Run
  • 2h 02m 10s
  • 11.10 miles
  • 11m 01s /Mi

Had a lovely sweaty run with my girls, Lisa and Leslie today. It was fun! We talked and talked and talked some more and got some good miles in!

Run
  • 35m
  • 2.52 miles
  • 13m 53s /Mi

Out to get ice cream and back. Worked ALL day and am paying for it today. My back is KILLING me! (Today being Monday.)

Run #1
  • 43m 31s
  • 5.11 miles
  • 08m 31s /Mi

Torchlight 8k tonight! This is always a fun race and I think I did pretty well. An 8:31 average is nothing to sneeze at (for me). Unfortunately afterwards I was just plain feeling sick. I think I'm coming down with something.

I've also had back spasms ALL day. It's been horrible. Fortunately it doesn't hurt when I run, and in fact feels MUCH better. No pain at all. But stop running and it's like knives in my lower back. No fun.

Run #2
  • 1h 37m 52s
  • 9.11 miles
  • 10m 44s /Mi

Ran after the swim. Stopped and chatted with some people at different paces, so my pacing was uneven. Plus when we finished I was at 8.64 and it bugged me all day, so when we got to the Torchlight I had to finish off the last .36 miles. Yes, I am pathetic.

It was funny. Just as I was finishing up in Seward someone ran towards me calling my name...it was a blog reader! She said she'd seen Roy and knocked on his window and asked if it was him because she recognized him from my blog! LOL! Small world! Her name is Betsy and she's really cool (not a stalker) but it was a little odd to run into each other like that!

Swim
  • 21m 22s
  • 1000.00 yards
  • 02m 08s /100 yards

No idea how far it actually was, but it was a GREAT swim. Only problem was the milfoil was REALLY high and it kept getting caught in my arms and even at one point, around my neck.

Swim
  • 51m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 33s /100 yards

Bike
  • 1h 14m 36s
  • 17.66 miles
  • 14.20 Mi/hr

Biked around M'ville and then to Starbucks...I loves me some Starbucks! Two times in one day!

Then later on biked to the track meet.

Run #1
  • 07m 46s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 07m 46s /Mi

Okay, I wish it would do a correct pace and not a decimal pace. So I ran a 7:46 mile on the miler and came in 6th. I could have pushed a bit harder and done fifth but it was a Joggers Mile and if you ran it within 30 seconds of your estimated pace, you got a free t-shirt. I estimated an 8:30 min mile. So I slowed down at the end hoping to make an 8. Duh! Set a record in my age group because I was the only one so far in the history of this meet IN my age group!

Run #2
  • 03m 41s
  • 0.50 miles
  • 07m 22s /Mi

Woot!! My first track meet! Went to the All Comers Track Meet tonight and ran the 800 and the mile. The 800 was by accident. I thought it was the mile. LOL! So I just ran both. (Duh) Awesome time!!

Run #3
  • 1h 22m
  • 8.09 miles
  • 10m 08s /Mi

Ran to Starbucks and had breakfast, then ran to the bank to fix something. After the bank Roy rode home and I continued on to make it 8 miles. It was freezing when we started, but HOT when I finished!

Bike
  • 1h 40m 09s
  • 23.71 miles
  • 14.20 Mi/hr

Roy and I parked at the Everett Mall and biked out to downtown Lynnwood. I went ahead of him and really focused on full circles, and tried to keep my HR at at least 70%. I felt like I really pushed it, even if the speed doesn't look like it. It felt good. Did have to stop and take a call from my insurance company.

Run #1
  • 31m 03s
  • 1.75 miles
  • 17m 44s /Mi

Coaching! All my people who showed up were walkers who want to run, so we did walk/brisk walk tonight. I was sure hoping for more people, but some chickened out so I had only three. Two more are supposed to come next week, so five is good. I was just hoping for a few more.

But it's all good! We have to start somewhere. So now I have three running clients and three online clients!

Run #2
  • 34m 04s
  • 3.44 miles
  • 09m 54s /Mi

Ran around the neighborhood. Nothin' special.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.10 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

Ran to Starbucks this morning. My back is KILLING me lately, but running actually seems to help. I start out feeling wonky, but do better by the time I get about half mile into it.

Saw Patty at the coffee shop. She is the person who hired me for my first teaching job and I LOVE her! She's just a neat, vivacious lady!

Strength
  • 45m

Did a full body strength workout with Roy. I'm not loving it, because the lower body stuff is kind of weenie, but then I watch him struggle with it and I know I shouldn't increase it quite yet. I think I'll change it up next week to working more with bands.

teechur's Training Log

July 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals