Run
  • -----
  • 5.13 miles
  • -----

Have to check my time on this one. I know it was under 10 min mile. Ran from work to the mall to meet Roy to go see Indiana Jones. AWESOME movie!

Bike
  • 1h 27m
  • 16.95 miles
  • 11.69 Mi/hr

So I set out at 5:30 this morning to ride to work. Why? Because my car is being held hostage by the repair dude for over $1000. Thankfully she SHOULD be done today and all completely better. I hope so. We're driving to Coeur d'Alene on Saturday.

It's dry out, and dreary. Note to self: Must get clear or yellow glasses for early morning rides.

I cross the bridges, not walking this time because the wind wasn't threatening to kill me. All was well. I got into Everett, the skies opened and POURED on me! ARGH!!! It is SUPPOSED to be a nice day today. Didn't the skies read the weather report? Apparently not!

By the time I got to work I was soaked except my top (my top layer was wet, but it holds the water surprisingly well. I could feel water sloshing in my shoes every time I had to stop. But it's one more scary rain ride that did not kill me! Yay! I'm actually getting to the point of "Meh...it's raining. It is what it is."

I guess what Bear says about getting better and more confident on the bike is right. "Ride lots." The more I ride, the more I find myself relaxing into the ride. (I still like running better.)

Not sure if I'm riding home or not. The car should be loosed from her tethers today and Roy will get her. He wants to see Indiana Jones. He had tickets to see it at midnight (for both of us, is he insane??) but because the car had to stay overnight, we missed it. So I might just run out to the mall and pick Dulcy up on the way home.

She's a good bike. Is it wrong, though, that last night I was dreaming of not getting a new car next year, but instead getting a new bike? Shhhh, don't tell her that. I don't even know if I want to continue to do long distance triathlons, but I do know I want to ride more.

Bike
  • 1h 26m 56s
  • 18.12 miles
  • 12.51 Mi/hr

Okay, my CYCLING average was 14 mph until I hit the bridges. Cycling in really STRONG scary gusts today. Had to really do some maneuvering to keep from being blown into parked cars. I biked onto the first bridge (I have to cross five that cross the Snohomish River and two sloughs) and the wind blew me into the railing. Since I don't relish the idea of being blown off my bike, into the choppy river (it was DARK grey with whitecaps), dying a grizzly suffocating death, only to resurface bloated and fish nibbled 3 weeks later when I get caught in a fisherman's net, I got off and walked the bridges. (I should stop reading so much Stephen King, huh?)

The ride itself was good, just a typical ride home from work with a few "thrills" thrown in. Only one member of the down of Dickwadia who had to cut so close I wanted to ask him to check for polyps while he was crawling up my ass. Other than that, good ride.

Not doing any long rides this week due to the marathon on Sunday. My knees are not happy with me right now, but it is what it is. I'd be doing a long run regardless of 24 miles, so might as well do it and get a medal and bagel at the end.

Lap 1: 05m 08s, 1.00 miles, 11.69 Mi/hr
Lap 2: 03m 09s, 1.00 miles, 19.05 Mi/hr
Lap 3: 04m 34s, 1.00 miles, 13.14 Mi/hr
Lap 4: 04m 52s, 1.00 miles, 12.33 Mi/hr
Lap 5: 04m 10s, 1.00 miles, 14.40 Mi/hr
Lap 6: 04m 50s, 1.00 miles, 12.41 Mi/hr
Lap 7: 04m 43s, 1.00 miles, 12.72 Mi/hr
Lap 8: 04m 09s, 1.00 miles, 14.46 Mi/hr
Lap 9: 04m 27s, 1.00 miles, 13.48 Mi/hr
Lap 10: 04m 23s, 1.00 miles, 13.69 Mi/hr
Lap 11: 04m 25s, 1.00 miles, 13.58 Mi/hr
Lap 12: 04m 27s, 1.00 miles, 13.48 Mi/hr
Lap 13: 05m 08s, 1.00 miles, 11.69 Mi/hr
Lap 14: 04m 22s, 1.00 miles, 13.74 Mi/hr
Lap 15: 06m 47s, 1.00 miles, 8.85 Mi/hr
Lap 16: 04m 52s, 1.00 miles, 12.33 Mi/hr
Lap 17: 06m 28s, 1.00 miles, 9.28 Mi/hr
Lap 18: 05m 21s, 1.00 miles, 11.21 Mi/hr
Lap 19: 00m 41s, 0.12 miles, 10.73 Mi/hr

Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 8.43 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi
Strength
  • 53m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • BACK - Machine pullovers
  • BACK - Upright row
  • CHEST - Pec deck
  • CHEST - Seated Bench Press - Machine
  • LEGS - Hip abductor
  • LEGS - Hip adductor
  • LEGS - Seated Calf Press
  • SHOULDERS - Machine Rear Delt Row
  • SHOULDERS - Shoulder Press - Machine

Run
  • 57m
  • 4.75 miles
  • -----

Walked the last 3/4 mile. Actually, just ran four miles but was listening to a podcast and enjoying the weather (although it was kind of rainy) so I decided to take another walk around the block. Slow run, regardless. Knees are hurting from yesterday.

Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 02m 48s /100 yards

Lots of drills!

Run
  • 41m 49s
  • 4.97 miles
  • 08m 25s /Mi

What fun! Today was Beat the Bridge. I've been sick so I wasn't sure how I'd do. Plus my knees are a little whiney right now. They have a marathon next weekend, so I keep telling them to STFU. Anyhow, the race went REALLY well. I'm kind of amazed. I started out feeling slow, but hit mile 1 and looked down at my Garmin: 8:34! Whoa! Okay, I asked myself "Can you keep this up for about 30 minutes?" I thought I could so I kept going at the same pace. I did slow during mile two (probably due to hills and lots of turns), and hit 8:50, but was feeling good. Mile three was 8:33 and mile four 8:03 (!!). Mile 5 (it was almost 5 miles) was a 7:52 average! That is AMAZING for me, particularly this close to a marathon after a really long bike ride on Friday.

Roy beat the bridge too, and then whined that his knees hurt. I told him it was because he's not training properly. He said "I just ran the St. Paddy's Day Dash!" I reminded him that running once every two months would not be considered "training properly." LOL! I love my honey... He was hoping that maybe, since we're married, my fitness could benefit BOTH of us. I told him it doesn't work that way.

Great race! Very well organized. I saw Jenny, but was having tummy issues at the time (for some reason) so I hope she didn't think I was being rude. Fortunately the tummy issues abated about 1/4 mile into the race.

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 1h 05m

After the race we zipped over to Target and picked up a pump to pump up our kayak. We got a Stearns inflatable. I had my doubts, but I loved it! We took the kayak to Greenlake for our first time in it and had a great time. We tooled around the lake for an hour. Saw lots of jumping fish, water fowl, and some turtles. Roy was a little uncomfortable because we think we didn't pump it up quite enough. We'll work it out, though. It was just such a GREAT day! I am loving this summer weather.

Run
  • 1h 47m
  • 10.75 miles
  • 09m 57s /Mi

Wow, I am literally "can't keep my eyes open" tired. I think it's the heat but I am NOT complaining!

Had a marvy day, heading to Roy's parents' house in a bit for a family BBQ that was planned two days ago. Grrrr. I don't mind if we don't have plans, and our plans today were early enough so it's not a big deal. We'll never change them. Plus I get to the the New Baby (tm). I haven't seen the New Baby (tm) yet because I've been sick since the day she was born. I hear Karla (Roy's sis) is having problems with her not feeding, etc. Sounds like typical stuff, but it's not typical to you when it's your first.

Met my tri group LATE at the lake. The freeway was supposed to open at 7 a.m. but didn't so we left early but got there late. I wasn't swimming, though, so no biggie. When they finished I ran with a group of women and lost all but one, so we ran 10 miles on our own, getting lost twice. I know, "YOU? You got lost? That's SO unlike you!" They don't call me Wrong Way Torrigan for nothing.

Then we took the dogs to dog park and watched them have SO much fun. I just enjoy the look on their faces when they realize where we are going. It's good for them to get out and just run. Poor Maddie had to be on a leash most of the time because of her hips, but she did get to run at the lake. I just coaxed her into the water, which wasn't hard since it's in the mid=80s out there. Figured that slowed her down and relieved the swelling enough.

Today felt just like a summer day and I loved it!

WTF on the weight?

Bike
  • 3h 37m
  • 45.50 miles
  • 12.58 Mi/hr

What fun!

Today was Bike to Work day, so I decided to, you guessed it, bike to work. I've never biked to work in the morning so I was a little nervous about being late. But not so nervous that I left before the park had their freebies (open at 6). Roy and I biked over to Comford Park and picked up a free scone, water bottle, and some other schwag. I made it just maybe 4 minutes late. I did the short hilly route, which is 13 miles. Usually I do the 16 mile long flatter route when I ride home.

During the day Roy and I both emailed each other, at the same time, asking if we wanted to meet for dinner. He'd bike out to me. So we agreed (after jinxing) that we'd bike out to Alderwood Mall and meet. I'm thinking that would be about a 20 mile, total, round trip. Why? Because I am stupid.

I beat him out there by a few minutes (he stopped home to feed the dogs), and we sat in the GLORIOUS sun for a little while drinking iced coffee, then went over and had dinner at Panera. After farting about a bit, we headed home. It was a great ride, although my knees both started to bother me on the way home. At least it was both knees and not just one.

As soon as I got in I iced them both really well, hoping that it wouldn't be an issue. I have a marathon in a week. My plan to ride home from Greenlake tomorrow was canceled after I saw the total on my Garmin. Funny thing is, Roy didn't know the mileage and didn't complain at all. When we did almost the same mileage a few weeks back he acted like he was being led to slaughter.

teechur's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals