Bike
  • 1h 47m 47s
  • 38.40 miles
  • 21.38 Mi/hr

Hot damn, this was a fun ride. Started out with a easy couple miles, which is uncharacteristic for this ride--it's usually go go go from the start. Felt a bit hungry but quickly forgot all about that when the sign sprints started and it went from there. Pace picked up and a group of about 6 of us went off the front. We caught a couple of the faster guys around 20 miles in, and a couple of the original guys dropped off so it was still five of us. A couple times thought about dropping off but every time I considered it the pace eased a little.

Hills on this course are definitely easier than they were earlier in the season. Nice to feel the legs coming around!

Great weekend.  Came back refreshed for sure.  Bonus is this is now a three day work week.

Tri Wis Lannon ride tonight.  Weather is beautiful right now, 50% chance of rain at ride time.  Sure getting my share of rain riding in so far this year!

Run
  • 52m
  • 5.70 miles
  • 09m 07s /Mi

Ran on a beautiful trail in Bayfield.

Bike
  • 5h 55m
  • 100.40 miles
  • 16.97 Mi/hr

Nicely supported ride. Fantastic roads. Hillier than anticipated. Rained about 1/3 of the time. The heavy wheels sure feel heavy!

Great value at only $25!

Hoooray for Friday!  Leaving for a rented cabin on Lake Superior shortly.  Tomorrow, century ride in the a.m. and relaxing in the p.m.  Taking wet suits to get some OWS in too! 

I cleaned my bike last night and found my rear tire was worn through to the chords in a few spots.  Satisfying to know that the miles are stacking up!  Threw on a different wheel set for the weekend, heavier with 700x25's.  They look huge!  Totally looks ready to go off road.  Okay, not that gnarly, but they sure do look big.

I'll be offline until Monday night or Tuesday.  Have a great weekend y'all!
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.36 miles
  • 08m 56s /Mi

Treddy. Threw in three strides.

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 01m 40s /100 yards

I got in the pool and swam for 30 minutes. Highly technical workout, no?

Lunchtime brickage today.

Lori and I just booked a place to stay up nord' for the weekend.  Bummed to be missing the bike racing going on in Milwaukee, but it will be fun to get away.  This is our belated one year anniversary celebration.  Going to stay in a cabin near Ashland.  Saturday a.m. going to do a century tour:  http://www.superiorvistas.org/  Likely supper club type dining out (mmm, prime rib!) and some kayaking on Sunday.  Coming back Monday afternoon.

Run
  • 27m 41s
  • 3.06 miles
  • 09m 03s /Mi

POEM!

PeterAK's Training Log

June 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27