Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 1h 00m

Jillian Michaels is mean. She kicked my ass. Then she picked me up off the floor and kicked me again. Then she stomped on me and threw me against a wall and called me a wimp.

Damn I think I love that woman!

Bike
  • 28m 13s
  • 5.57 miles
  • 11.84 Mi/hr

So since it was a beautiful day and I hadn't abused my body, and it was also Bike Day to much of Lk. Washington Blvd was closed to cars, I suggested to Roy that we bike there, stopping for at least a snack at Sbux, and then go on to Tacoma.

We got less than 3 miles from the car and Roy got ANOTHER flat! And I mean a FLAT FLAT! It was so flat it was practically inside OUT! We decided we needed to take that bike in to REI. It gets flat at the rate of one a week!

So I said "No worries. I've already gotten enough of a workout, let's just forget it. I'll go back and get the car."

Half a mile back to the car I notice my bike is really riding rough, look back. I have a flat! LOL! I didn't even get mad. I just thought "What are the odds?" Since I hadn't brought my cell phone and there was only about 2 miles to go, and I had that self-healing stuff (Slime) in my tube I decided to just pump it back up and hope it would take me two miles I have an AWESOME pump, by the way...totally worth the price of our training this year was learning about this hand pump at our flat changing session.

Pumped her up and rode her back. So much for Bike Day!

Run
  • 2h 42m 26s
  • 14.35 miles
  • 11m 19s /Mi

I was really not happy with my pace, but I had to keep reminding myself that I'd been down with a 102.5 temp for two days. Everything felt relatively good. I did under-fuel. I went out on the run and was already feeling a bit tired and like "Gu Time!" which confused me. I tend to have this disconnect with doing double workouts. "OH! You mean I have to fuel for the ENTIRE workout? And one workout might make me TIRED so the second workout feels hard? Wow...what a concept!"

So I'd planned two bags of sports beans not even THINKING about the fact that I'd have already swam for nearly an hour. I also didn't eat as much as I would normally eat on a Saturday before training because I just wasn't as hungry. So I rationed the beans and, fortunately, had Endurolytes with me.

It was a gorgeous run, though. I often wonder as I run along Lake Washington if the people who live there appreciate its beauty every day. I've run that area in all weather all times of the year, and I don't care if it is pouring down rain, it is still just beautiful. Yesterday was probably the most beautiful ever. Mt. Rainier was out just stunningly showing off. The water sparkled an azure that took your breath away. I saw a HUGE salmon dropped on the sidewalk. Eagle? Angry fisherman? Food fight? I also saw turtles sunning themselves, lots of birds, tons of other runners (and I said good morning to every one of them on the way out).

It was a good run, overall. It just felt harder than I would have liked it to feel, fueling my fears about Troika.

Swim
  • 52m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 22s /100 yards

Distance approximated based on my time. We met at Madison Park to swim out about 1.2 miles and back. I felt good the entire swim from start to finish. I did feel a charly horse threaten in my foot at one point and just mentally planned how to handle it without panic, and relaxed. It went away. Got a small one in my hamstring at another point, but it too went away. I just kicked with one foot for awhile. Feeling REALLY good about Seafair. Still nervous about Troika because of the cutoff, but at the point I have my training in and I have to trust it and it if wasn't enough, I'll train harder next year.

Lake was choppy at times, smooth at times. I've come to kind of "enjoy" the choppy. There was a water skiier, so we'd be buffetted with waves every now and again...WHEEEEEE!

Bike
  • 33m 09s
  • 6.46 miles
  • 11.69 Mi/hr

Roy and I biked out to dinner in heavy traffic, then I ran to the store to get some angel food cake for strawberry shortcake.

Run
  • 1h 09m 15s
  • 6.09 miles
  • 11m 22s /Mi

What a SLOW pace! Still not feeling 100%, but much much better.

Barely slept last night at all. I had hoped that this would be gone by today. Usually pancreatitis only lasts a day and the next day I feel completely fine. Not this time! I've spent most of the day sleeping in the chair.

Worst part is, no dinner with my girls! :( I am SO disappointed! But I just don't feel good enough to drive and I can't eat anything.

• Health data: Sick: 5
Bike
  • 2h 55m
  • 35.00 miles
  • 12.00 Mi/hr

Woke up feeling like CRAP today. But we had Merry Maids coming so we had to be out of the house for 4 hours. Our plan had been to ride the Centennial Trail into Snohomish and have lunch, but Roy suggested that instead we go out to Everett and see how I did on the Interurban Trail. I didn't want to ride, but at the same time I didn't want to sit in a coffee shop, I didn't want to go to a movie, nor did I want to shop. I really just wanted to go home and sleep.

Strangely, as soon as I got on the bike I felt better. Not great, but the aches and pains would go away and I could ride. But if I'd stop for more than 2 minutes, it would come back. Very odd. It must have been the focus. When we stopped for lunch I was miserable, but as soon as I was back on the bike I was okay. I can't say I "enjoyed" the ride because I had a hard time finding joy in it. But I'm glad we did it.

Sadly I had plans to run and swim with a group of ladies and I had to cancel that.

Bike
  • 1h 07m
  • 13.66 miles
  • 12.23 Mi/hr

Cool ride! Obviously in town, hence the pace. We biked out to the high school to pick up a CD (that wasn't there...oh well) then we were heading to Home Depot when Roy heard "Danger Zone" so we whipped over to the amphitheatre and listened to KENNY LOGGINS sing for about 20 minutes! He's warming up for tonight's concert. We wanted to go, but at $90 a ticket we couldn't justify it. (Instead we're going to see David Cross on Friday for $20 a ticket.)

Made it over to Home Depot, then went to Walmart. Can I just say Walmart makes me cranky? But they have a better grocery selection, particularly of organic foods and I needed eggs. But man it's like a parade of unhealthy people and their bratty children. I watched a kid about 4 throw a SCREAMING fit then grab his father's face and slap it hard. Two minutes later same kid is being fed Whoppers (candy) and as we were leaving with our McD's ice cream cones (earned, I would say) kid's being fed a double cheeseburger. And don't GET me started about that damn self checkout line!

Nice day, though. Traffic was uber heavy, but it feels like people around here are starting to "get it" when they see bikes. Bikes are for sharing the road with. Bikes are not for targeting or throwing things at. This whole gas crunch thing is really helping!

Tomorrow we're taking a ride out to Snohomish while the cleaning fairies make our house all sparkley!

Run
  • 1h 16m 01s
  • 7.05 miles
  • 10m 47s /Mi

Slow run with Dash because the last two miles I was having to drag him! WTF? Dogs are supposed to LIKE to run, and he can certainly run further than seven miles! (Plus I'd run half a mile without him before heading home and grabbing him.) I think he just sometimes decides he's done. He runs with me, but I have a waist belt so I can run hands free, and I feel like a husky dragging a sled. He slows down just enough that he doesn't stop me, but I have to pull him. Treats don't work. I could give him a porterhouse steak with a good burgundy wine and he'd turn his nose up at it while out running. The second we hit the front porch, though, he'll take anything. He actually SPIT OUT cheese the other day! The boy LOVES cheese!

Other than that, it was a nice run. Did some trails including the Big Hill. Mostly it was street, though.

You know what I hate, though...besides almost getting mowed down by some bint in a mommy-van who was taking a free right on a red while I was in the crosswalk and somehow didn't see me in my bright pink shirt and bright blue skirt, people who change their children's diapers and throw them in the street. What? Do they think the diaper fairy is going to come along and pick it up? Do they REALLY think someone else wants to deal with their child's feces and urine? WTF? Selfish pigs! I ran over two of those today on my run. TWO! PIGS PIGS PIGS!

It just disgusts me.

Hell, I even picked up my dog's mess today, twice...and the second time I didn't notice the bag was ripped until I found myself with a hand full of warm poo. EW! Thank GOD I was only about 1/4 mile from the park so I could run back and wash my hands 37 times. I think Dash was laughing, too. Ingrate.

Made some entertainment acquisitions today:

-Country Sings Disney (Hey! I love Disney!)

-Mamma Mia Soundtrack (singing Mamma Mia right now...I loves me some Abba)

-Remastered copy of Billy Joel's The Stranger, one of my favorite albums of all time. I refuse to believe it is 30 years old, though. However, I am proud to say that I have been to EVERY Billy Joel concert in the Seattle area since 1985, including two times in one year when he passed back through and put on another concert, and the one he did with Elton John.

-Essential Guide to the X-Files Movie; DVD that has 8 episodes from seasons 1-6 that are supposed to prepare you to see the movie.

Also took the dogs to the dog park today and wore them out. I think Dash is in a coma somewhere after 7 miles of running and 2 hours at the dog park with LOTS of swimming and running and butt sniffing. I let Roy do the cleanup on this trip. :)

Run
  • 1h 11m 25s
  • 7.02 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

Ran to the HS pool to meet a friend to swim. I carried my stuff in my trail running pack (just took out the water bladder). It was HOT to run in without the benefit of trees! Fortunately my wonderful husband decided to stop by and work in his classroom and offered to take my pack home after I finished my swim.

Swam 1.5 miles and then went out to lunch. Ran home from lunch (turkey pesto baguette at Sbux) in the warmth of the sun. A bit too warm for a run, but I am NOT complaining!

Swim
  • 1h 10m 21s
  • 2700.00 yards
  • 02m 37s /100 yards

Swam laps at the HS pool. Actually was doing a much better time than indicated, but must have slowed down at the end. It's all good, though. I was able to get my 1.2 mile goal in less than an hour, and that's with turning every 25 yards and no wetsuit, so I should be able to hit that in my triathlon. I sure hope so!

teechur's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals