• 1h 24m
  • 8.72 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

Run
  • 39m 35s
  • 4.30 miles
  • 09m 13s /Mi

Fall down, go boom.

Ouch. This time hit chin, nose ("oh! My NOSE!"), hands, and right knee.

Good speedwork, though. Really got some good miles in. I have evening interviews that start right now, so I decided to do Fartleks between the time I'm off and the time I had to be back (less than a freaking HOUR). As I was running out of the park I caught my foot on a speed bump and whammo, right down on my face.

I make the Jimmy Durante nose look GOOD!

Swim
  • 1h 10m 56s
  • 2400.00 yards
  • 02m 58s /100 yards

1. I hate kick drills. I feel like I am BARELY moving. Did them with fins, but was getting blisters, so took the fins off.
2. I need to learn to kick.
3. The water aerobics chick took the third lane down 15 min before WA started. I think I'm going to write a complaint. Lap swim is 5 to 6, not 5 to 5:45. It's getting earlier every day. (Plus they don't open the doors until 5 anyhow, so you can't REALLY get into the pool until 5:05.
4. My other drills went REALLY well. Not as good as Tuesday, but not as rested as Tuesday either. Did 100 2:40 drills (leave every 2:40) and got at least a 30 sec rest each time. Did four then went down to 2:35.
5. There needs to be lap swim etiquette posted. Dude got in the lane at the wrong end, started swimming, then stood up when he saw me finish a drill and TOLD me to swim in a specific lane. Um, I like to be asked and deferred to since I was using the lane first.
6. Dude couldn't swim either so I was getting kicked and hit a lot or sucked into the vortex of his floundering. Figured it was kind of like Danskin, so good practice.
7. Saw Terry S, a former teacher of mine, naked in the locker room. I am really thrilled that you're all "If you've got it, flaunt it" about your body...but you ain't got it, so please don't flaunt it. She looks like a naked weeble with pubes.
8. Barbie Fry-Hair was also there flaunting it. Now she DOES have it, but still. There are three empty shower stalls. Why do you feel the need to soap up in public? I think that's just strange. Plus the girl SERIOUSLY needs some deep conditioner and to fire her colorist. Remember those Barbie Dolls that you could get a "curling iron" with that had little pieces of wire in their hair? Yeah. Like that. Oh, and I'd like to offer one piece of advice to tanning bed users; don't bend over in the nude...it's like a reflective strip.
9. I'd kill to have a body like that.

10. Came out to the parking lot, someone was parked so close to me I couldn't get in, and I was in the far right of my spot. Grrr. Thought, "I bet that's Terry S' car" and sho-nuff! She came out (blessedly clothed) and it was. She's one of these people who would never stop to consider, "Oh wow. I'm really close to that car. I'd better re-park so that person can use her driver's side door."

11. Finally got in my car, put her in reverse and a big landscaping truck stopped RIGHT behind me.

12. Hello. My name is Tory. I am Karma's Butt Monkey. Nice to meet you!

Bike
  • 1h 07m 13s
  • 16.00 miles
  • 14.28 Mi/hr

Of course the minute I get down the road it starts to rain. But oh well! It was a semi nice ride. Rode out to the Arlington Airport. There are a few pretty spots. I'm trying to figure out how to get to the Centennial Trail by bike. Didn't make it today as I had to turn around at 8 miles to get home on time.

The sun did come out at one point and I saw a beautiful rainbow.

Run
  • 1h 02m
  • 6.10 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

Cold and rainy this morning. Better than cold and icy, I guess! I should have worn gloves, though. My hands were handsicles by the time I finished my run! I am loving that I finish in the LIGHT, though! I considering going and running with Teresa and Joyce, but they're doing hills and I plan to do speed work tomorrow, and that might be a bit much.

I have decided to do Couer d'Alene Marathon. Yay! It'll be a "training run". Last year, though, when I did Eugene as a training run I actually hit a PR, so I might just see if I can run straight through. I'll try to find someone my pace to talk to. I wonder if they have pace groups? Grandma's isn't my "A" race because I'll be running with my sister, who is slower than I am. I always figure you "just do it" when you're running with another. Don't set goals, and just have fun being with that person.

Gotta love our weather...Sunday ran in snow, yesterday ran in gorgeous sun, today ran in murky rain. Awwww Washington State!

Run
  • 1h 22m 56s
  • 8.20 miles
  • 10m 07s /Mi

Two days ago I ran in hail and snow. Today I ran in a tank top and was hot (and not in a good way...).

It was wonderful!

Swim
  • 1h 01m
  • 2600.00 yards
  • 02m 21s /100 yards

Wowsa!! Even with rest breaks, 2:35/100 is amazing (for me)! Plus I did catch up drills ALMOST the entire time with every segment...I hate catch up drills, but I think I'm starting to feel the glide.

And today when I did the kick drills without a board (streamline drill) I did NOT drink half the poor or feel like I was drowning, or stop to restart. Could it be that I am, GASP, becoming a better swimmer?

Today:
Repeat 2x
1x50 Glide
1x50 Backstroke

Repeat 4x
1x25 Streamline kick drill
1x25 Catch up

Repeat 2x
100x8 goal of 2:20 w/30 sec rest
(I did every single one under 2:20. Best was 2:08 (sans fins...best w/fins was 1:45), worst was 2:15)

Finish
100x6 easy

Run
  • 3h 44m 25s
  • 20.34 miles
  • 11m 02s /Mi

What a run! I started in Logboom Park where, as we pulled in, it started to hail. Not just "Oh cute! Look! Hail!" but "Fire and brimstone Armageddon" hail. It was AMAZING!! Before we even left, me running Roy on his bike, the ground was completely white.

About a mile and a half down the trail, I looked at Roy and he was SO miserable I stopped, grabbed a Starbucks card out of my shoe pocket, handed it to him and said "Go get warm and meet me back at the park in 90 minutes." Poor guy! He was soaked and frozen and I didn't want him to have to deal with that any longer!

I ran on through rain, snow, more rain, more hail, snow, more snow. It was really bizarre weather. I think this run wins the "Worst Weather Run In" award since Newcastle England when we went out along the Thyne River and got caught in a lightning storm.

I ran out five miles then back in, actually enjoying the run. The weather kept it amusing (cold and wet, but amusing).

At mile 10 I found Roy and Lisa back at Logboom. Lisa is magic because as soon as we started out to run the last ten, the sun came out! What was REALLY cool, though, was seeing the young bald eagle with...um...lunch in the tree. Apparently him and Ratatouille were dining together. Two crows kept dive bombing him in an effort to divest him of his treasure. It was SO cool. Okay, seeing him tear Ratatouille's head off wasn't cool...but seeing the eagle so close was!!

Finished with an 11:03 average, which is pretty darn good. If I could do that for a marathon I could finish in my regular time. If I could push it I might be able to do a PR this year in Chicago. Of course I wouldn't have run 15 miles just a few days previous, so I feel it's doable!

Run
  • 59m 30s
  • 6.03 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

Starbucks run! Took the long-ish way to hit six miles. My mileage is low this week because I didn't run yesterday in anticipation of running 20 today. I'm running 20 tomorrow, tho. Woot! Pumped about that!

Lost two pounds this week, too! Yay!

teechur's Training Log

April 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals