Run
  • 54m 01s
  • 5.01 miles
  • 10m 47s /Mi

Chilly run in the dark this morning. It said it was 51 but it felt colder. It was, however, very beautiful. The sky was clear and I could see the stars twinkling above. My ankles are bothering me a little bit, so hoping that isn't going to turn into an issue.

Run
  • 28m 20s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

What am amazing day! I had SUCH a great time with my ladies, and I got to see Lisa and TONS of other people I know. I could sit in the middle of Marysville for ten days and not see anyone I know. I got to Seattle for a 5k and I see at least a dozen people, and that's not including the people I brought with me.

Sport
  • Kayaking
  • 1h 00m
Roy and I went out kayaking. Unfortunately on the way back in the wind kicked up something fierce and suddenly ROY COULD PADDLE! He normally lets me do most of the work (he's such a gentleman) but he was getting freaked out because our boat isn't rated for rough water and we were seeing little white caps. Normally, because of the current, if we go out for 30 minutes it takes 45 to come back. Today we turned at 30 minutes and got in at 53 minutes. Someone isn't pulling his weight! It was a beautiful day, though. Roy is so funny when he feels there is the slightest danger. He has a very hard time putting it into perspective. "Roy, we can see the shore right there. See that on the shore? That's a CAR and that there is the city offices, and there is a gas station. We are not going to plunge to certain death. Worst case scenario the boat takes on enough water that we get out and paddle it back to the put in area, which is RIGHT OVER THERE not even 1/10th of a mile." Of course we have our life vests on, the boat has floaty thingies so even if it took on too much water to carry us, it wouldn't sink.

Good part of that, though, is that he agreed that we need "real" kayaks. I told him if I'd realized it would take a little fear to get him to see that, I would have poured water in the kayak months ago. We did get our money's worth, and we did determine it's something we want to keep on doing, though. So it was worth it. He will be so amazed at how much easier those are to handle than the inflatable. (It is, in all fairness, I high-end inflatable intended for calm waters. Nothing wrong with it, but I really wanted to take it out on the sound. We have a put in not a mile from our house that leads out to the slough or out to Puget Sound. The sound is protected there, but the cold water causes "shrinkage" so we learned early on we can't go out to the jetty because of that.)

Run
  • 2h 56m 43s
  • 15.72 miles
  • 11m 14s /Mi

W00T! My first EVER 60+ mile week! Seriously how FREAKING cool is that? I did the marathon Sunday and my long run today, since tomorrow is Iron Girl. I've had a BAD running week, too. I haven't felt good in any run at all until today. Today I woke up feeling like a million bucks! I think, looking back, I might have had some low-grade flu or something.

Not only that but we found our camera. Now explain to me how a camera that we lost before we bought the van was found in the van? Of course we've torn the house apart for DAYS trying to find it. Roy said he wanted to do one last-ditch effort and I said if we couldn't find it, I'd run to Walmart and buy another with my business money because I need pictures of tomorrow's race. He went to take something out to the van and lo and behold, there it is! Freaky!

Run
  • 52m
  • 5.22 miles
  • 09m 58s /Mi

Run to dinner and back. Feeling MUCh better today! Whew!

Swim
  • 45m 37s
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 02m 51s /100 yards

Okay I could have SWORN I swam 1800, but I was definitely on "Phantom of the Opera" which is 1600. I wonder if I miss-sung at some point. Hmm.

Run
  • 43m 20s
  • 3.37 miles
  • 12m 52s /Mi

I think I'm coming down with something. I just do NOT feel good today. I started to run home but had to have Roy pick me up. It isn't my legs. They felt fine after the first half mile. I just have no energy. Not sure if it's school, getting sick, or low iron. I have a dr. appt. next week.

Sorry I've been so absent lately. It is that time of year.

Strength
  • 40m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Did a pretty intense cardio/strength program this morning that I actually really liked. I like combining upper and lower body because it gets my heart pumping and takes less time.

Run #1
  • 33m
  • 3.03 miles
  • 10m 53s /Mi
Run #2
  • 43m
  • 2.75 miles
  • 15m 38s /Mi

Coaching walk with Mollie and Cynthia before we snarfed down some spaghetti!

Swim
  • 50m 51s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m 50s /100 yards

Drills drills drills...sometimes I just HATE drills. It was my first shot at swimming at MPHS and then getting to work on time. Success was not my friend. I was 5 min late. I forgot how hard it is to get out of a high school parking lot. Teenagers act like they are the only ones in the world whether it is walking or driving through a parking lot, and their parents aren't much better.

Saw Jaci and she said my swim stroke has improved immensely. I love that woman! She's a teacher at MPHS and is one of those super motivating types. I was thinking as I swim that I should be like her. She makes everyone feel present and cared for. WWJD?

Strength
  • 45m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • GENERAL -

Upper and lower body swim focused workout.

teechur's Training Log

September 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals