Run #1
  • 15m 54s
  • 1.90 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

3k at the track meet. Not last in this one, either. They messed up the counting of laps, which was funny. I knew I hadn't been lapped by a lady who finished just ahead of me, but my counter wasn't counting (and neither was I) so rather than stop, I kept going. When they realized I should have been done, someone ran across the field to tell me and I said "No problem, I'll just finish the lap." They ran back and one of the timers said to Roy "Does she know she can stop running?" He said, "Oh, she does that. If you don't tell her to stop, she'll run forever." Ha! So my "official" time was 13:58. But honestly I think the lady in front of me was shy a lap. I think I was right because of the distance.

Oh well! It was fun. I won't get to do next week, but for sure I'll do all the ones next year!

Run #2
  • 07m 48s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 07m 48s /Mi

Jogger's Mile and I won a shirt! You tell them what you think your finishing time will be for a 1600, and if you're within 3 seconds, you win a shirt. I predicted 7:50 because last week I was 7:41 and my 800 time was slower than last week. I finished in 7:48! Not last on this one!

Run #3
  • 03m 58s
  • 0.50 miles
  • 07m 56s /Mi

800 race. I was last...pffft. But oh well, still a fantastic pace for me. Plus I don't think anyone else did a 70.3 on Sunday.

Run #4
  • 41m 10s
  • 4.07 miles
  • 10m 07s /Mi

Ran nice and slow because I knew I had the track meet tonight.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 02m 37s /100 yards

Long slow swim (LSS). Just fishing around at the pool. One thing that was semi-frustrating was that they were having swim lessons. This pool has three pools (a kiddie pool, med pool, and a big 12ft deep pool). It was open for lap swim, and often there are also lessons going on in the middle pool and one or two lanes of the big pool, but this time they were going on crosswise (the short way) across the big pool, so I'd have to turn before getting to the wall. Irritating because you do pay to do lap swim and, I feel, there should be at least a few lanes open for lap swimming if they're advertising and taking your money for a scheduled lap swim.

But oh well! Roy joined me and swam for about 20 minutes. He told me later he couldn't believe how tired he was after the swim. Yup! It does tend to wear you at first because, I think, new swimmers don't breathe right and are so tense about being in the water. I gave him some drills to do just to get used to swimming (breathing drills at first, some kick drills). He's very very trepiditious about swimming, but I'm proud that he's trying.

Bike
  • 1h 13m 50s
  • 17.36 miles
  • 14.11 Mi/hr

Biked from Everett Mall to Alderwood Mall. Actually felt pretty darn good! I had a massage after and he worked me over REALLY HARD. My night run felt a zillion times better.

Run #1
  • 45m 24s
  • 3.35 miles
  • 13m 33s /Mi

Coaching with run/walk intervals. I love coaching! I really hope that I can make a go of all this long term. It's just so fun to meet new people and help them achieve their goals!

Run #2
  • 53m 05s
  • 5.06 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

Man my legs felt tired this morning! This was a challenging run! I guess it's just delayed onset soreness.

Run
  • 40m 50s
  • 4.10 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

Just an easy run this morning. legs feel surprisingly good!

Swim
  • 53m 50s
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 02m 20s /100 yards

Just a guestimate on the distance. I know it was over a mile because the regular route is a mile and I swam from the boat launch to the start, and then of course I got completely off course again...a lot. But I did sing a lot of show tunes on the swim.

Felt pretty darn good. Tired towards the end, but not "Oh my God I can't swim another stroke" tired. Just tired.

Bike
  • 3h 32m 59s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 15.78 Mi/hr
Run
  • 2h 20m 33s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 10m 44s /Mi
Swim
  • 50m 58s
  • 2112.00 yards
  • 02m 25s /100 yards

Finished the Ironman 70.3 (yes, I know that's not a FULL ironman so I am therefor NOT an Ironman...trust me, some wench already felt the need to point that out to me on another message board...thanks for that, bitch) in 6:49:21.

Race report to come, but here's a short recap:

Swim: My watch said 50:50. It's a 1.2 mile swim. I should have done better, but did not site well at all. First two bouys were fine, but after that I'd be so far left of the bouys that I think I was in Democratic Headquarters. I joked to another woman who had the same problem that I just thought I'd check out the real estate on the other shore. Felt okay about the swim, but not happy with my time. DID NOT PANIC!! I did get really freaked by getting swam over, kicked, and punched at the beginning, which is part of the reason I left the pack. Did good: Not stopping to site, but maybe I should have. Should improve: Siting.

T1: Pretty fast. Wetsuit came off really fast. Decided not to wear bike shirt. Good call. It got hot.

Bike: I think I did about a 3:30 bike, which is an average of 16 mph. I rocked on the bike for the first 49 or so miles. I was SO proud of myself!! The last 7 bit, though. I had bad butt pain (lower back, due to knot in my piriformis) from mile one and by mile 50 I was hurtin' BAD! Ended up even having to walk up one hill, which gave my butt a bit of a break. I was most nervous about the bike, so I'm very proud of my performance. Top speed: 30 MPH. :D Did good: Staying in the big ring to take advantage of the down hills and flats. Need work on: uphills...more hill work next year

T2: FAST!!! Maybe just over 1 minute because they "catch" your bike. You ride in and they have someone assigned to grab your bike. They have another person holding a bag. You dump your helmet, shoes, and gloves into the bag. Someone else hands you your bag that has your running gear in it. Threw everything on and headed out...in the wrong direction because I am a dork. Turned around, told Roy I loved him, headed out for the half marathon run.

Run: GREAT! I did the run in 2:18, which is an average 10.6 minute miles. Pretty damn good for just having swam 1.2 and biked 56, if I do say so myself. My legs felt as good on the run as they would normally. I would have had about a 2:10 if I hadn't come across someone limping really badly. When I saw he had "15" on his leg, I had to stop and make sure he was okay (our age is on our legs). His poor feet were SO swollen. I walked with him for about a mile and got him laughing (he had been crying), told him that he'd lose a few toenails, but chicks dig guys with no toenails. Made him promise that this would be his WORST half IM, but not his LAST...and to tell his parents I said he needed new shoes. (He'd been telling them he needed new shoes, but they insisted he just needed to break them in.) Everyone I passed who was cheering after that I told to cheer EXTRA for him because he needed it. I passed one of his teammates (he was doing relay) and told him he was really hurting, so he hurried out to find him and walk him in. Poor kid! He was a NICE kid too. Did well on: pacing, didn't need to walk (although did through water stations to replace sponges and drink without inhaling it). Need to improve: Hmmm...nothing really, run is my strongest sport. Would have liked a better time, but that's about my average half marathon time anyhow.

Had only one negative experience. The last guy, number 158, passed me as I was going back in. I smiled at him and nodded, and started to say something and he just yelled, "Just SHUT UP!" I am sorry that you're in last place, but don't take it out on others. That's just NOT the attitude to have.

Came in and the clock said 6:54:50 so my time must be 6:49 something (men went off 5 minutes before us). Most of my training group was there to cheer me in. Cheryl (my coach) told me I looked fantastic and was surprised at my time. I missed a few trainings and I think she thought I was undertrained. She doesn't know me very well.

I do think I was slightly undertrained on the bike. I did miss our two longest rides, and didn't make up the entire distance, figuring if I could run 2 marathons back to back, I could bike 56 miles. I know next year I need to do at least two or three 70+ mile rides. That way the severe pain can set in at mile 60 rather than 49, and by then I'll be done.

Did you see that? I just said next year. I'm insane.

Roy was, of course, awesome! He was my official photographer. It's such a pleasure knowing he's out there. So many women were there alone.

Great race, beautiful course, the bike was TOUGH but a good kind of tough. Swim was delightful (I saw osprey) and the run was awesome. I'd totally do it again.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 15m /Mi

teechur's Training Log

August 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30