Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.10 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

Ran to Starbucks this morning. My back is KILLING me lately, but running actually seems to help. I start out feeling wonky, but do better by the time I get about half mile into it.

Saw Patty at the coffee shop. She is the person who hired me for my first teaching job and I LOVE her! She's just a neat, vivacious lady!

Strength
  • 45m

Did a full body strength workout with Roy. I'm not loving it, because the lower body stuff is kind of weenie, but then I watch him struggle with it and I know I shouldn't increase it quite yet. I think I'll change it up next week to working more with bands.

Run
  • 1h 20m
  • 8.06 miles
  • 09m 56s /Mi
Swim
  • 51m 52s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 02m 28s /100 yards

Run
  • 25m 29s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 13s /Mi
Swim
  • 18m 21s
  • 800.00 yards
  • 02m 17s /100 yards

Bike
  • 4h 04m
  • 57.49 miles
  • 14.14 Mi/hr

I had actually hoped to do the full 70, but the flat tire nixed that because I just didn't have time for the entire route. It was hilly but BEAUTIFUL. And by hilly I mean f'ing hilly made me want to cry a few times at the end hilly. But I survived!

Had serious back spasms the last 10 miles. I hope that doesn't happen on Troika! I mean they were KILLING me (hence the desire to cry on the hills...getting out of the seat was painful).

Run
  • 42m
  • 4.02 miles
  • 10m 27s /Mi

I was supposed to run 30 minutes but didn't realize 15 was up until I heard the second mile beep on my Garmin. My legs felt great, so I'm feeling confident about finishing Troika without issues.

Swim
  • 48m 52s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

Swam in the lake today in a triangle fashion trying to get in a full 1.2 miles. Paused a little to tread water a bit and check in with Roy. feeling good on the time (for me). Wish I were faster, but if wishes were horses it would be a really interesting triathlon.

Strength
  • 20m

Worked through the strength routine I was going to take my first client through. Of course she bagged out on me the morning we were supposed to meet. Thanks for that! Very nice. Oh well...I didn't want to take on anyone south of Lynnwood anyhow, but it was disappointing. (Not to mention, I put a LOT of time into setting up for her.)

Sport
  • Wii Fit
  • 20m

Run
  • 1h 41m 41s
  • 8.06 miles
  • 12m 37s /Mi

Such a slow pace because I walked with Roy to his parents house, then dropped him off and did a six mile run. Then we walked back after visiting a bit. Worked out great for me. I did not have to spend as much time there, and he was able to get parent time in, plus we both got exercise in. And I did get to spend SOME time there.

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 2h 10m 47s

What an AWESOME paddle! We went out on the slough and on the way back in, we saw a gorgeous bald eagle just sitting up in a tree. I took about a dozen pictures, hoping at least one or two would turn out. The paddle felt good...hard towards the end (you're against the current coming in) but good. Roy petered out about 90 min so I did a lot of solo paddling. It feels good to be strong enough to do that.

Last night we saw the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight." Wow! It was GREAT! I am not big on midnight showings because after a day of work or play, I'm one tired gal! But I didn't even so much as droop an eyelid at this movie. Heath Ledger was a-maz-ing. I mean just played The Joker with a crazy subtlety that was much more realistic than Jack's. (Not that I don't love Jack, although as he gets older and my stepdad gets older I keep thinking, "Dad? Is that you?") It was worth the midnight showing. All four theaters here in M'ville were packed.

Now to see Mamma Mia! Leslie? Anyone else? Srsly! 

Run
  • 54m 43s
  • 5.06 miles
  • -----
Swim
  • 45m 56s
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 05s /100 yards

Swam in my new wetsuit today and totally rocked out with my...um...well, you know. FASTER than I've ever been! I can't wait to try it in competition on Sunday!

teechur's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals