Run
  • 57m 01s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 11s /Mi
Swim
  • 26m 08s
  • 1640.42 yards
  • 01m 36s /100 yards

Race Report is up HERE.  PR by over two minutes in spite of the low RPE.  Thanks again to TriDDS hosting and making the burrito feast happen.  Great to meet MUTRI, Mucktownman, MR2Tony, and see the whoooooole donkey crew.  Fun times gang!

Got home and CRASHED hard for almost four hours...  Hope to get some more sleep here soon so I feel fresh when I haul out and meet JSweat for an a.m. ride.

Rest day.  WOO!!!  Hoping to be on the way to Elkhart Lake around 5 p.m. 
Some of you guys are taking this OWS training stuff a little too seriously.  

FRIDAY, June 8, 2007, 11:17 a.m.
By Linda Spice

Rescuers attempt to pull donkey from well

Sheboygan County officials are attempting this morning to rescue a donkey that fell approximately 15 feet into a well.

A veterinarian on the scene in the N7000 block of Highway E in the Town of Plymouth requested assistance about 10:14 a.m. from the Plymouth Fire Department to help rescue the animal from the old well.

Sheriff's Sgt. Blaine Spicer said authorities on the scene do not know the extent of injuries to the animal but suspect it might have broken legs.

"We won't be able to tell until we get it out of there," Spicer said.

Bike
  • 47m 55s
  • 15.10 miles
  • 18.91 Mi/hr

Road bike. Headed out into the windy conditions and felt great on the bike so went a little longer than planned. Legs had some snap back in them for the first time since Sunday's all out effort. Didn't wear the HRM but solid ride based on percieved effort. Hit Beach Road hill twice. First time down there were two good size deer standing at the mild curve at the bottom where I usually get up to 34 mph. Had to haul it down to see which direction they would decide to go...

Run
  • 28m
  • 3.15 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

BRICK! Estimated time. Felt good but hungry. Again no HRM but moderately pushed it.

Swim
  • 1h 02m
  • 3100.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

800 free, B3, focus on smooth long strokes
2x400 free 30s rest
1-hard pace 75%
2-pulling, maximizing distance per stroke
3x100 on 10s rest
200 build
6x50 broken 15s rest
25 hard
25 easy
200 start at sprint pace decreasing
2x100 on 2:05
300 cd

Felt okay in the pool but not great. Couldn't help but think it would be nice to have the floatation of a wet suit...

Got up and out the door as planned this morning that's good.  I predict a frustrating day of work ahead though.

On deck tonight: 30m bike 30m run brick.

I stopped tracking my eats for a while, but I gotta admit I was eating like crap a bit in there.  So I'm going to track it again.

Run
  • 22m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 08m 48s /Mi

WU. Sprint one block, easy run one block, 5X, jog back.

Craptastic. Morning snafu got me to the Y late. Then felt like I weighed 300 lbs when running. Hip feels fine today but felt low on energy overall. Forgot the HRM. Time is based on the bank clock by the Y. Awesome.

Atl_runner has opened our mentor group up to two additional members.  Anyone interested?  Good group going with all levels of athletes.  Atl is a level I USAT coach and a great resource, not to mention he is doing IMMooo too!  Check out the group HERE!

45 minute bike on deck tonight.  It is 8:30 and I just got home from a networking event that my boss pressured me into going to.  Tired and don't want to get done working out after 9 so I'm bailing on the bike workout and going to make some dinner.  Very frustrating day.  My consolation is that I had a very productive day at the office.  And I needed one. 

Bike
  • 1h 01m 16s
  • 18.60 miles
  • 18.22 Mi/hr

POEM!!!!!!

Road bike. Had a hard time keeping the HR up where I wanted it. Legs feeling a bit dead, and hip is sore this morning again, bothering me a bit.

So I was thinkin' about yesterday's run.  Almost the whole time I was focused on my posture.  Could it be that this is why my HR was lower than usual?  I need to focus on this to help increase my running efficiency.  Gotta believe that solidifying my run form will provide a huge payoff when it comes to Iron Distance.   HR didn't want to get up on the bike this a.m. either, which I wrote off to tired legs.  Could it be related to Sunday's all out effort at Lake Mills?  Any experts care to comment?

I made a blog with pictures of the apartment which is for rent and has been taking up so much of my time:  http://4477nwoodburn.blogspot.com/  Tell your friends who are neat and quiet triathletes!

Run
  • 51m 22s
  • 5.67 miles
  • 09m 04s /Mi

Cruisin, felt great. Supposed to be Z2 but turned out to be Z1. Is that possible? I just ran 5.6 miles at just over 9mm and was Z1? As evidenced by yesterday's race results and this run I am definately getting fitter!!!

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2400.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

3x500 build
400 pull
100 l arm
100 r arm
300 cd

Blech. Felt sloppy and powerless in the water. I spent much of the time thinking I'd rather be running.

Happy Monday.

I was in bed and sorta asleep at 9:30 last night.  That's sooper early.  Woke up at 7:30 this a.m. with a headache.  Took two 200mg ibuprophen and still have a little bit lingering.  Still plan on swimming over lunch and running tonight.

The high from yesterday's race is still in effect.  Sooo much fun.

Bike
  • 39m 26s
  • 15.00 miles
  • 22.82 Mi/hr
Run
  • 23m 58s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 42s /Mi
Swim
  • 07m 18s
  • 440.00 yards
  • 01m 40s /100 yards

Had an absolute BLAST at Lake Mills today.  Race Report is HERE.

Came home after the race and it started POURING.  So, took a shower, and went to the LBS.  It cleared up later so I traied to get out on the bike for at least a portion of the 3.5 hr ride scheduled for today and it wasn't happening.  HR wouldn't get over 130, legs were tired, so called it after 13 miles and 45 minutes.  Going to plug that into yesterday's training log....  This week I did a horrible job at following my training plan.  Bailed on a 60m swim Monday due to real world responsibilities.  Bailed on a 75m run Thursday because my body told me to.  Used all the time I had yesterday to spend an hour practicing transitions rather than 30m followed by 30m run.  Today's 3.5 hour bike turned into .75.  I hereby promise to myself that I will follow the program this coming week.

--------------------------------
I declare today Race Day and present the legendary Pace Booty (and look at those amazing legs!)!

PeterAK's Training Log

June 2007 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals