Run
  • 1h 05m 03s
  • 6.10 miles
  • 10m 40s /Mi

Why do I feel so bad today? My back is KILLING me! It hasn't been this bad since right before Troika. I have to have assistance getting up (as in holding onto something, not as in calling someone to get me out of the chair) and if I drop something...it's staying. I normally don't run the day before a marathon, but I had to see if that would loosen it. It did, but as soon as I stop it just clenches right back up again. I am SO tired of this. It's maddening!

Stomach bothering me too. Every now and again I have this situation where everything I eat makes me nauseous. Usually I just ignore it. I've dealt with it since Whipplefest 2003, but today it's been particularly bad. I thought I was going to lose it a few times. It's like if you eat a whole lot, really stuff yourself, and your stomach feels so full you want to spew. But it happens after something like a protein bar, or scone. Not enough food to over-fill my stomach by a long shot.

On top of that, headache from HELL!

We did go to the Mamma Mia Singalong, though. That was fun. Roy sang too. Hee hee.

Run
  • 53m
  • 5.33 miles
  • -----
Swim
  • 58m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 38s /100 yards

Good swim today! Did lots of speed drills. I generated a strength program for swimming improvement, so I'm going to start doing that.

Run #1
  • 52m 30s
  • 5.09 miles
  • -----

Ran with Linda at lunch. We had some HELLACIOUS headwinds on the first two miles! In fact, I know we were working really hard and it felt WAY faster.

Run #2
  • 55m
  • 3.16 miles
  • 17m 25s /Mi

Met with Sheba, who is probably going to be taking my running class. Coached her a bit and we talked each others ears off! LOL! Run/walk combination.

Strength
  • 45m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Strength training in the studio in the am. Don't feel like putting in what I did. Suffice to say it was 45 minutes and my arms hurt.

Run #1
  • 1h 07m
  • 3.60 miles
  • 18m 37s /Mi

Coaching and my runners didn't show tonight, so I walked.

Run #2
  • 48m 03s
  • 4.71 miles
  • -----

Run
  • 1h 03m
  • 6.16 miles
  • 10m 14s /Mi

Got up this morning to go running with “the girls” but they weren’t there. I decided to head back home (the Y is only a mile away) and run from home alone in the dark (sniff). No, I actually like running alone in the mornings…just me and my podcasts. I wear a reflective vest and a lighted hat, so I’m pretty good. Plus I run where there is lots of traffic, so I feel safe. Of course I passed the girls on the run, so they must run earlier now. I’ll have to find out.

Run felt pretty good. It was COLD this morning…as in needed gloves cold! Brr! This afternoon I’m heading to the fair to see a friend’s daughter show her horse. I’ve already journaled my fair scone and plan a light lunch since we’ll be at the mercy of fair food…although actually things are now closer to the fair, so we might sneak off and eat off site. I should run home and grab my bikes just for that purpose. Roy is taking the bus to join me because tonight is the Weird Al concert. Hey! I like Weird Al!!

Logbook Activity

* Type: Run
* Date: 08/26/2008
* Time: 05:00:00
* Total Time: 00:01:03.00
* Distance: 6.16 miles
* Average Pace: 0:10.23/mile

Sport
  • Wii Fit
  • -----

Run
  • 2h 49m 50s