Run
  • 4h 24m
  • 22.59 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 11m 16s
  • 2700.00 yards
  • 02m 38s /100 yards

Had some GREAT runs this morning. Started with an easy warm up and I was just not feeling the mojo. It had been a week and I couldn't feel my stroke.

Did 1200 meters of kick drills...I hate kick drills. But they remind me that I have legs hanging off my flat little ass, so I need to do kick drills.

Then did 4 x 100 2:40s. My first was 2:06 and second was 2:04! Those are outstanding times for me!!

Then on to 4 x 100 2:35s.

8 x 50 1:20 with my first one a flat 1:00:00! Yes, I can do that when I push it at the beginning of a workout, but I was tired by this point so I was pretty stoked. Only hit it once, though.

Finished up with 300 easy lazy yards until my watch told me "Get your butt to work!"

Run
  • 1h 04m
  • 6.67 miles
  • 09m 36s /Mi

Okay check out THAT pace! For me that's awesome! Probably because I ran TO an appointment with a former student who now works for Tulalip Data Services. (I helped him get the job, and he was so nice saying I'm the 'best teacher ever' when he introduced me around.) Then on the way home I was just starving and knew tacos were waiting for me. If only those tacos had come with a side of Antonio Banderas, my life would have been complete. ;)

Bike
  • 4h 01m
  • 51.14 miles
  • 12.73 Mi/hr

Wheee! What a gorgeous day for a ride! We decided to do the Lake Washington Loop again. It was hillier than I remember, and Roy "wrote my name on his hand" a number of times. (It's our joke for when we're play-mad at each other. We 'write it down' so we'll remember ala Rainman.) I think because last week I was so intent on finding my way, I didn't really note the hills. Anyhow, he was on his K2 bike. I knew it was going to be a mistake to get him a commuter bike because it is just not possible for me to keep back with him. So I'd ride ahead and wait at the next turn, and he'd catch up. He was usually 2-3 minutes behind me. I really didn't mind that much, only it would be nice to ride together. I think he got mad at me at one point. I said we'd eat in Renton but I didn't see anywhere to stop (didn't realize there are some new restaurants by Frys) so he was SO disappointed when I just kept going. Then we got to the Seward Park turn and decided it would make more sense to keep going on Rainier Ave S until we found food. So I just jet on past McDonalds and Taco Bell and he was ready to throttle me, but I was thinking Subway. Better communication next time, I think.

I actually felt really good the entire time. Sure, I was tired at the end, but not too bad. All told we were on the road over 5 hours with stops and lunch and bathroom breaks. I'd prefer not to stop for lunch, myself.

I felt like I fueled well and drank well, until I forgot my water on the run. Drank two bottles of water (24 oz each), and had 4 Fig Newtons, one pumpkin bar (I made them up myself last night), and 11 pb filled pretzels. I also had Clif Shots, but since we stopped for Subway didn't use those. One thing I did forget, sunscreen! Oops!

Run
  • 32m 06s
  • 3.26 miles
  • 09m 51s /Mi

Brick run...actually felt really good after the bike ride, and was amazed to do a 9:32 on my first mile. (I had the Garmin on for a walk to and from the restroom so that dinged my time.)

Run
  • 54m
  • 5.47 miles
  • -----

Run
  • 1h 24m
  • 8.06 miles
  • 10m 25s /Mi

I am sad today about two students. I hoped my run would take my mind off of it. It didn't.

I'm also very very tired and hungry all the time. Plan for tomorrow was 50 mile bike ride. Now it's play it by ear to see what happens. We'll do it tomorrow or Sunday.

I'm sure after a good night's sleep I'll feel better tomorrow.

Did not get in until 11:30 last night so no swim for me today. I feel like such a bad, bad, triathlete.

Run
  • 32m 57s
  • 3.37 miles
  • 09m 47s /Mi

Today was a rest day so I only ran 3 miles. I'm sorry. I couldn't help it! I got to the Greenlake area to meet Beth at Title Nine Sports. I had 30 minutes. The sun was out. The lake was beautiful. I just HAPPENED to have my running gear. What's a girl to do?

We have set up a training program for women who want to run their first 5k. (Beth set it up. I'm assisting as the "fast" coach.) It's awesome. We had our first meeting tonight. Then starting next Tuesday we'll meet every Tuesday and take them from nothing to something! I'm very excited about it, and Beth and I work well together. I even let HER talk sometimes! LOL!

teechur's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals