Run
  • 32m
  • 3.50 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

Lunchtime easy run. Felt okay but not too energetic. Toasty warm!

Stopped at Trader Joe's last night to stock up with good food.  Dinner was salmon and pasta with fresh veggies.  This a.m., granola with blueberries, blackberries, and organic yogurt.  Trader Joe's is great.

Spent an hour and a half polishing up the road bike last night.  Cleaned off the bugs smooshed on the front end from it's ride on the roof rack a few weeks ago, cleaned and lubed the drive train, and cleaned and put on the 12-27 in prep for HHH.  Clean bikes are pretty.

Going to replace the bar tape in the next couple weeks.  Already have black and blue options.  Do I go black, or go blue and then replace the tires with blue ones when they get retired this summer?  Raw aluminum and carbon bike.  Discuss.

Swim
  • 23m
  • 1150.00 yards
  • 02m /100 yards

I swam. And was hungry the whole time.

New focus for PeterAK: Eating plenty of good food.

Bike
  • 1h 46m
  • 30.20 miles
  • 17.09 Mi/hr

Ugh! No power. No energy. Straight up bonked about 20 miles in.

Low on calories I think.

Run
  • 27m 11s
  • 3.06 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi

P.O.E.M.! Nice easy cruiser to get back in the swing of running. Going to slowly ramp the mileage up. You won't see any 10 milers here for a while. Gotta do what I can to keep the shins happy.

Had a headache at the end of the day yesterday so no evening workout.  Took a nap instead.  I think my body needed it.

Tri Wis Lannon ride and pasta feed tonight!

Hello.  Plan to hit up the Pewaukee open water swim tonight.  Or, I may head home and do a short run.  Shins are feeling good so need get back to slowly building run miles.

Bike
  • 3h 31m
  • 62.20 miles
  • 17.69 Mi/hr

To wrap up the four days of biking fun I did a long road ride today. Headed out with Lori and a bud from the tri club. Up through Thiensville and then over to Port Washington. In Port, Lori got a flat. No problem, she has one of those cans of fix-a-flat for bikes, as she has tubies on her bike. It worked for shit. So, left her at McDonalds, and headed for home.

Great ride. Nothing too hard for the first 40, but did some good hard pulls in the last 20.

Legs feel used but good. Tomorrow will not involve any biking though!

Bike
  • 2h 45m
  • 25.00 miles
  • 9.09 Mi/hr

Mountain biking at the John Muir trails in Kettle Morraine. Haven't done much mountain biking the last few years, but this was a blast. Trails a bit slick in spots from rain the night before but not bad.

Then camped with some friends and had a blast drinkin' beer, eating brats and burgers, and sitting around the fire.

Bike
  • 2h 19m 30s
  • 40.20 miles
  • 17.29 Mi/hr

Easy ride after work. Legs felt fine after yesterday's crit but the lungs actually took about 10 miles to warm up.

PeterAK's Training Log

June 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30    

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals