Bike
  • 56m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 16.07 Mi/hr

Rippin' fast recovery ride! Legs felt a bit dead but not really sore.

Swim
  • 15m
  • 800.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

I gotta say, it felt good to be in the water.

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.

So.  Seeing as Iron distance tri's are off the to do list for the foreseeable future, I am considering selling my tri bike.  2006 Trek Equinox 9.  Ultegra brakes, both derailleurs, chain, and cassette, FSA crank, Shimano R550 wheelset.  Overall good shape but does have some minor dings in the paint from use.  Size is 58 cm.  $1,000 for the bike.  Speedplay pedals and Cateye double wireless computer would be separate.

Don't worry, part of the proceeds would go to buy a set of pursuit bars for the road bike for when I do jump in a tri.  :-)  The rest would go towards a mountain bike.

Also have an aerobar setup I bought used and never got around to putting on the bike.  It's a Profile Design CBX Pro base bar (42 mm) with T2+Cobra S bends.  All carbon, with DA 10 speed shifters and Tektro brake levers.  Brake levers and shifters show some scuffs and signs of wear.  The arm brackets are carbon but have a metal insert which is what the screws go through to bolt to the base bar.  The metal parts are a bit corroded but I think they are fine structurally. $300 for the whole setup.  Not in perfect shape so I'd like this to be a face to face transaction so the buyer can look at it before handing over any money.

Let me know if you are interested.  It will all likely go in the classifieds in the next couple days.

Feeling pretty good today.  Craving greasy food non stop though.  And been giving in to the craving. 

Record10Carbon over on SlowTwitch took this of me on my last trip up State Street on the way to the finish.  Great pic!

How To Negative Split Your Ironman Run

By PeterAK

First, fail to adjust plain water intake on the bike in spite of increasing your salt intake.  Then wait for your stomach to shut down.  The first thing you will experience is decreased bike speed.  The second thing will be your body refusing to let you run, utilizing tools like stomach cramps and low energy.  Then, get your head out of your ass, and start drinking lots and lots and lots and lots of water.  At mile 15 you will take your first pee of the day.  Then, your legs which are still fresh from walking so much, will carry you at much better speeds when aided by the intake of cola and orange slices! (hey, it worked!)

Overall very happy.  Frustrated that I made the mistake.  The legs weren't awesome on the run but definitely could have gotten sub 12 had I not had the issues.  Great time with all the BT'ers out there, and I raised over $2,500 for Childrens Cancer prevention  and research by doing this race.  VERY proud of that!

Congrats to all the Iron Donks!  Particularly the newly minted ones!

Bike
  • 5h 52m 03s
  • 112.00 miles
  • 19.09 Mi/hr
Run
  • 5h 09m 33s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi
Swim
  • 1h 14m 08s
  • 4224.00 yards
  • 01m 45s /100 yards
I'm in there this morning:

Out there while most people are at church and then having lunch:

Just so I can start this in the afternoon:

And ideally, finish this around the time most people go back to the couch after dinner:

Bike
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Quick tune up ride to make sure all is well.

Swim
  • 25m
  • -----
  • -----

Swim on course. Water is warm!

Good nights rest.  Good breakfast.  Feeling ready to rock!  Lori and I are going to swim around 10 a.m. or so, then a short ride, and then check in the bikes and transition bags.  WOOT!

Fun day.  Swim, pack, bike, eat!  Just had Lori cut my hair nice 'n' short.  Speedy Pete!

Now to chill for a couple hours and to bed early...

I'm feeling nice and relaxed.  It is going to be a warm day, getting over 80 degrees and no clouds.  This alone could slow the times down a little from 2007.  But, feeling good.  Expecting between 2-8 minutes slower on the swim, potential for bike in the 6-6:15 range, and potential for run in the 4:15 to 4:45 range.  That is, if things go great.  Going to take it all in and enjoy.

As I go to bed, my RACC fund raising total is $2,435.  Not going to check it again, but was really hoping to have it over $2,500 by the time the cannon goes off.  If you are in a position to give to help kids with cancer, please visit my fund raising page!

http://januscharitychallenge.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=296288&supid=259315311

Run
  • 20m
  • -----
  • -----

Easy run before dinner. It is warm. Very warm. Heat will definitely be an issue to deal with on Sunday!

PeterAK's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals