Run
  • 53m 06s
  • 5.07 miles
  • 09m 53s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 02m 52s /100 yards

Okay really. I am slow, but I am NOT that slow. I was at a new pool this morning. Went to the Lynnwood Rec Center to swim. I knew it would be different, so I just decided to go with the flow.

Got in the slow lane first. Wow. Apparently slow means, "I really can't swim and I don't want to get my hair wet." That's okay. That's what slow lanes are for; new people who are just learning or re-learning to swim.

So I went over to the medium lane after one lap. It was actually two open lanes circle swimming. There were two older men in there who could barely swim. No problem. I don't need to go fast. Only it was SO slow it was frustrating because I found myself having to just stop stroking and float every 5-6 strokes. Then a lady got in and she'd swim a bit slower than my pace, but not bad (the men were resting), but then at the shallow areas she'd stand up and walk. Um...yeah, you have someone BEHIND you! You can't just stop and walk! I didn't know whether it was kosher to just go around her, so I'd stop and wait for her to swim again, then go. Finally after three laps of this I just went around her.

One older guy was obviously irritated that I was drafting on him so he'd stop at the end of the lane and with this look that could kill would wave me on like some irritating little gnat. Yeah Dude, I'm going to miss swimming behind you and your moobs. Sheesh! I mean be patient people! I certainly was being patient (on the outside) with them!

Then there was one heavy set guy who would just stand at the end of the lane for literally 5 minutes at a time with a pull buoy between his legs. Yick!

I know it's always strange going to a new pool. People have their territorial thing going and it's hard to find just where you fit in. I figure I'll just go with the flow for the first few times I go there and figure out where I fit in. It looks like MWF there are two med lanes open, so next time I'll grab the other med lane and see if that's more serious swimmers. Not that these guys aren't serious, I'm sure. Just that I'm there to swim until I'm done, not swim. Stop. Chat. Walk. Hump the pull buoy. Chat. Hang out. Whatever.

The fast lane looked like high school boys who WERE fast, so I know I don't belong there.

How did I get so many country songs on my iPod?

Feeling MUCH better today! My fever broke about 8 p.m. last night. WHEW! I slept pretty well, even with my afternoon nap. Got more sleep than I normally do, in fact. Woke up feeling about 90% and well rested this morning! Slept with Jim Dale last night. He is great in bed. ;)

Okay get your mind out of the gutter! I listen to books on my iPod while I sleep. It drowns out the snores of the various men in my room (two dogs and a husband), and the loud purring of Pixel the Motormouth. I listened to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban last night until my iPod battery died.

Damn. I am NOT feeling good at all this morning. Woke up feeling great. Even was playing with the dog. Suddenly I could feel aches creeping into my shoulders and a pain in my abdomen...pancreatitis! I had hoped that this was going to be a thing of past! It's been awhile since I had a bad bout. But today feels like it might be a doozy coming on, and I just don't feel like I can miss work. At least it's the end of the year and I don't have to do much. Have 1000 mg of ibuprofen on board. I didn't have a fever when I left for work. So maybe it'll be short and intense. (Or better yet, short and NOT intense!) I have to coach tonight so I don't have TIME for this!

Stoopid pancreas. No fair to get pancreatitis when I don't even get to DRINK to get there! 

Run
  • 55m 05s
  • 5.27 miles
  • -----

OMG the RAIN! I got out and had forgotten my hat, but had to meet Roy at the mall so had to run anyhow. It felt like 1000 needles stabbing me in the face. The wind was whipping, my eyes were full of water, I literally started to cry. I am SO tired of this weather!! Then I realized it was dumb to cry over weather, so I grew up and kept running. By halfway to the mall I decided enough was enough, zipped into a store and bought a hat. MUCH better!

If one more person says "June-uary" to me, I'm going to smack them.

Run
  • -----
  • 6.41 miles
  • -----

I am so sore and tired today, all I'm going to do is walk to breakfast and maybe to a movie later. I think my legs will thank me.

=====

Went for our walk. Walked to Starbucks and had a coffee and blueberry scone. Then we decided that since Roy had with him two free tickets to see Prince Caspian, we'd walk to the movies. I wasn't hungry for lunch so I grabbed a Nectar Bar and some "Just Fruit" (dried fruit with no additives...it's so healthy you could puke), and he got himself a sandwich and some goldfish. Don't tell God, but we smuggled our loot into the theater!

Walked home and for a total of 6.4 miles. My legs were REALLY tired today for some reason, so the walk was good for them. Missing doing the Furry 5k, but it was best. I would have run too hard and I need to be nice to my knees for a few weeks.

Officially in taper mode for Grandma's marathon.

Bike
  • 1h 32m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 14.35 Mi/hr
Run
  • 1h 02m
  • 6.30 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi
Swim
  • 39m 22s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m 11s /100 yards

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 1h 00m

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • -----
I decided with a triathlon coming up in two days, to go ahead and take a rest day today. Work has me slammed and stressed, so a workout MIGHT have been good if the idea of doing it wasn't stressing me out more. I wasn't going to run or bike, so plan was to swim in the lake. But it was WAY too cold. Didn't want to go to the hassle of getting to the pool knowing Roy would have to sit and wait for me. I haven't had a full rest day in awhile so it was probably overdue.

teechur's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals