Run
  • 1h 37m 33s
  • 7.33 miles
  • 13m 19s /Mi

I was NOT feeling good on this run at all. I had to stop and walk three times, then Roy and I walked a mile when we got to dinner. My stomach was upset and I needed it to settle. Lungs are full of oatmeal.

Swim
  • 59m 38s
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 43s /100 yards

Really was swimming slow today. I have lungs full of goo and had planned to get in, swim a bit and see how the breathing goes, then if it was too bad I'd stop. Fortunately a good cough and I was able to swim as long as I didn't go too hard.

• 4 x 100yd Any Stroke (even pace), rest 0:15 / 100yd
Swim your choice of stroke at a steady pace.
Build up (repeat 6 times)

• 1 x 50yd Freestyle Catch Up, rest 0:10 / 50yd
Freestyle drill where one arm catches up to the other between stokes. Both arms start stretched out. One arm completes full stoke (both arms return to a stretched out position) then the other arm completes a full stroke. Pull with one arm at a time and touch your hands between each alternating arm stroke.
• 1 x 50yd Streamline Kicking, rest 0:10 / 50yd
Freestyle kick with arms held out front in a streamlined position. Fingers overlap with one thumb lightly gripping the opposite hand. Lift your chin above the water to breath without turning your head.
Core

• 4 x 200yd Freestyle Swim, leave on 05:00 / 200yd
Freestyle swim, starting every 200yd set on the defined time period. The departure time combines your swimming target time and rest time, so the faster you go the more rest you will have. Conversely, the slower you swim, the less rest time you will have.
• 2 x 200yd Freestyle Swim, leave on 05:00 / 200yd
Freestyle swim, starting every 200yd set on the defined time period. The departure time combines your swimming target time and rest time, so the faster you go the more rest you will have. Conversely, the slower you swim, the less rest time you will have.

• Health data: Sick: 4

Damn! I have a nasty cold today. Don't know that I'll do anything, which is good since it should be a rest day. I have a long ride Saturday and did a long run yesterday.  Tonight is middle school open house, which makes me resentful. I am SO tired and so icky feeling I just want to go home and go to bed. But no, I have to talk to a bunch of 8th graders and their moms. It's a "good thing" I know, but right now I'm just feeling like CRAP!

• Health data: Sick: 4
Run
  • 1h 24m
  • 8.23 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi

Run
  • 4h 24m
  • 22.59 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 11m 16s
  • 2700.00 yards
  • 02m 38s /100 yards

Had some GREAT runs this morning. Started with an easy warm up and I was just not feeling the mojo. It had been a week and I couldn't feel my stroke.

Did 1200 meters of kick drills...I hate kick drills. But they remind me that I have legs hanging off my flat little ass, so I need to do kick drills.

Then did 4 x 100 2:40s. My first was 2:06 and second was 2:04! Those are outstanding times for me!!

Then on to 4 x 100 2:35s.

8 x 50 1:20 with my first one a flat 1:00:00! Yes, I can do that when I push it at the beginning of a workout, but I was tired by this point so I was pretty stoked. Only hit it once, though.

Finished up with 300 easy lazy yards until my watch told me "Get your butt to work!"

Run
  • 1h 04m
  • 6.67 miles
  • 09m 36s /Mi

Okay check out THAT pace! For me that's awesome! Probably because I ran TO an appointment with a former student who now works for Tulalip Data Services. (I helped him get the job, and he was so nice saying I'm the 'best teacher ever' when he introduced me around.) Then on the way home I was just starving and knew tacos were waiting for me. If only those tacos had come with a side of Antonio Banderas, my life would have been complete. ;)

Bike
  • 4h 01m
  • 51.14 miles
  • 12.73 Mi/hr

Wheee! What a gorgeous day for a ride! We decided to do the Lake Washington Loop again. It was hillier than I remember, and Roy "wrote my name on his hand" a number of times. (It's our joke for when we're play-mad at each other. We 'write it down' so we'll remember ala Rainman.) I think because last week I was so intent on finding my way, I didn't really note the hills. Anyhow, he was on his K2 bike. I knew it was going to be a mistake to get him a commuter bike because it is just not possible for me to keep back with him. So I'd ride ahead and wait at the next turn, and he'd catch up. He was usually 2-3 minutes behind me. I really didn't mind that much, only it would be nice to ride together. I think he got mad at me at one point. I said we'd eat in Renton but I didn't see anywhere to stop (didn't realize there are some new restaurants by Frys) so he was SO disappointed when I just kept going. Then we got to the Seward Park turn and decided it would make more sense to keep going on Rainier Ave S until we found food. So I just jet on past McDonalds and Taco Bell and he was ready to throttle me, but I was thinking Subway. Better communication next time, I think.

I actually felt really good the entire time. Sure, I was tired at the end, but not too bad. All told we were on the road over 5 hours with stops and lunch and bathroom breaks. I'd prefer not to stop for lunch, myself.

I felt like I fueled well and drank well, until I forgot my water on the run. Drank two bottles of water (24 oz each), and had 4 Fig Newtons, one pumpkin bar (I made them up myself last night), and 11 pb filled pretzels. I also had Clif Shots, but since we stopped for Subway didn't use those. One thing I did forget, sunscreen! Oops!

Run
  • 32m 06s
  • 3.26 miles
  • 09m 51s /Mi

Brick run...actually felt really good after the bike ride, and was amazed to do a 9:32 on my first mile. (I had the Garmin on for a walk to and from the restroom so that dinged my time.)

Run
  • 54m
  • 5.47 miles
  • -----

teechur's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31