Run
  • 54m
  • 5.70 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

Ran out with Wiley this morning. He was so cute. I got the harness and he went NUTS! Then the other two went nuts. Every time I get the leash out Murphy is SURE that today will be the day that HE gets to go for the run, even though he's never gone. He sits at the door excited and wagging and jumping, but sitting down HARD (we taught him we won't leash him until he's sitting, but he can never quite contain his excitement enough to stay sitting so he leaps into the air, then sits HARD as in "See! I'm sitting! Leash me now!"). Roy starts singing "I Know It's Today" (from the play Shrek: The Musical). Even Dash gets excited, although 20 feet out the door he'll be like, "What? We're running? This kind of sucks..." then I'm dragging a 70 pound dog behind me for 5 miles.

Wiley, on the other hand, loves it. He's pretty good except three times he crossed in front of me to lunge at another dog barking from behind a fence. We'll have to break that habit because it's dark at 5 a.m. and it's hard to watch the ground, watch him, watch the traffic, and not fall down. I can't walk and chew bubblegum either.

Run
  • 43m
  • 4.25 miles
  • 10m 07s /Mi

Ran home from the high school. SO frustrating. Nothing that was a big deal, but you know how when you seem to be forgetting everything and you just want to cry? Yeah, that. I got to the chiro and did that, then decided I'd stop at Starbucks and run from there 3.5 miles, turn around and then finish up with a treat as Sbux. But alas! I forgot my Garmin at work! So I had to drive back to work in heavy traffic to get it. Picked it up off the floor where I'd stupidly left it. I realized i couldn't do my N. Everett run because now it would be too late to finish and get Roy, so I drive to the high school arriving 1.5 hours AFTER I'd left work initially. Went to put on my headphones, oh guess what ELSE I'd dropped at work? Yup! I seriously wanted to cry because I was hoping for a nice long easy run in one of my favorite areas, and instead it was going to be a shortened run with nothing to listen to in heavy traffic with asswipes honking at me.

Roy found me some headphones that kept falling out of my ear, but at least they worked. Didn't drown out the heavy traffic, nor to not one, but two asswipes who drove past heckling me.

At least my stress was gone when I got home, but I was sure hoping for a different run.

Swim
  • 40m 42s
  • 1700.00 yards
  • 02m 23s /100 yards

First Masters swim class! I got in and warmed up ahead of time and then when the class showed up we did warm ups, then 2 200 time trials, then 1 400 time trial. I had to leave early, so that was it. Glad I showed up early.

I love that swimming with others pushes me. The class is $10 for non Y members, so that's a bargain! It goes up to $15 at the beginning of the year, which is why I am no longer a Y member. I think $15 is reasonable, but I don't think a 50% increase in fees is reasonable. Every year the monthly fees just went up up up! But this is perfect. Still a bargain per swim (Tues and Thurs) and that's all I really do at the Y.

Run #1
  • 30m
  • 2.44 miles
  • 12m 18s /Mi

Coaching my 5k group.

Run #2
  • 54m
  • 5.10 miles
  • -----

Ran in the dark...just my iPod and me. Back was K I L L I N G me this morning! My legs are also deliciously sore from the trail race. I haven't run that hard in forever. It was fanFREAKINGtastic!

Run
  • 1h 52m
  • 10.00 miles
  • 11m 12s /Mi

Wooooo hooo! A MOST awesome trail race!

Run
  • 1h 02m
  • 6.18 miles
  • 10m 02s /Mi

Beautiful morning for a run! Started out cold, but I stripped down to my tank top on the way back. I love running this time of year. We saw a GReat Blue Heron flying overhead...beautiful!

Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 20m /Mi

Had a beautiful walk around N. Everett with Roy. His poor knees are so bad it was a slow walk. I sure hope whatever is wrong with them can be fixed. It makes me sad that he can't run with me any more.

Swim
  • 50m 25s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 02m 24s /100 yards

Hey guess what?! I'm still slow!

Run
  • 51m 52s
  • 5.06 miles
  • 10m 15s /Mi

Ran home from high school the long way. Hit some spots i had to walk because there is NO shoulder on Cedarcrest Road in parts. I'd forgotten about that! Heaven forbid a driver not try to knock me into the ditch! There's just no sport in going AROUND the runner!

teechur's Training Log

October 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals