Bike
  • 2h 27m 38s
  • 31.08 miles
  • 12.63 Mi/hr

Decided to bike into work today to see if it would be reasonable to ride in the morning. I am TERRIFIED going over the bridges leading out of town! No way I could do them in the morning in the dark. Too bad, too. The distance isn't bad (about 13 miles), and it's just a mix of rollers and flat, with two big hills, but doable. But not being able to see the holes in the bridge, or the side that drops into traffic makes it a no go.

Went to the mall and had my nails done and brows waxed. Sipped coffee then headed home. Hadn't been time enough for cleaning fairies to do their magic, so rode across town for lunch.

Run
  • 39m 24s
  • 4.20 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

Not too bad considering I walked a little at the beginning and the end and biked 31 miles this morning and had a massage between miles 3 and 4. I was going to walk home but I was so HUNGRY I couldn't wait that long!

Run
  • 1h 00m 17s
  • 6.17 miles
  • 09m 46s /Mi

One of those beautiful cold/warm runs. It's about 45 out, but the sun is out. So it's too hot to wear a jacket, but too cold to run in a tank, so of course I wore a jacket and a tank and alternated between jacket on/too hot and jacket off/too cold. But oh well! It didn't snow or rain so I'm not complaining (even if it's hard to type because my hands are still frozen). Ran with Dash who kind of petered out the last mile and a half and is now snoring on the couch. Poor buddy!

Swim
  • 59m
  • 2400.00 yards
  • 02m 28s /100 yards

Rest day!!

Didn't feel like one, though. I went to the bank. I deposited my check, opened a savings acct (new bank acct so this was the first deposit...not like I don't have savings), opened a Cd. Then went over to Trader Joe's, shopped there for a bit. Hopped over to the sporting goods store, realized it was really more a FASHION goods store and left. Picked up bread at Great Harvest. Made a Costco run. Went to the grocery store. Picked up Rock Band for my wonderful husband (who deserved it). Came home STARVING and heated up some LOs. Put away the groceries. Did the dishes. Cleaned the kitchen. Watched Oprah for awhile, letting Suze Orman make me feel guilty for not having 8 years of emergency funds socked away. Picked up Roy. Played Rock Band for two hours and now I'm pooped! Fun day, though!

Run
  • 2h 42m 08s
  • 14.10 miles
  • 11m 25s /Mi

Long and slow and long and slow. I had 11 miles on the schedule but decided to do more because I felt really good. Stopped at 9.5 and had a coffee and scone at Starbucks and read the paper. Do you think I could work that into my next marathon?

Bike
  • 1h 58m
  • 23.00 miles
  • 11.69 Mi/hr

Half spin class and half on the trainer. Worked my BUTT Off in spin (you can see I don't have any of it left) then came home and did another 13.5 miles.

Missed the ride today but it was sleeting icy rain when I got up this morning.

Run
  • 1h 06m
  • 6.63 miles
  • 09m 57s /Mi

Brrrrrrrr!!! I am STILL cold but it was a nice run! About 4 miles in it started to snow and I became so obsessed with looking up into the falling flakes at each street light that I missed my turn and ran an extra .6 miles! Ha! Almost made Roy late for work.

Run
  • 1h 05m 05s
  • 6.25 miles
  • 10m 25s /Mi

Wow! Slow! (Well the last part of it I was walking and forgot to turn off the Garmin because I was trying to do something on my iPod.) Strange weather. Started out cold and really windy. Then at one point it snowed...then the clouds parted and it warmed up a good 15 degrees and it was gorgeous. Was hoping for seven, but then turned at the 5 cutoff, and was feeling good so added another mile.

Swim
  • 1h 01m 09s
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 02m 40s /100 yards

My HRM SUCKS! First of all, I don't think my MRM was 30. Wouldn't I be dead? I mean yes, I do have a low RHR, but it's 40 and I was swimming vigorously...so doubtful it was 30 while working out. Grrrrr. I'm going to ask for a refund and get a DECENT HRM.

But the workout was good.

Best 50: :58
Best 100: 2:02
Best 200: 4:13

Duration 45-60 mins
Distance 2000yd
Pool length 25yd

Issued Mar 11 2008

Warm up (repeat 4 times)

• 1 x 25yd Freestyle Swim (even pace), rest 0:10 / 25yd
Freestyle swim at a steady pace.
• 1 x 25yd Backstroke Swim (even pace), rest 0:10 / 25yd
Backstroke swim at a steady pace.

Build up (repeat 4 times)

• 1 x 50yd Front Scull and Kick, rest 0:15 / 50yd
Streamlined body position with straight arms and kicking. scull with hands flat and fingers below the wrist. Try to hold your chin on the surface of the water.
• 1 x 50yd Freestyle Push & Glide, rest 0:15 / 50yd
Freestyle swim, pausing at the end of every stroke with arms out-stretched, one held out front, the other held loosely against the body.

Core

• 4 x 50yd Freestyle Swim, target time 01:10 / 50yd, rest 0:15 / 50yd
Freestyle swim at a steady pace, trying to keep closely to the given target time for every 50yd. If your target time is too easy or too difficult please complete another time trial.
• 4 x 100yd Freestyle Swim, target time 02:20 / 100yd, rest 0:20 / 100yd
Freestyle swim at a steady pace, trying to keep closely to the given target time for every 100yd. If your target time is too easy or too difficult please complete another time trial.
• 2 x 200yd Freestyle Swim, target time 04:30 / 200yd, rest 0:30 / 200yd
Freestyle swim at a steady pace, trying to keep closely to the given target time for every 200yd. If your target time is too easy or too difficult, please complete another time trial.
• 4 x 50yd Freestyle Swim, target time 01:10 / 50yd, rest 0:15 / 50yd
Freestyle swim at a steady pace, trying to keep closely to the given target time for every 50yd. If your target time is too easy or too difficult please complete another time trial.

Warm down

• 4 x 50yd Easy Any Stroke, rest 0:15 / 50yd

Finished with 300 more yds

teechur's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time