• 2350.00 yards
  • 01m 44s /100 yards

WU:
4x50
Main:
CD:
100 kick
250 easy

Lunchy schimmy, as my friend David Jesse Raphael would say.

Headed to Sault Ste. Marie this afternoon for a wedding tomorrow.  There is a chance I'll swim before we leave but not sure I'll have time.  Not taking bikes and I can't run so it is looking like a nice rest weekend.

I've got a purchase closing this afternoon that I have been working on since February.  I will party down when I can finally stop thinking about this deal!  Fortunately I like the client and realtor I am working with so that has made it easier to take.

Bike
  • 2h 28m
  • 43.70 miles
  • 17.72 Mi/hr

Started off with the Tri Wisconsin ride from the north shore Wheel and Sprocket and went a bit further. Fantastic early summer night. Included a pit stop at Baskin Robbins for a sugar cone of Baseball Nut ice cream:

A summer favorite since 1961, this homerun combines Vanilla-flavored ice cream loaded with cashews and a black raspberry ribbon.

Well hello there campers!  Yes, another busy day at work here.  This morning I did manage to get a card in the mail to my mom for mothers day.  Plan to do the Tri Wisconsin north shore ride tonight.  Only concern is that I may get stuck in the office, in which case I'll do a solo ride a little bit later.

Made an appointment with an active release therapist for next week.  Going to get some help with the shin splints and also with some pain I've got in the joints of my big toes.  I suspect that most of my issues are a result of being lazy in the off season and then jumping in full force.  Looking forward to getting some advice on how to deal with this stuff most effectively.  Going to see Steve Wittemann at Pro Release.  He has a nice alphabet soup after his name, but more importantly, sgoehner highly recommended him.

Have a fantastic day, m'kay?

Sport
  • Walking
  • 25m

Went for a walk so at least I had some activity today.

In a seminar most of the day today.  Not sure if I'll get a workout in.

In the first hour of the seminar it was clear that it wasn't going to be useful so I bailed and came to the office.  Been stressing out much of the day.  I do hope that someday I can retire and live a life of luxury without the stress of work!

Bike
  • 1h 52m 47s
  • 37.47 miles
  • 19.93 Mi/hr

Hammerfest! So. Much. Fun. Rides like this make me want to be a roadie. This course has some good hills in it. Nothing sooper long or brutally steep, but there are quite a few and they are spread throughout the route. Hung on with the front group and had a blast.

We hit 35.5 miles at 1:45 so we were over 20 for the average before cooling down.

Busy day of work will be followed by the Tri Wis Lannon group ride.

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.25 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

Est. time and distance. Ran short from the Y after swimming. Shin splint acted up a bit. Other than that, it actually felt great to run. Going to continue to lay off the run with hopes of still being able to do the Green Bay half mary on the 17th.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2400.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

WU: 6x100
Main: 3x500 steady
CD: 2x150 pull

Felt pretty dang good in the water.

What a day so far...  Sooper busy.  It is 1:47 p.m. and I am finally eating lunch.  That lunchtime swim ain't gonna happen.  Run tonight, maybe a trip to the pool too but not sure I'll be able to squeeze it in.

Bike
  • 1h 57m
  • 32.75 miles
  • 16.79 Mi/hr

FANTASTIC day for a ride. A bit warmer than yesterday, sun is out, a bit of wind but not horrible.

And that makes it a 100 mile weekend!

Bike
  • 2h 37m
  • 43.50 miles
  • 16.62 Mi/hr

Woot! IMWI course with the BT gang. Good times.

It is 11:30 p.m. and I just got up from a four hour nap...  I'm not good at getting up before 5:30 a.m.  Had beers at the UW terrace after riding and by the time I got home from that I wanted nothing more than to sleep.  Now I have to figure out what my best strategy to stay on a normal sleep schedule is.  Great to see everyone today.

PeterAK's Training Log

May 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals