Run
  • 1h 12m
  • 6.75 miles
  • 10m 40s /Mi

Holy slowbee, Batman! Feeling sluggish. Should have taken a rest day.

Strength
  • 10m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Run
  • 2h 11m 09s
  • 12.30 miles
  • 10m 40s /Mi

Met Lisa at Redhook for a 12 mile run. Today was supposed to be 18, but I'm still tired from the HIM, so since Lisa proposed 12 I went with that. I also have been having horrible back pain lately, so it made more sense.

We ran two miles out to Wilmot Park and met Jenny and then we all ran and talked the entire time. Good fun! I love running with friends! We did 5:11. I can tell Jenny wasn't hip to that jive, but I just couldn't NOT do that today. Normally 12 miles wouldn't be an issue, but day-yum my back was KILLING me! It didn't really release until about mile four, but by the time we were done it was a lot better.

Pretty happy with the pace, considering run/walk!

So to deal with my back pain we have moved the big easy chair into the office. LOL! It looks ridiculous, but if I sit upright and work on the computer it KILLS me even if I get up and move every 15 minutes. It is fine if I work on the laptop in the livingroom, but all my stuff is on my main computer and I have a LOT of website stuff to do setting up my second year program. The easy chair reclines and has lumbar support, so I look like the laziest nerd in the world!

Run
  • 1h 00m 23s
  • 6.05 miles
  • 09m 59s /Mi

Wasn't feeling hot on the way out, but was fine on the way back. I think I've figured it out. Yesterday and today I took Aleve for my back before going on a run and both days I had lightheadedness.

I had my half marathon class this morning, but no takers. Bummer. I'm not going to give up, though. It was pouring down rain and three papers I submitted an entry to in the community section didn't put them in. So I made sure to re-send them again last night (one had called me and said it would go in this week). If it doesn't work, no problem. I'll probably do some sort of free clinic to establish a name, plus it will free me up to go to a running coach clinic in Portland (and maybe run the marathon).

So afterwards I ran to Starbucks and was wearing my "26.2 and still smiling" shirt. A lady commented on it and we got to talking. She's a walker and was thrilled when I told her that you can walk a marathon or half marathon. I told her about the Seattle Rock and Roll and that I'd be doing a training program for that, as well as some other 5k classes before then (I decided not to mention the current one for now). She took my card, as did another lady who overheard us talking and was interested...so maybe there's a reason I needed to be there instead of running with others.

Who knows? I know that I am definitely going to do a training program for RnR starting in February. I'll have plenty of time to advertise. I threw this one out really fast because I didn't want to advertise until I had my license and my liability insurance. Live and learn! Nothing ventured, nothing gained so I'm not going to stress. I was disappointed, but not dramatically so.

Run
  • 56m
  • 5.10 miles
  • 10m 59s /Mi

Man I did NOT feel good on this run at all. I think I'm still tired from Sunday, plus last night I ran hard at the track meet. Roy and I drove to Sbux and had breakfast (I was hoping to see a girl who had expressed interest in the marathon class, but she wasn't there.) I ran home and he went to school to get stuff done. I think it was part cranberry orange scone and coffee, part legs being tired, and part heat. Oh well...whatevahs.

I might make my long run Sunday be just 12 miles and do 18 next weekend. I'm not sure my legs will speak to me if I attempt 18 on Sunday.

Strength

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • CORE - Back Bridges
  • CORE - Crunch, Alternate Knee Lift
  • CORE - Half Up Twists
  • CORE - Knee-To-Chest (FB)
  • CORE - Reverse abdominal curls (FB)

Run #1
  • 15m 54s
  • 1.90 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

3k at the track meet. Not last in this one, either. They messed up the counting of laps, which was funny. I knew I hadn't been lapped by a lady who finished just ahead of me, but my counter wasn't counting (and neither was I) so rather than stop, I kept going. When they realized I should have been done, someone ran across the field to tell me and I said "No problem, I'll just finish the lap." They ran back and one of the timers said to Roy "Does she know she can stop running?" He said, "Oh, she does that. If you don't tell her to stop, she'll run forever." Ha! So my "official" time was 13:58. But honestly I think the lady in front of me was shy a lap. I think I was right because of the distance.

Oh well! It was fun. I won't get to do next week, but for sure I'll do all the ones next year!

Run #2
  • 07m 48s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 07m 48s /Mi

Jogger's Mile and I won a shirt! You tell them what you think your finishing time will be for a 1600, and if you're within 3 seconds, you win a shirt. I predicted 7:50 because last week I was 7:41 and my 800 time was slower than last week. I finished in 7:48! Not last on this one!

Run #3
  • 03m 58s
  • 0.50 miles
  • 07m 56s /Mi

800 race. I was last...pffft. But oh well, still a fantastic pace for me. Plus I don't think anyone else did a 70.3 on Sunday.

Run #4
  • 41m 10s
  • 4.07 miles
  • 10m 07s /Mi

Ran nice and slow because I knew I had the track meet tonight.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 02m 37s /100 yards

Long slow swim (LSS). Just fishing around at the pool. One thing that was semi-frustrating was that they were having swim lessons. This pool has three pools (a kiddie pool, med pool, and a big 12ft deep pool). It was open for lap swim, and often there are also lessons going on in the middle pool and one or two lanes of the big pool, but this time they were going on crosswise (the short way) across the big pool, so I'd have to turn before getting to the wall. Irritating because you do pay to do lap swim and, I feel, there should be at least a few lanes open for lap swimming if they're advertising and taking your money for a scheduled lap swim.

But oh well! Roy joined me and swam for about 20 minutes. He told me later he couldn't believe how tired he was after the swim. Yup! It does tend to wear you at first because, I think, new swimmers don't breathe right and are so tense about being in the water. I gave him some drills to do just to get used to swimming (breathing drills at first, some kick drills). He's very very trepiditious about swimming, but I'm proud that he's trying.

Bike
  • 1h 13m 50s
  • 17.36 miles
  • 14.11 Mi/hr

Biked from Everett Mall to Alderwood Mall. Actually felt pretty darn good! I had a massage after and he worked me over REALLY HARD. My night run felt a zillion times better.

Run #1
  • 45m 24s
  • 3.35 miles
  • 13m 33s /Mi

Coaching with run/walk intervals. I love coaching! I really hope that I can make a go of all this long term. It's just so fun to meet new people and help them achieve their goals!

Run #2
  • 53m 05s
  • 5.06 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

Man my legs felt tired this morning! This was a challenging run! I guess it's just delayed onset soreness.

Run
  • 40m 50s
  • 4.10 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

Just an easy run this morning. legs feel surprisingly good!

Swim
  • 53m 50s
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

Just a guestimate on the distance. I know it was over a mile because the regular route is a mile and I swam from the boat launch to the start, and then of course I got completely off course again...a lot. But I did sing a lot of show tunes on the swim.

Felt pretty darn good. Tired towards the end, but not "Oh my God I can't swim another stroke" tired. Just tired.

teechur's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals