Okay.  Things are looking up.  Felt better yesterday afternoon, a bit worse in the evening, got a good nights sleep, and now feeling okay with only a little gut discomfort this morning.  Appetite is coming back too.  Woot.

Fuck. Me.

I'm sick.  Fine yesterday, at the wife's grandma's place on a lake a couple hours away.  In the car on the way home the tummy was not happy.  A bit of ice cream before bed helped.  But, woke up at 5:30 feeling pukey.  Got up, no pukey, but plenty from the other end.  It's almost noon and all I've had is a bottle of gatorade, a slice of toast, and half a Coke.  Feel tired and, what the fuck, where is all this number two coming from????

Don't know what it is.  Food poisoning?  Lori's grandma thought she was having side effects to some meds she is on.  Symptoms were headache (check), pukey and diahrrea (no and yes), and tired (check).  Did I get the flu or some crap?

I've been feeling confident the last week or two.  Now I am.  Freaking.  Out.

Glad it's a holiday today so I can just lounge all day.

Run
  • 1h 06m 30s
  • 7.20 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

Felt pretty damn good for the first five, a bit tired for the last couple.

Bike
  • 2h 39m
  • 51.30 miles
  • 19.36 Mi/hr

And that will conclude the cycling part of the show!

Felt pretty good, but not uber strong today. Comfy on the bike. Need to adjust the rear derailleur a bit as it's not up shifting as fast as it should.

Swim
  • 40m
  • 2050.00 yards
  • 01m 57s /100 yards

OWS in Lake Michigan.

Bike
  • 1h 00m 57s
  • 21.27 miles
  • 20.94 Mi/hr

Shorter than I wanted but it was getting dark! Bike is in IM dress. Race wheels felt great, and did a solid effort for the middle 30 minutes.

Note to self:  Do not send important information before having coffee.  Sometimes I am so stoopid!

Biking tonight.

Run
  • 36m 20s
  • 4.10 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

Felt pretty damn good. Did three one minute pushes with two minutes jog in between.

Mowed the lawn for a cool down.

Prettied up the tri bike last night.  Put the RACC decals on the HED3's along with the 12-27 cassette, cleaned the drive train, etc.  Lookin' good.  Going to take the chain in to the LBS tomorrow (when I pick up my new cross bike!) to measure it for wear and make sure I don't need a new one for IM.

Overall, feeling pretty good going into IM.  My couple crappy runs in the last few weeks have me worried, but I've also had one very good long run each of the last three weeks, which gives me confidence.  Training has not been nearly as laser focused as it was in '07.  But, I felt awesome at Racine, going 34 minutes faster than I did in '07.  Even taking into account the short swim and perfect weather I think that bodes well.  A few more half marathons under my belt in the last year certainly help with the run ability.  Just need to continue to focus on rest and nutrition for the next ten days and hopefully the pieces will fall into place.

Goal is to go 11:41.  Realistically, expect to be somewhere between 12 and 13 hours, and have a great time doing it.  Looking forward to it!

Two important things:

First:  I am only $125 short of my fund raising goal for Racers Against Childhood Cancer.  Won't you help me out?  A few bucks from a few people will get us there! 
http://januscharitychallenge.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=296288&supid=259315311

Second:  I bought a cyclocross bike and I'm really excited about giving cross racing a shot.  But, the deal I made with Lori, was that I buy the cross bike, but sell my race wheels.  So, after IMWI, my HED3 clinchers are up for sale.  $650 includes the HED skewers, but no tires or cassette.  Please let me know if you are interested or know someone who is! 

PeterAK's Training Log

September 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals