Today should probably be a rest day.

Meeting Lisa and Jenny in an hour to go to the expo. I have a blister between two toes. WTF? Maybe I stepped on something in the lake yesterday.

I'm jonesing to swim again, but Roy is doing a garage sale (God bless his soul, I freaking HATE doing garage sales), so no one to keep me safe. He did agree to go out with me 2 or 3 times next week. He made a face, but pffft on his face.  

Run
  • 1h 05m
  • 6.04 miles
  • 10m 46s /Mi

Took a little run with Dash this morning. Aren't dogs supposed to LIKE going on walks and runs? Poor Murphy was BESIDE himself when he realized he wasn't going. But Dash heads out the door like a lamb being led to slaughter on Easter morn. Then he dragged almost the entire way! WTF?

So it was a slow run, although I think I should get extra calories for having to drag a 70 pound dog behind me.

Swim
  • 38m
  • 1550.00 yards
  • 02m 27s /100 yards

Met Lisa for a swim. Unfortunately we got our lions crossed (I almost typed loins...hee hee) and started way late. Next time we set a FIRM place to meet!

We swam out to a spot about um...some distance away from the shore. It was WINDY so the water probably the choppiest I've ever swam in. I am proud that while the thought that I could be swallowed by a giant wave (ahem) crossed my mind, I didn't get nervous at all and eventually even set into my five stroke. I love my five stroke. When I am feeling good, I swim five strokes for every breath.

After heading back to shore and dropping Lisa off I swam back over to the boat launch to help Roy bring the kayak in. I swear there is a current in that spot! We talked about it when we finished the swim, too, that it felt like as you got closer to the dock it got really rough! It took me five minutes to hit that really rather short distance because I honestly felt like I swimming upstream!

It was a good swim, though. Unfortunately I forgot sunscreen and am now slightly burned. I'll have to make EXTRA sure to have it on on Sunday for the marathon.

Roy dragged me (not unwillingly) to see the midnight showing of Wall-E last night.

Turn off the computer and go see it. Now.

Why are you still reading this? Tory gave an order, and when Tory says jump, you ask how high!

No, seriously. It was SO good and had some really great messages about what humans are doing to the world, about love, about leading a sedentary lifestyle, about technology doing too much for us to the point where we suffer from it. But oddly NONE of this is crammed down your throat. If it were, I wouldn't have liked it. I think I'm the only one who hated to movie Crash because I don't like a movie telling me that I am bad, then wagging its finger at me. It was a very very SWEET movie and the animation...OMG. AmAzInG!

Race report for Grandma's is up! 

Run
  • 1h 13m 42s
  • 7.18 miles
  • 10m 16s /Mi

Sloggy slow run, but I did keep stopping to see how houses were priced. Almost every one we passed had a "new price" sign. I feel bad for all the people losing their homes. A lot of them don't even look like they're trying to sell. The houses look run down, yards aren't mowed, pain peeling. I think many are abandoned.

Had a scone and coffee at Starbucks then took the "longer" way home (and the "long" way there). Just trying out new routes. I always like finding a new way to add a little mileage without it feeling like I'm adding mileage.

Sport
  • Wii Fit
  • 25m

Bike
  • 2h 13m 19s
  • 28.50 miles
  • 12.83 Mi/hr

Biked out the mall today to see a movie. It was a nice ride. The way out is more challenging because it's more uphill. The way back always feels so speedy!

We saw the movie then had lunch. On the way home we stopped and picked up scones for breakfast at some point this week.

Roy got on my "list" though because he decided to try to beat me home by taking a different route. Only problem is, I didn't know he was doing that. All I know was that he was behind me, then he wasn't. I thought something might have happened so I waited for him. Then I went back. I called him. I freaked out a little. Then finally decided that I'd go ahead and go home and hope he wasn't under the wheels of a truck or stuck with a flat.

We have agreed that "no games" is the rule when we go on bike rides. Since he's slower than I am (heavier bike) I often go ahead him then wait for him to catch up. So I am always going to wonder if something has happened if I can't see him!

Wind was really whipping up when we were heading out! When five big rigs passed us in a row I got blown over a few feet on the highway, which was a little freaky! But overall it was a nice ride.

Run
  • 1h 14m 47s
  • 7.20 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

Hmm, slow run but that's okay. I just ran a marathon! Planned five miles but decided to take the "long way" to Starbucks. Needed to finish up .15 miles to get a full six and felt so good, decided to go another mile for a good seven.

Legs feel great! That bodes well for Sunday!

Run
  • 54m 33s
  • 5.12 miles
  • 10m 39s /Mi

Was bored so decided to go out on a three mile run. Felt good enough to go four. Felt good enough at four to add another!

Sport
  • Elliptical Training
  • 30m

teechur's Training Log

June 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time