• 29.72 miles
  • 19.81 Mi/hr

Lannon ride. Legs are tired fo sho!

Run
  • 45m 04s
  • 5.20 miles
  • 08m 40s /Mi

Lunchtime treddy run at the Y.

Run at lunch, Tri Wis Lannon ride tonight.

Last night I was cleaning the bikes and noticed that I did the Dare on a 12-25 instead of the 12-27 I thought I had put on.  Sometimes I'm a dufus.  And sometimes I'm stronger than I thought.  So I've got that going for me.  Which is nice.

EVERYONE IS INVITED!

OPEN HOUSE AT TRANSITION
PEWAUKEE, WI
Date:  Monday August 17, 2009
Time: 5:00pm to  8:00pm
During and after the Open Water Swim.

A % of all sales at Transition Cycle and all money raised throughout the night through the Raffle and the RACC Donation Pack will go to RACC for our Ironman Wisconsin effort.

Here is the Scoop!

TRANSITION IS OFFERING 15% TO 20% OFF ON ACCESSORIES AND BLOWOUT SPECIALS.

FREE BEER, SODA, WATER, AND LIGHT SNACKS FROM 5PM TO 8PM

RAFFLE FOR THE FOLLOWING: $10 FOR 10 TICKETS.
1. REACTION BLUE SEVENTY WETSUIT
2. ASICS KAYANO RUNNING SHOES
3. IRONMAN PACKAGE - FUEL BELT, COMPRESSION SOCKS, STICK, HAT,MORE.
4. TRIATHLON OR IRONMAN LIMITED EDITION CANVAS PRINT.
5. RACC TEAM UNIFORM / TRANSITION GIFT PACKAGE.

RACC donation Pack - $20.
Custom RACC / IRONMAN 09 Yellow Tee Shirt or RACC Visor (shows total raised)
RACC Bracelet
RACC Water Bottle

COME AND ENJOY THE FOOD, FUN,
DEALS THIS MONDAY.

We currently have 6 individuals racing Ironman Wisconsin in 09. Scott Schramel, Pete Kazaks, Mike O'Connor, Kim Hardy, Ross Gasper and Cole Braun. We have currently raised over$6,000 raised. If you want to Join RACC or are racing IM Wisconsin and want to race for RACC we can get you details on Monday.

Run
  • 2h 15m
  • 13.53 miles
  • 09m 59s /Mi

Wanted to do a long run and was curious how the legs would do after the Dare. Felt pretty good. Didn't push it just cruised. 32 oz of Gatorade Endurance, 16 oz of water. Took a Hammer gel at mile 10 or so and felt much stronger after that. Should have taken two more and done twice as much water and half as much GE. That will be more along the lines of the nutrition plan for IMWI.

After this big weekend I'm feeling pretty good about IM.  Legs are not sore at all, just a little tired.  I think my nutrition is going to be good as I managed to stay strong and avoid cramping on a loooong day on the bike in heat yesterday and a solid run in the heat today.

Back to being excited about race day again.

Bike
  • 8h 34m
  • 130.10 miles
  • 15.19 Mi/hr

Ooooh, look at that average speed! Yeah, it's impressive isn't it? Well, there was 15k of climbing in there and I ain't a climber. Long day at the Dairlyland Dare. Felt pretty dang good all day. It was warm and humid, don't know how many bottles I went through but it was lots and lots. Maybe 15? My eyelids are sore from being salt crusted. Also took 3-4 endurolytes an hour.

Food was good, had a number of PBJ sandwiches, a bratworst (couldn't help myself), bananas, a couple bags of chips, a turkey sandwich, strawberries, ice pop, about 5 Hammer gels, gummy fruit snacks, some grapes, and who knows what else. The only thing that wasn't available that I wanted was Coke. Fortunately they had that at the finish.

Post ride meal was pretty dang good pasta with meatballs and salad.

Had my first crash in 8k of road riding. Going down one of the hills with a turn in it we were trucking along pretty good. Girl in front of me saw some patches in the road and overbraked. Her rear tire started skidding so I clamped 'em down too. She slid off into the grass on the side of the road and I was about 10' behind her as she planted the front wheel and did a superman onto the grass, landing on her stomach. Instead of concentrating on where I should go I braked enough that I didn't lean into the corner and then found myself on the gravel at the edge of the pavement. Because the girl and her bike were laying on the ground I couldn't just ride through the grass and my front wheel slid out as I braked. Wasn't going fast at all when I dumped it but I still went down pretty fast. No worse for the wear, no scrapes but do have a bruise on my hip. Lesson learned: Do not pay attention to people crashing in front of you. Look for clear road and ride the line you had intended to if possible. Had I done this, I would have been fine.

Also picked up a flat so that's my practice changing tubes prior to race day.

Camping the night before the race was...  Interesting.  Woke up to the sound of a big tree crashing down in the woods around 3 a.m.  I gotta tell ya, this makes it a little harder to fall back asleep when you are surrounded by trees.  Everyone else at the site was woken and freaked out by it.  An hour later a raccoon stopped by and was digging in a bag of nut shells someone had left on the picnic table.  Darn critters!

Run
  • 45m 25s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

Lunchtime treddy run. Sweatin' out the booze from yesterday. Felt better while I was running than before or after... Gotta keep drinking Gatorade to make sure I'm hydrated and fueled up for the Dare tomorrow!

Broke in a new pair of Asics today. New shoes feel great!

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 17.30 miles
  • 16.74 Mi/hr

POEM coffee ride. Was on the bike at 5:44 a.m. Beautiful sunrise today. Likely doing more morning stuff the next couple weeks as it's time for the big hours!

No BT time today.  Meeting in the a.m. and golf outing all afternoon.  No workout tonight!  Tomorrow will be short swim and run, Saturday Dairyland Dare.  The sticks are feeling the last couple days of work so this morning was easy and tomorrow's run will be short as I'm breaking in a new pair of running shoes too.  Hope to feel freshy freshy for the Dare on Saturday!

Bike
  • 1h 35m
  • 31.50 miles
  • 19.89 Mi/hr

Afternoon networking ride from Transition. Fun ride through Waukesha county with a new group of guys.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.00 miles
  • -----

Tri Wis track workout. Everything was around 7:50 pace except for the relay legs, which were in the low 6's.

• 75 wu
  • One mile, two person relay
    1 cd

Hmmmmm...  Legs are a bit toasty from yesterday's ride.  Maybe from pushing it on hills on the tri bike when I'm used to the roadie?  Dunno.  

'Nother fun day today.  Working until 1 p.m. or so, then heading out to Transition for a networking ride at 2, then to the Tri Wis track workout.  Good times.

Looking forward to Dairyland Dare this weekend! 

PeterAK's Training Log

August 2009 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12 13 14 15
    16 17 18 19 20 21 22
    23 24 25 26 27 28 29
    30 31     

Time
    Distance
    • July's totals
    • June's totals