• 1h 13m 50s
  • 17.36 miles
  • 14.11 Mi/hr

Biked from Everett Mall to Alderwood Mall. Actually felt pretty darn good! I had a massage after and he worked me over REALLY HARD. My night run felt a zillion times better.

Run #1
  • 45m 24s
  • 3.35 miles
  • 13m 33s /Mi

Coaching with run/walk intervals. I love coaching! I really hope that I can make a go of all this long term. It's just so fun to meet new people and help them achieve their goals!

Run #2
  • 53m 05s
  • 5.06 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

Man my legs felt tired this morning! This was a challenging run! I guess it's just delayed onset soreness.

  • 40m 50s
  • 4.10 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

Just an easy run this morning. legs feel surprisingly good!

  • 53m 50s
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

Just a guestimate on the distance. I know it was over a mile because the regular route is a mile and I swam from the boat launch to the start, and then of course I got completely off course again...a lot. But I did sing a lot of show tunes on the swim.

Felt pretty darn good. Tired towards the end, but not "Oh my God I can't swim another stroke" tired. Just tired.

  • 3h 32m 59s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 15.78 Mi/hr
  • 2h 20m 33s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 10m 44s /Mi
  • 50m 58s
  • 2112.00 yards
  • 02m 25s /100 yards

Finished the Ironman 70.3 (yes, I know that's not a FULL ironman so I am therefor NOT an me, some wench already felt the need to point that out to me on another message board...thanks for that, bitch) in 6:49:21.

Race report to come, but here's a short recap:

Swim: My watch said 50:50. It's a 1.2 mile swim. I should have done better, but did not site well at all. First two bouys were fine, but after that I'd be so far left of the bouys that I think I was in Democratic Headquarters. I joked to another woman who had the same problem that I just thought I'd check out the real estate on the other shore. Felt okay about the swim, but not happy with my time. DID NOT PANIC!! I did get really freaked by getting swam over, kicked, and punched at the beginning, which is part of the reason I left the pack. Did good: Not stopping to site, but maybe I should have. Should improve: Siting.

T1: Pretty fast. Wetsuit came off really fast. Decided not to wear bike shirt. Good call. It got hot.

Bike: I think I did about a 3:30 bike, which is an average of 16 mph. I rocked on the bike for the first 49 or so miles. I was SO proud of myself!! The last 7 bit, though. I had bad butt pain (lower back, due to knot in my piriformis) from mile one and by mile 50 I was hurtin' BAD! Ended up even having to walk up one hill, which gave my butt a bit of a break. I was most nervous about the bike, so I'm very proud of my performance. Top speed: 30 MPH. :D Did good: Staying in the big ring to take advantage of the down hills and flats. Need work on: uphills...more hill work next year

T2: FAST!!! Maybe just over 1 minute because they "catch" your bike. You ride in and they have someone assigned to grab your bike. They have another person holding a bag. You dump your helmet, shoes, and gloves into the bag. Someone else hands you your bag that has your running gear in it. Threw everything on and headed the wrong direction because I am a dork. Turned around, told Roy I loved him, headed out for the half marathon run.

Run: GREAT! I did the run in 2:18, which is an average 10.6 minute miles. Pretty damn good for just having swam 1.2 and biked 56, if I do say so myself. My legs felt as good on the run as they would normally. I would have had about a 2:10 if I hadn't come across someone limping really badly. When I saw he had "15" on his leg, I had to stop and make sure he was okay (our age is on our legs). His poor feet were SO swollen. I walked with him for about a mile and got him laughing (he had been crying), told him that he'd lose a few toenails, but chicks dig guys with no toenails. Made him promise that this would be his WORST half IM, but not his LAST...and to tell his parents I said he needed new shoes. (He'd been telling them he needed new shoes, but they insisted he just needed to break them in.) Everyone I passed who was cheering after that I told to cheer EXTRA for him because he needed it. I passed one of his teammates (he was doing relay) and told him he was really hurting, so he hurried out to find him and walk him in. Poor kid! He was a NICE kid too. Did well on: pacing, didn't need to walk (although did through water stations to replace sponges and drink without inhaling it). Need to improve: Hmmm...nothing really, run is my strongest sport. Would have liked a better time, but that's about my average half marathon time anyhow.

Had only one negative experience. The last guy, number 158, passed me as I was going back in. I smiled at him and nodded, and started to say something and he just yelled, "Just SHUT UP!" I am sorry that you're in last place, but don't take it out on others. That's just NOT the attitude to have.

Came in and the clock said 6:54:50 so my time must be 6:49 something (men went off 5 minutes before us). Most of my training group was there to cheer me in. Cheryl (my coach) told me I looked fantastic and was surprised at my time. I missed a few trainings and I think she thought I was undertrained. She doesn't know me very well.

I do think I was slightly undertrained on the bike. I did miss our two longest rides, and didn't make up the entire distance, figuring if I could run 2 marathons back to back, I could bike 56 miles. I know next year I need to do at least two or three 70+ mile rides. That way the severe pain can set in at mile 60 rather than 49, and by then I'll be done.

Did you see that? I just said next year. I'm insane.

Roy was, of course, awesome! He was my official photographer. It's such a pleasure knowing he's out there. So many women were there alone.

Great race, beautiful course, the bike was TOUGH but a good kind of tough. Swim was delightful (I saw osprey) and the run was awesome. I'd totally do it again.

  • 1h 00m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 15m /Mi

  • 56m 47s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi

I am not very good at tapering.

I went to the All Comers Track and Field Meet today and was late. Because of the rain they whipped through the events so my two were DONE when I got there! Dang! So I decided to stay for the 10k. It was me and THREE HIGH SCHOOL TRACK KIDS! freaking way. I tell Roy "No, I'll just run home. This would be too embarrassing." So they come over to me and BEG me to run with them. I joked that they would pass me 17 times and would need to mock me and it would hurt my self esteem. They promised not to I said I'd run.

They passed me SIX TIMES! OMG the humiliation! But you know what, I do believe this was my fastest 10k yet. Lemme check...

Nope, the Dawg Dash was faster. Close, though! Ran in my new Gel Eveolutions, they felt good.

Sweet thing was, the boys came out and ran the last six laps with me. Isnt' that sweet? Nice kids! So while it was embarrassing, it was also really nice and I'm glad I did it.

It was a rainy, icky run twenty-six times around the track. I had to type that out because running TWENTY SIX times around a track kind of sucks. Running TWENTY SIX times around a track in the rain, sucks donkeys. Running TWENTY SIX TIMES around a track in the rain alone as the very last person sucks donkeys runny noses. was a good experience. My cheer section was awesome. Every lap I'd run by Roy and he'd do something new...he did the wave, he held up his cell phone and did the waving it in the air (it was dark by this point), he did cheers. It was SO cute. Every time the boys passed me they told me I was doing great. Every time I passed the girls who were timing they told me great job. I just listened to my podcast and marveled at how good it felt and how relatively fast I was going. I'm really glad I did it...even though I had a single spectator and came in dead last. LOL!

I had three awesome experiences today! First I went into Wamu to deposit some checks into my business account. Aside...I really REALLY like the people at Wamu. They have never been anything but the NICEST people to do business with. Anyhow, one lady was helping me and another was standing behind her and she noticed my business name and asked if I was a personal trainer. I said I was and we got to talking and she told me she'd love to hire me with a group of friends to do either a circuit training class (I have happened to have taught that before when our aerobics trainer didn't show a few times) or a walking class!

Then I was heading into Haggen and I saw a friend I RARELY see who is just the MOST awesome person in the world, Angie Cartmill. She told me that she'd been hearing from Janis about how great my 5k class is and she asked me to send her some flyers through inter-office mail because she knows her staff would be interested in a program after school! How perfect would that be?

Then I went into Run26 to check up on them coming to do a shoe seminar for me and they were SO nice. The guy who helped me moved my name to the top of the list of calls to return (boss has been on vacation) and they put out my miniature flyers I created. He said they have a lot of people who come in who want to run longer distances and he's sure there would be interest.

Of course nothing could come of any of it, but what a nice boost for my confidence! It was like I could hear myself talking like a professional person with a brain and part of me was like "Hee heee heeee! This is so cool!"

Someday I'll grow up I suppose...

teechur's Training Log

 August 2008 
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
  • July's totals
  • June's totals
  • 2009 totals
  • 2008 totals