Heading up to Green Bay today.  Going to do a bike ride there before checking in and going to the pasta dinner.  See some of you Donkai tomorrow!

Run
  • 45m
  • 4.10 miles
  • 10m 59s /Mi

Pooey. Felt great until about 27 minutes in when I contemplated puking. Walked the rest. I blame the Power Gel of unknown vintage I took before running. That's what I get for doing a morning workout! But, I'm done for the day so I don't have to leave the office at lunch and can chillax tonight.

Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 23.00 miles
  • 16.24 Mi/hr

Est dist. Gotta get new batteries for the computer on the tri bike.

So, haven't put many miles on the tri bike this season. Definitely need to put more on--this was not a very solid ride!

Went to see the ART guy again today.  Totally happy with the results.  Feel  awesome.

Run
  • 36m 22s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

Treddy with .5% incline. Pain free. Nice and relaxed. Awesome.

Swim
  • 10m 30s
  • 600.00 yards
  • 01m 45s /100 yards

Short on time as I wanted to make the run a priority. Focused on a smooth, long stroke with good forearm positioning.

Swim and run at lunch today.

Bike
  • 1h 38m
  • 30.20 miles
  • 18.49 Mi/hr

Tri Wis Lannon ride. Good times. Stopped with a new guy when he got a flat so there was a good 10-15 minute break about 20 miles in.

Run
  • 10m
  • 1.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

Brickage. Felt good.

Wow.  Totally impressed with Active Release Therapy.  In just over an hour I feel sooo much better.  Most of the time was spent with diagnosis and then we did some active release stuff and finally some exercises.  My hips and shoulders feel like they are aligned--tho before treatment they didn't feel out of line.  I've got a bunch of stuff going on with alignment and had some tendons/ligaments/muscles that were binding.  By getting a start on releasing that stuff we are on our way.  Confirmed that the shin splints were the symptem of a problem elsewhere in the body.  Going to go back to see him two more times and he gave me daily exercises to do as well.

I'm a skeptic of all things other than traditional medicine and massage.  Never seen a chiropractor.  Never considered anything like this before.  The real test will be how I feel a month from now so I'll reserve judgment for then.  But for now I'm impressed.

Oh, and I'm clear to run.  May try to do a short brick tonight after the Lannon ride.  Will likely go to Green Bay and do the half mary as an easy long run so long as I stay pain free.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 01m 48s /100 yards

Lunchtime swim.
5x500 20s rest

Felt good but not sooper energetic or clean in the water today.

Howdy gang.  Fun weekend.  Drove up to Sault Ste. Marie Friday night, stayed with Lori's great aunt in Michigan about a mile from the crossing into Canada.  Had breakfast with her on Saturday morning, headed over to Canada, eh, for a wedding and reception, then back across the border late Saturday night.  Had to limit my intake of good Canadian beer, eh, so I wouldn't get hassled at the border.  More time hanging with family Sunday morning and then back in the car to head home.  Mowed the lawn for the first time this year (way overdue) last night.  Love the smell of fresh cut grass.

Going to do an easy bike and/or walk tonight.  Going to see the ART guy tomorrow to get help with my shin.  I had some ache type pain just sitting in the car yesterday.  This concerns me.  At this point I'm expecting to bail on the GB half mary this weekend.  Bummer.

PeterAK's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals