Rest day! I did get TONS done, though. My new Podcast is recorded and up. I screwed up the XML file so spent HOURS recreating it from scratch. (Somehow word added all these tags when I opened it in Word...so now I have a direction sheet that specifically says to open in Dreamweaver ONLY.) I created a mobile website for my business (www.journey-fitness.com/mobile and got all caught up with client stuff. Woo hoo! Seems like I did a few other things, too!
Run
  • 3h 58m 57s
  • 20.24 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

Lovely long run with Linda and Laura! We met at Madison Park and ran out to Seward. Ran about Seward 2.5 times, then back. After the run we ate at a little Italian cafe and sat in the sun. I had hummus and pita since it was SO good on one of my other long runs.

Run
  • 35m
  • 2.22 miles
  • -----

Walked to the Verizon Store with Roy to pick up a new phone for him. (HIs went swimming.) While we were there I was told MY phone could be upgraded too, and I had a $50 credit. So now I have a crackberry. His name is Obi Phone Kenobi. Don't tell Chuck Norris. He will cry. Of course then his tears will cure cancer, so maybe that's a good thing.

Swim
  • 50m 12s
  • 2125.00 yards
  • 02m 22s /100 yards

Lappity lap swim! It's fun swimming with the swim team. It feels like swimming in triathlons because you get SO much churning water.

Run
  • 42m 13s
  • 4.20 miles
  • 10m 03s /Mi

Dropped the van off with Roy then went to the gyno for my yearly feelup. I was worried about my BP, but even with having run 2.5 miles it was 90/60 (she had to take it twice because it was so low she didn't think she caught it the first time). HR was 50. I also got a bye on my fasting blood test because, as Dr. H said, "Your cholesterol is ridiculously low!" I did have my blood draw for ferritan and iron to see if I'm anemic again. I am. I can tell.

It's nice and warm out and I wanted to run more, but I was STARVING! Oh wells.

Swim
  • 50m 17s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m 47s /100 yards
Took the day off from running since I have a 20 miler coming up and my ankle is tweaking. This weekend is going to be our practice run for Chicago. I think it's our longest until the big day (although I may run the Bellingham Marathon). Saw Shrek, The Musical for the second time. AWESOMENESS in a green package! LOVED IT! It is SO much tighter than it was when we saw it before.

Run
  • 1h 25m
  • 8.10 miles
  • 10m 29s /Mi

My client canceled so Roy and I went out (him on bike) for a meandering "as much as I feel like" run. Ended up doing eight miles and stopping for dinner on the way home. It was nice! What a beautiful day.

Sport
  • Group Power
  • 45m

It was actually two Netflix DVDs. The first one lasted all of 15 minutes. It was some Self Cardio Power Advanced Workout. Advanced if you're an ameoba, I guess. After 15 minutes of watching Stepford Triplets prance around in front of the ocean I stomped into the office (my computer runs the TV in the studio) grumbling "I hate these girly mamby pamby workouts!" Loaded up a Jillian Michaels workout and went back in. Now THAT is a workout! She's mean and the moves are combined and painful, but in a good way! When I finished I felt like I'd really worked. I came out of the studio and Roy says, "I think she came out of the TV in here and slapped me a few times!" He was doing Wii Fit in the livingroom. Hee hee.

Run
  • 54m 01s
  • 5.01 miles
  • 10m 47s /Mi

Chilly run in the dark this morning. It said it was 51 but it felt colder. It was, however, very beautiful. The sky was clear and I could see the stars twinkling above. My ankles are bothering me a little bit, so hoping that isn't going to turn into an issue.

teechur's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals