Bike
  • 4h 04m
  • 57.49 miles
  • 14.14 Mi/hr

I had actually hoped to do the full 70, but the flat tire nixed that because I just didn't have time for the entire route. It was hilly but BEAUTIFUL. And by hilly I mean f'ing hilly made me want to cry a few times at the end hilly. But I survived!

Had serious back spasms the last 10 miles. I hope that doesn't happen on Troika! I mean they were KILLING me (hence the desire to cry on the hills...getting out of the seat was painful).

Run
  • 42m
  • 4.02 miles
  • 10m 27s /Mi

I was supposed to run 30 minutes but didn't realize 15 was up until I heard the second mile beep on my Garmin. My legs felt great, so I'm feeling confident about finishing Troika without issues.

Swim
  • 48m 52s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

Swam in the lake today in a triangle fashion trying to get in a full 1.2 miles. Paused a little to tread water a bit and check in with Roy. feeling good on the time (for me). Wish I were faster, but if wishes were horses it would be a really interesting triathlon.

Strength
  • 20m

Worked through the strength routine I was going to take my first client through. Of course she bagged out on me the morning we were supposed to meet. Thanks for that! Very nice. Oh well...I didn't want to take on anyone south of Lynnwood anyhow, but it was disappointing. (Not to mention, I put a LOT of time into setting up for her.)

Sport
  • Wii Fit
  • 20m

Run
  • 1h 41m 41s
  • 8.06 miles
  • 12m 37s /Mi

Such a slow pace because I walked with Roy to his parents house, then dropped him off and did a six mile run. Then we walked back after visiting a bit. Worked out great for me. I did not have to spend as much time there, and he was able to get parent time in, plus we both got exercise in. And I did get to spend SOME time there.

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 2h 10m 47s

What an AWESOME paddle! We went out on the slough and on the way back in, we saw a gorgeous bald eagle just sitting up in a tree. I took about a dozen pictures, hoping at least one or two would turn out. The paddle felt good...hard towards the end (you're against the current coming in) but good. Roy petered out about 90 min so I did a lot of solo paddling. It feels good to be strong enough to do that.

Last night we saw the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight." Wow! It was GREAT! I am not big on midnight showings because after a day of work or play, I'm one tired gal! But I didn't even so much as droop an eyelid at this movie. Heath Ledger was a-maz-ing. I mean just played The Joker with a crazy subtlety that was much more realistic than Jack's. (Not that I don't love Jack, although as he gets older and my stepdad gets older I keep thinking, "Dad? Is that you?") It was worth the midnight showing. All four theaters here in M'ville were packed.

Now to see Mamma Mia! Leslie? Anyone else? Srsly! 

Run
  • 54m 43s
  • 5.06 miles
  • -----
Swim
  • 45m 56s
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 05s /100 yards

Swam in my new wetsuit today and totally rocked out with my...um...well, you know. FASTER than I've ever been! I can't wait to try it in competition on Sunday!

Bike
  • 3h 30m
  • 50.30 miles
  • 14.37 Mi/hr

The first half of this ride was awesome. I was averaging over 15mph with all the stops, slowing down for stupid people (a lady feeding a toddler ice cream sitting IN the trail...HULLO!), and stopping every five miles for Roy (our agreement in case he has a flat or problem, so I don't end up at the destination and he's 20 miles back).

But the way back the combination of Subway and the heat and I don't know what else, and I had about 15 miles of feeling like I might hurl or fall over. My pace slowed WAY down and I started doubting myself SO much. My quads cramped up and I've NEVER had that happen! I stopped and rolled my hand pump along them and it was like magic.

By mile 40 I started to feel better, and at mile 45 I was back. Roy tried to pass me and I floored it. Ha! I was fine on the run...tired, but my legs felt fine, no residual pain from the cramps. Whew!

I am still freaking over Troika, but that's what I do. I freak.

Run
  • 32m
  • 3.05 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

Hot run...hot hot hot run...and not in a good way. Just hot. Hot and nasty.

I bought a used wetsuit today. I tried it on tonight (the lady who owned it was almost exactly my size, about an inch taller and 5 pounds heavier and I was in baggy bike shorts, so I didn't try it on at her house), and wow is it tight. I know it's supposed to be. I just hope it isn't too small. I was awfully sweaty at the time, though...and it was the end of the day after a long hot bike ride, so I hope that was the issue. Also, I didn't really take the time to get it all the way pulled onto my shoulders. I'll do that when I swim in it tomorrow. I was just too tired to care.

Run
  • 1h 24m
  • 8.10 miles
  • 10m 22s /Mi

Just a meandering run. I ran out to the slough and thought, "What the heck, I think I'll run to Langus Riverfront Park" so I ran along highway 529, which actually has some really beautiful views of the mountains and crosses the sloughs in three areas. I even saw a hot air balloon going up in the early morning mist. It was GORGEOUS!

Didn't make it all the way to Langus because I was at 4 miles and didn't want Roy to worry (I said I'd be an hour). Maybe Wednesday.

Strength
  • 45m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
  • BICEPS - DB Curls
  • CHEST - Fitball DB Press
  • CORE - Hip lifts
  • CORE - Reverse abdominal curls (FB)
  • LEGS - Front Squats
  • SHOULDERS - Alternate Standing DB Press
  • TRICEPS - DB Overhead Extension, Lying

Ran through a routine with Roy that I want him to do three times a week. He acted as a "client" for me and said I done good!

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 1h 45m

Took the kayak out onto the slough today. It was AWESOME! It is so beautiful out there, but the put in is only one mile from our house. We saw an eagle carrying a big branch to build his/her nest (I think it was female, but I didn't look up her dress to check.) We were out longer than I'd planned, and Roy acted like I almost killed him...whiner.

Sport
  • Aerobics
  • 1h 00m

Jillian Michaels is mean. She kicked my ass. Then she picked me up off the floor and kicked me again. Then she stomped on me and threw me against a wall and called me a wimp.

Damn I think I love that woman!

teechur's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals