Bike
  • 2h 13m 19s
  • 28.50 miles
  • 12.83 Mi/hr

Biked out the mall today to see a movie. It was a nice ride. The way out is more challenging because it's more uphill. The way back always feels so speedy!

We saw the movie then had lunch. On the way home we stopped and picked up scones for breakfast at some point this week.

Roy got on my "list" though because he decided to try to beat me home by taking a different route. Only problem is, I didn't know he was doing that. All I know was that he was behind me, then he wasn't. I thought something might have happened so I waited for him. Then I went back. I called him. I freaked out a little. Then finally decided that I'd go ahead and go home and hope he wasn't under the wheels of a truck or stuck with a flat.

We have agreed that "no games" is the rule when we go on bike rides. Since he's slower than I am (heavier bike) I often go ahead him then wait for him to catch up. So I am always going to wonder if something has happened if I can't see him!

Wind was really whipping up when we were heading out! When five big rigs passed us in a row I got blown over a few feet on the highway, which was a little freaky! But overall it was a nice ride.

Run
  • 1h 14m 47s
  • 7.20 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

Hmm, slow run but that's okay. I just ran a marathon! Planned five miles but decided to take the "long way" to Starbucks. Needed to finish up .15 miles to get a full six and felt so good, decided to go another mile for a good seven.

Legs feel great! That bodes well for Sunday!

Run
  • 54m 33s
  • 5.12 miles
  • 10m 39s /Mi

Was bored so decided to go out on a three mile run. Felt good enough to go four. Felt good enough at four to add another!

Sport
  • Elliptical Training
  • 30m

Run
  • 5h 56m 13s
  • 26.54 miles
  • 13m 25s /Mi

What a long day! We had fun though. Kim had bad IT band problems around mile 9 so we did a lot of walking. She kept telling me to go ahead but I came to run with her so we stayed together to the end. Fortunately about the time my back was telling me I couldn't walk much longer (my back is not bothered by running but walking causes spasms) she got a massage at a medical tent and was able to do run walk most of the rest of the way. After we finished we went and stood in Lake Superior for about the minutes. It was cold but wow did our legs feel better after! Maybe next weekend I should go stand in Puget Sound!

Run
  • 30m 30s
  • 3.10 miles
  • -----

Just an easy morning run. Had 2 on the schedule but did 3 since I had time. Went to the expo today and got a hat for the marathon. I like to get a new hat at every marathon. Also got a little waist pack thingy for my camera and a shirt that says "Racey Gal." I am oddly not too nervous. This will be Kim's second marathon and I know I can do it. Now can I do this and Seafair 8 days later??? We shall see!

It looks like it will ne a toasty race. Oh well.

teechur's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals