Run #1
  • 33m
  • 3.03 miles
  • 10m 53s /Mi
Run #2
  • 43m
  • 2.75 miles
  • 15m 38s /Mi

Coaching walk with Mollie and Cynthia before we snarfed down some spaghetti!

Swim
  • 50m 51s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m 50s /100 yards

Drills drills drills...sometimes I just HATE drills. It was my first shot at swimming at MPHS and then getting to work on time. Success was not my friend. I was 5 min late. I forgot how hard it is to get out of a high school parking lot. Teenagers act like they are the only ones in the world whether it is walking or driving through a parking lot, and their parents aren't much better.

Saw Jaci and she said my swim stroke has improved immensely. I love that woman! She's a teacher at MPHS and is one of those super motivating types. I was thinking as I swim that I should be like her. She makes everyone feel present and cared for. WWJD?

Strength
  • 45m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Upper and lower body swim focused workout.

Run
  • 1h 05m
  • 3.80 miles
  • 17m 07s /Mi

Walk to work out the kinks in my VERY sore legs. Note to self: One 18 mile run in 2 months is NOT enough prep for a marathon. That is all.

Run
  • 5h 17m 11s
  • 27.05 miles
  • 11m 44s /Mi

Run
  • 1h 05m 03s
  • 6.10 miles
  • 10m 40s /Mi

Why do I feel so bad today? My back is KILLING me! It hasn't been this bad since right before Troika. I have to have assistance getting up (as in holding onto something, not as in calling someone to get me out of the chair) and if I drop something...it's staying. I normally don't run the day before a marathon, but I had to see if that would loosen it. It did, but as soon as I stop it just clenches right back up again. I am SO tired of this. It's maddening!

Stomach bothering me too. Every now and again I have this situation where everything I eat makes me nauseous. Usually I just ignore it. I've dealt with it since Whipplefest 2003, but today it's been particularly bad. I thought I was going to lose it a few times. It's like if you eat a whole lot, really stuff yourself, and your stomach feels so full you want to spew. But it happens after something like a protein bar, or scone. Not enough food to over-fill my stomach by a long shot.

On top of that, headache from HELL!

We did go to the Mamma Mia Singalong, though. That was fun. Roy sang too. Hee hee.

Run
  • 53m
  • 5.33 miles
  • -----
Swim
  • 58m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 02m 38s /100 yards

Good swim today! Did lots of speed drills. I generated a strength program for swimming improvement, so I'm going to start doing that.

Run #1
  • 52m 30s
  • 5.09 miles
  • -----

Ran with Linda at lunch. We had some HELLACIOUS headwinds on the first two miles! In fact, I know we were working really hard and it felt WAY faster.

Run #2
  • 55m
  • 3.16 miles
  • 17m 25s /Mi

Met with Sheba, who is probably going to be taking my running class. Coached her a bit and we talked each others ears off! LOL! Run/walk combination.

Strength
  • 45m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Strength training in the studio in the am. Don't feel like putting in what I did. Suffice to say it was 45 minutes and my arms hurt.

teechur's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals