Run #1
  • 41m
  • 3.90 miles
  • 10m 31s /Mi

Went out to the Interurban Trail and ran for about 4 miles before my massage. The massage lady was mean! She HURT ME!

So my mother lost her job today. I called it! She was complaining about the job the FIRST DAY and of course they all hated her and were unreasonable. You know it's interesting. Every single job she's ever had, ever, no one liked her. Huh. That's funny how she just ends up with really horrible people every single time!

Run #2
  • 1h 04m
  • 5.80 miles
  • 11m 02s /Mi

Challenging run with Dash. He's never run in the dark and at first, he was skittish about everything. Then he wanted to run in the street. AUGH! Finally think he figured it out, but it made for a slower run. The run felt relatively good, although the Jillian Michaels workout I did the other day had my glutes and hammies screaming at first.

Plan is another run after work to make up for such low mileage this week.

Swim
  • 48m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m 40s /100 yards

Nice swim! Monday I was a little perturbed when, upon arriving at the pool at about 5:15, I was told they don’t officially open until 5:30 then scolded not to get into the water until a life guard was on deck. (To which I replied, while standing ON the solid ground, “Of course I wouldn’t get into the water when there wasn’t a lifeguard. I assumed that.”) The thing is, we were arriving at 5:30 only to find up to 5 people already well into a swim. So the assumption was they opened earlier. Not only that, I was one of THREE people, two of whom were already at the edge of the pool starting to get in, so was NOT happy to be singled out. (I was the only woman.)

But oh well. She was “nice” but in the way you’re nice to someone who is obviously stupid, so you have to speak slowly nice.

Today when I arrived Jaci told me that it was fine if we arrived at 5:15…”Feel free!” and then she said she wanted to get my Wellness Wednesdays going! Wahoo! So starting very soon, I am hoping the track will be open on Wednesday nights for people who are interested in coming out for an hour to walk, run, etc. in a safe environment. How nice is that? Go Jaci!

Got a decent swim in, too!

Oh, and I also got a call today from Healthy Communities asking me to volunteer on the Active Spaces committee, and an email from the Parks Dept. from the Athletic Director who wants to work with me on teaching running courses for the city. AND when I got home Joy Bauer (of Today Show fame) had emailed me telling me that Roy and I made a two page spread in her next book, and she’d like us to attend some parties in January. Not sure if THAT is doable, but very very cool!

Run
  • 49m 33s
  • 3.28 miles
  • 15m 07s /Mi
Since my good friend, Leslie, asked...here's a link to the story. It is SO badly written, but oh well. Any publicity is good publicity, right? http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/north_sound/mar/lifestyle/27908899.html

Sport
  • Crossfit
  • 55m

First I did Jillian Michael's Back workout. Day-um! Hard core, but GOOD! Then I did the Crunch Boot Camp. Not QUITE as hard core, but still pretty good. I need more JM DVDs. She makes me cry...in a good way. (Can I have her abs, please? I'd be willing to work for them. Srsly. With all my extra skin, I will never look that good. Pffft. Stupid fat.)

Run
  • 52m 14s
  • 5.03 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

Not sure WHY I was so slow today except I did have to wait for HOURS at cross walks. Literally hours...I think I started running home at 3:30 and hit home about 9:00 p.m. Okay, maybe not.

Decided to run down the main street in town. Shoulda nota done that. Oh well!

An article about me came out in the paper for the second week in a row. Ha! A story so nice, they printed it twice! This time the picture was color and my website wasn't hyphenated! Hey, even if the purpose of the article is long passed (it was supposed to run in early August), it's still free publicity!

Swim
  • 56m 52s
  • 2100.00 yards
  • 02m 43s /100 yards

Rest day! I did get TONS done, though. My new Podcast is recorded and up. I screwed up the XML file so spent HOURS recreating it from scratch. (Somehow word added all these tags when I opened it in Word...so now I have a direction sheet that specifically says to open in Dreamweaver ONLY.) I created a mobile website for my business (www.journey-fitness.com/mobile and got all caught up with client stuff. Woo hoo! Seems like I did a few other things, too!
Run
  • 3h 58m 57s
  • 20.24 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

Lovely long run with Linda and Laura! We met at Madison Park and ran out to Seward. Ran about Seward 2.5 times, then back. After the run we ate at a little Italian cafe and sat in the sun. I had hummus and pita since it was SO good on one of my other long runs.

Run
  • 35m
  • 2.22 miles
  • -----

Walked to the Verizon Store with Roy to pick up a new phone for him. (HIs went swimming.) While we were there I was told MY phone could be upgraded too, and I had a $50 credit. So now I have a crackberry. His name is Obi Phone Kenobi. Don't tell Chuck Norris. He will cry. Of course then his tears will cure cancer, so maybe that's a good thing.

Swim
  • 50m 12s
  • 2125.00 yards
  • 02m 22s /100 yards

Lappity lap swim! It's fun swimming with the swim team. It feels like swimming in triathlons because you get SO much churning water.

teechur's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals