone. I miss him this year (he graduated in June) but was looking forward to many visits. So Todd, this marathon is for you.

Run
  • 44m
  • 3.91 miles
  • 11m 15s /Mi

Wellness Wednesday!

Swim
  • 54m 44s
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 29s /100 yards

Run
  • 44m 32s
  • 4.10 miles