Bike
  • 1h 07m
  • 15.70 miles
  • 14.06 Mi/hr

Biked around town. Now why in the WORLD do people feel the need to yell at cyclists? I am minding my own damned business. I don't need some junior high school freak screaming "Hey lady!" then laughing with his buddies. And the girl who SCREAMED behind me out the passenger side window then yelled "GO GO GO BIKER CHICK!" Well I wanted to clock her ignorant little ass. Scared the CRAP out of me. I was on a flat doing 20 and the last thing I need is some mental midget trying to scare me. Of course an ADULT was driving. My kid harassed an innocent bystander and she'd be canceled! Seriously! Parents, think about what your kids are doing. There is no reason for them EVER to catcall, scream at, or mock a runner or cyclist...ever. And if you allow it, shame on you. Let's just hope they're never out riding and have someone come up behind them and try to scare them, causing them to fall and get hurt.

Reminds me of being a kid on the playground. I'd be minding my own business and Marysville's Finest "Mean Girls" would come up and harass me. I didn't have three eyes. I wasn't picking my nose. I wasn't doing ANYTHING to anyone, and yet these nimrods would come up to me and start threatening me, or tease me because I had curly hair. (How DARE I! Yes, I spent my 5th-8th grade years being mocked because I had the curly hair gene.) I didn't get it then, I don't get it now.

Possible rest day, although I do need to bike tonight. I'm playing that one by ear.

Run
  • 2h 47m 13s
  • 15.08 miles
  • 11m 05s /Mi

Ran home from work today. I just don't feel the running love when I run home from work. Well actually mile 7 on was just fine. It was very cold and rainy and I'd worn a running shirt and tank top, but it just wasn't enough. I was running through Everett, zipped down a street to avoid a light, and saw Goodwill! AH HA! Ran in there and went through their pathetic selection of "active wear" and found the ONE running top in my size that was actually new. $5 later, I was running down the street MUCH warmer!

Got honked at by a few a-holes. Why does it bother people in cars that I'm running down the street? I'm not running IN the street, and if GOD FORBID you actually have to slow down so I can cross the street, grow the HELL up! Don't speed up and lay on the horn. What are you trying to prove? Do you think I honestly am scared you'll run me down? Did that make you feel like a "big man?" Jerks.

OMG, I just saw the Jillian (from the Biggest Loser) is 5'2" and 120 lbs. THANK GOD! Someone who is my size (1" shorter) and weighs about what I do! Sometimes I feel like I "should" weigh less and I get bummed when I gain. Right now I'm "up" and in my head I know it's muscle since all my clothes still fit. In my heart I think "I'm getting FAT again!" and I'm frustrated about it. Roy had to hide the scale (I asked him to) because I just couldn't take that I'd "gained" 5 lbs in the last month. That would mean I'd have to overeat 680 calories PER DAY for 30 days, and my "net" calorie intake is closer to 1200 calories a day. So this week my goal is to actually eat closer to 1400 calories per day (net) because despite 'gaining' I am not eating enough to maintain my workout level.

Sometimes I wish I just wasn't so obsessive.

Run
  • 1h 00m 52s
  • 6.25 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 07m
  • 2600.00 yards
  • 02m 35s /100 yards

OMG swimming SUCKED today! I did catch up drills the entire time, for the most part. Sometimes I'd forget to, and then I'd remember and grumble and get back to it.

Ironically I didn't go slower, although it sure felt like it. I guess that's the point, though, isn't it? If you stroke RIGHT you GO FASTER!

Kara is making me do this in hopes I can get faster. I sure hope it works. I have spent hours literally reading up, watching Youtube videos, and practicing on dry land my stroking. There were a few times today I actually felt like I was moving through the water faster. Was I? I don't know. I guess we just keep trying.

Run
  • -----
  • 5.04 miles
  • -----
Strength
  • 40m

Bike
  • 3h 31m 03s
  • 45.65 miles
  • 12.98 Mi/hr
Run
  • 21m 34s
  • 2.27 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi

Run
  • -----
  • 4.00 miles
  • -----
Swim
  • 1h 07m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 02m 41s /100 yards

Run
  • 1h 22m 54s
  • 8.08 miles
  • 10m 16s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 02m
  • 2400.00 yards
  • 02m 35s /100 yards

Kick drills slow me down...big time.

But the rest of the swim went great. I did a series of sprint and endurance drills, 1200 yards in all. At 1000 yards I was thinking "Wow, this kind of sucks..." and then I realized I'd never swam 1000 yards HARD before! That made me feel GREAT!

I also did my fastest 100 clocking in at 59 seconds.

Had Roy record me today and I saw two big problems. 1) I drop my head, which has to slow me down. Apparently I am studying my belly button while I swim. 2) I have noodle arms. I need to get some strength in my frame and bring my elbows up. I'm going to send the video to a girl who is helping me (thankee) and see what she sees.

teechur's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals