Run
  • 50m 05s
  • 5.10 miles
  • 09m 49s /Mi

Ran to Starbucks to have coffee with an awesome former student. We talked for three hours. He's quite the kid!

Run
  • 34m
  • 3.34 miles
  • 10m 11s /Mi

Coached my last night, but I think I may have picked up 3-5 clients from this gig! Huzzah! There are some people who are more north and are interested, and a few ladies who want the coaching/weight loss touch.

Yay!

So now that I am officially done with my internship I have to send in my paperwork to get my certificate, get my business license, secure insurance, get a website going and get down to bidness!

Swim
  • 57m 56s
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 38s /100 yards

Went to the rec center to swim tonight. Took the slow lane as there was no one in it, and the med lane looked too fast. Ended up having to dodge some people, but overall it was a decent endurance swim. Just swam 2200 yards until I was done!

Zipped through McDonalds for a cone (I earned it) then headed into Seattle. Had dinner at Sbux (coffee and Italian Grinder...mmmmm). Then on to coaching!

Sport #1
  • Aerobics
  • 20m

Wii Fit, Baby!!

Sport #2
  • Core Training
  • 20m

Wii Fit, Baby!!

Sport #3
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Wii Fit, Baby!!

Run
  • 51m
  • 5.17 miles
  • -----

The MICROSOECOND work got out I ran out the door...literally. Roy was meeting me at the mall, so I had a very sweaty blessedly warm run to the Everett Mall. We went to see Hulk. Not too bad and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ironman tie in! There were some cute cameos too of Lou Ferigno, Stan Lee (the man is a movie whore, I think he's in every Marvel movie...as he should be), and Bill Bixby.

Had planned to swim but the movie was longer than anticipated, so we decided I could wait a day.

Run
  • 1h 22m 10s
  • 5.15 miles
  • 15m 57s /Mi

Walked to breakfast, then over to the sewing store to get some iron on letters for my marathon shirt. I want my NAME on my boobs, dammit! I want to hear "Go Tory!" a million times!

After that, hopped over to the pet store to get toenail clippers for Dash. Then over to the thrift store where I picked up a Nike running shirt, a cheap Nike golf jacket thing I can toss away at the marathon, and a funky yellow shirt that is very different. I like different 'cause I am.

Poor Dash. I really snipped one of his toenails too short. Blood, crying, tears. Poor Dude! I put a bandaid on it (Hello Kitty, thankyouverymuch). Funny thing is, he still has the bandaid on a few hours later. Dorky boy!!

Planning to kayak this afternoon. We're going to see our niece first, then to the lake.

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 1h 02m

Had a GREAT time kayaking this afternoon. We didn't get to the lake until 5 p.m. and as soon as I stepped in, I wished I'd gotten there early enough to swim with Vinette! The water was nice! Cold, but not too bad at all.

We enjoyed our paddle, though. Went twice around the lake and saw both a great blue heron and a bald eagle. We just stopped and stared at the eagle for awhile. I know they are more common now, but I swear I can never stop staring. They are SO gorgeous!

Tomorrow is my last day of school! Huzzah! Plan is to wear something I can run home in. Roy is taking m out to breakfast and dropping me off. I'm going to run to meet him somewhere (only five miles, not home), and then we'll see a movie. After that, we might stop off a the lake and swim. It was just so beautiful today!

Look at Dash's owie toe:

Bike
  • 1h 47m 04s
  • 26.02 miles
  • 14.58 Mi/hr

By about mile six I had feeling in my legs again. Good thing my feet were clipped in because I couldn't feel them AT ALL! My hands didn't do so badly. I had hand warmers in my gloves, so the main hand part was all good. One pinky didn't thaw until the run, though.

Nice ride around Mercer Island. I was intentionally not pushing it since um...I'm supposed to be tapering. Knees felt okay, not great, but okay. I refuse to be worried about that.

Got lost twice, so did a tad extra mileage. LOL! The second time Cheryl was right behind me and instead of going up Irving and turning left onto Lake Washington Blvd, I went straight across into the tunnel. Got to the other side and said, "This is not right!"

Oh well. I have the dumb.

Run
  • 1h 17m 37s
  • 7.50 miles
  • 10m 21s /Mi

I thought I'd cut it short in the Seward Park area so I went past the well marked turnaroud. I guess I didn't.

Run felt okay. Not great until the last two miles. I just don't find my mojo sometimes until the fifth mile! The last two were nice, although my body said "Hey, you said I was only running seven miles!" at mile 7 and wanted to slow down. Fortunately a good song came on.

Swim
  • 03m 34s
  • -----
  • -----

Yes. That is 3 minutes and 34 seconds. That was all I could stand!

I was so ready to swim today, too. No nerves at all, except as we got closer to Seward Park. It wasn't swim nerves, either. It was "I thought it was going to be warmer and did that sign just say it was only 46??" nerves.

Holy mother of our dear Lord Jesus Christ our savior..it was cold. It made Moses Lake feel like a hot springs.

Of course I have only a sleeveless wetsuit, no gloves, no booties. The water temperature, according to their site from yesterday, was 53. That is just WRONG!

I got in and waded out. Okay. Cold. Very cold. My mind was still able to form single syllable words. Tried to acclimate. Yeah, that wasn't happening. So I put my arms in. One fell off with a thud. Reattached it and decided to start swimming. Noticed that my muscles did not respond to the order to "put face in water and stroke". Cheryl, in the meantime, is saying "YOu don't have to do this! If it's too cold, don't swim."

Well I wanted to at least give it the college tri. I finally put my face in (I think my nerve conduction had slowed to the point where it took a full minute to get from the "put face in water" order to the actual face-putting). I decided I'd swim back towards shore and if it was horrendous, I'd just stop.

Swam a few strokes. Okay, it's horrendous but I might be able to do this. Turned around and started swimming to the buoy when WHAMMO! Suddenly my head felt like I'd power slammed a Slurpee! I mean it was INSTANT brainfreeze!

I stood up so fast I think my face fell off. It was frozen, so I'm not sure.

"Nope! Can't do it! Is my head split open because I can't feel my brain?"

Waded back to the shore where I proceeded to try to change as quickly as my frozen hands would allow.

Why am I incapable of tapering?

Imagine if I actually DID taper!

Run
  • 1h 06m 25s
  • 6.09 miles
  • 10m 55s /Mi

Did some walking a the end (to cool down), but this just felt like a slodgy run today for some reason. Ankle was bothering me. Legs felt heavy. No idea why.

Got off work a bit early today (was allowed to leave as soon as the kids left), so I went and grabbed Roy and we celebrated his last day of school by running and biking (me run, he bike) to the movie theater and seeing "The Happening". I'd love to say it was a great movie, but I was disappointed! I love M. Night Shamallamamdingdong too!

Dinner must be done, the smoke alarm just went off setting off the Murphy alarm. He's running all over the house all cracker dog.

So sad about Tim Russert. Too young to die! I wonder if he knew he had heart disease? I wonder what his diet and exercise was like. That's so scary when someone just drops dead like that.

Run
  • 50m 20s
  • 5.07 miles
  • 09m 56s /Mi
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

teechur's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14