Run
  • 34m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 56s /Mi

Took a few minutes to walk at one point while fixing something, so it was slow. Bah! I happened to run in the ONLY sunbreak we had all day and it was glorious!

Run
  • 51m
  • 4.85 miles
  • 10m 31s /Mi

Super windy and SUPER DUPER SLOW! What up wid dat? I was walking and on the phone for the first part, though.

Zumba tonight!

Swim
  • 50m 04s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 02m 30s /100 yards

Holy CRAP I was fast (for me) today! Srsly! I am so proud of myself. I got to lead the slower swim lane, which may seem like no big deal to some, but it was to me. Not because I was faster than others, but because I held my own. We did 10x50/1:30 and I hit under 1:00 on every one but my last two, and those were 1:03 and 1:02. Again, I know that is not fast, but for ME that is very fast. Rarely have I hit under a 1:00 50, ever. To be able to maintain it for 8 laps in a row made me very happy. :)

Sport
  • Zumba
  • 1h 00m

Holy crap that was the most fun I've had with my clothes on in a long time...and in fact the clothes DID start to come off. I can't wait to go back!

Run
  • 37m 19s
  • 3.65 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi
Sport
  • Wii Fit
  • 45m

Did a Wii Fit workout with clients. Good times!

Run
  • 3h 02m
  • 15.02 miles
  • 12m 07s /Mi

One of the nicest long runs I've had, alone, in a very long time. I wasn't sure I'd feel the running love. My legs have been kind of leaden lately, and of course running after work is always a challenge.

Should I do Mercer this weekend? I sure want to. It's a birthday tradition, but money is SO tight right now. If I get paid by the city this week, I will fer sure.

Run
  • 40m 23s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 10m 04s /Mi

Good but COLD run!

Swim
  • 58m 05s
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 02m 32s /100 yards

Wow! This is the first time since I started Masters swim that I just went to the pool and SWAM back and forth. I did a few drills, but really just focused on different parts while swimming. This is faster than I used to swim, so it's obviously helping.

Good news! Today is Asshole Day! Our first reveler was in the third lane. There was a water walker in one lane, two swimmers in another, and a single swimmer in the third. I got in and stood to the side, he just flipped and kept swimming. Um, okay. Lap two of him ignoring me he stopped at the end and looked up and I made the "do you want to split" signal, he looked pissed and intentionally swam right down the middle of the lane, once again flipping and ignoring me. So I got in and started swimming and bastard had to get out of my way. When I finished a few laps I noticed he was no longer in the lane with me. He'd gone into the open area. "Fine! If I have to share, I'm going to take my ball and go home!" Good LAWD what a child!

Let's see, then there were two ladies celebrating by taking up the entire hall and not letting me by, stopping in front of the door to talk while I said "Excuse me! I have to get to work." So rather than step aside, they just started sauntering again. ARGH!

Our next event was the woman driving 40 on the freeway with everyone passing at 65, then starting her stop literally 3/4 of the block before the red light on Airport Road. And after work there was the guy who celebrated with mad hand gestures at me as I tried to merge behind him when a road went down to one lane. I think he thought I was getting in his lane, but I wasn't. If my powers of observation are correct he indicated that I should "back off *&@(*!" and that I was a "crazy @#!@($" I believe he may have been an optometrist because he also signaled wildly that I needed glasses, and without even ONCE saying, "Is this better, or is this?" Oh wait, I think the true translation was "Get some **&!(@*!& (*## glasses you ()!#@*&( *(@#&!!@@!!" I wasn't carrying my Babelfish, so that is a loose translation.

Then the cell phone joined in on the festivities by refusing to dial. Roy's voicemail joined in by refusing to beep even though it told me four times to leave a message the beep...no beep commenced. It also hung up on me saying "Goodbye" in the middle of my message. Not wanting to miss the fun, my coat grabbed my arm and when I wrestled to get it free, it let go really fast so my hand sailed into the console jamming my fingernails...owie. And then my gloves hid from me before my run, and the sun, in cahoots with heavy clouds, left the sky so I was freezing.

Wiley is currently celebrating Asshole day by carrying around what is left of Dash' favorite reindeer squeaky toy. All in all, I'd say it's been a GREAT Asshole Day! Too bad I realized too late because I could have been one too!

Run
  • 38m 20s
  • 3.88 miles
  • 09m 53s /Mi

St. Paddys Day Dash in the SNOW!

Run
  • 1h 03m
  • 6.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

Marathon Training!

teechur's Training Log

March 2009