Run
  • 30m 10s
  • 3.02 miles
  • 09m 59s /Mi

EZ recovery run. Nothing hard. Had dead legs this morning, so going slow was not a problem. Kept it in Zone 1 the whole time.

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
  • ABS - Crunches, Lying Oblique
  • CORE - Elbow Bridge (FB)
  • CORE - Reverse HyperExtension (FB)
  • CORE - Superman (FB)
  • CORE - Supine Leg Curl (FB)
Another easy day today, then off tomorrow. Could use a day off. Thursday I redo my run LT test.

• Health data: RHR: 56 Hours slept: 6.5
Run
  • 27m 35s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi

EZ run around the neighborhood. Stayed mainly on the grass.

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
  • ABS - Medicine Ball Twist
  • CHEST - Pushups (FB)
  • CORE - Back Extensions (FB)
  • CORE - Superman
  • CORE - Supine Hip Extension (FB)
Easy recovery jog and some core work planned for today. That and 3 piles of laundry.

• Health data: RHR: 52 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 54m 24s
  • 30.15 miles
  • 15.81 Mi/hr

Easy ride with John (jcagg90). Good recovery.

HR was skyrocketing the first few miles, not sure why. Average was OK. Maybe my HR monitor was too dry. It was all in the first 2 miles.

Didn't help that I accidentally had my HR alert to go off when I crossed Zone 1 instead of Zone 2. Oops.

Run
  • 44m 33s
  • 5.02 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

3 mile tempo run
Mile 1 - 7:03 (HR 149)
Mile 2 - 7:15 (HR 159)
Mile 3 - 7:19 (HR 162)

Short tempo run and an easy bike with John today.

Mike Ricci suggested I do my tempo runs the day after my long runs. He does 5K and 10K races the day after his long runs when marathon training. Says it gets his legs used to working hard when they're already tired - like they would be in a marathon. Tried to get into Zone 4 but couldn't. Instead, I was stuck in Zone 3. Maybe I should push the WU a little harder. That way I'd be starting a higher HR and would have an easier time getting to Zone 4. Will see what Mike says.

• Health data: RHR: 56 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 2h 23m 19s
  • 15.12 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

Beautiful morning for a run. Left the house about 5:15 to a full moon shining down on me. Took a different route today. Went on the city hike and bike trails. Found one that goes from the house to El Dorado. Then took El Dorado all the way to Lake Forest. From there I went down to Glen Oaks and then took Glen Oaks until I hit the halfway point.

Very hilly miles 2-5 (and 9.5-12.5). Hard to keep my HR in Z2 then, lots of walking. Most of the run was in Z1. Only about 30 minutes was Z2. I guess that's good.

Lots of runners along the trail, including a group of about 8 leaving Run On around 6:30 or so. Always nice to see other people out running.

Only bad part about it was I passed a fracking donut place mile 5 and 10. NO DONUTS!

Took 20oz of water, total of 3 gels (slurps at miles 3, 6, 9, and 12).

I'm really digging these HR training-based runs now. Not worrying about trying to keep a certain pace is making running a lot less stressful - physically and more importantly mentally. Felt like I could have gone 20 miles this morning with no problems. Next week I will.

• Health data: RHR: 48 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 02m 22s
  • 17.78 miles
  • 17.11 Mi/hr

Did the bike LT test today. Felt much harder than my run one. I pushed and mashed and made my legs cry.

Results for 20 minute time trial - 6.72 miles (that's just over 20 mph campers!), average HR of 173

Bike LT test today at lunchtime. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze it between my meetings.

Bike test is done. Just over 20 mph baby! Same average HR as my run, which leads me to believe that my run test is inaccurate (that, along with not feeling good the entire time I did it and feeling like I could have gone harder and faster). Going to do it again next week.

• Health data: RHR: 52 Hours slept: 7.5
Sport
  • Yard Work
  • 1h 15m

Not much happening today. Going to get my trip lined up and maybe get the yard mowed.

Had Starbucks for the 2nd time ever last night. I'm waiting to be impressed. Still nothing. Granted, I'm not a big coffee guy, but that place is too mediocre and sterile for me. Kind of like Chili's. Give me Sweet Eugene's in College Station anytime.

• Health data: RHR: 52 Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 1h 13m 05s
  • 7.59 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

Felt good this morning till mile 7. At that point I was over half a mile from home and had GI issues. Had to walk most of the last part, so my HR and pace went way down.

Not going to fool with posting laps. I'm not worried about pace right now, just HR. Hard not falling into the pace trap, but I'm trying to change my mindset from the old ways. Had to stop and walk 4 times to get my HR down when it crept into Z3.

Medium run today felt good. Soreness in my calves is gone. Planning to take tomorrow off. Looking forward to that. I've run 4 days in a row. Can't remember the last time I did that. Feeling pretty good though.

Bad news that I found out yesterday. My trip to Kansas City got rescheduled to the first week of November. Why is that bad news? That's opening weekend of deer season. So I guess I'll have to skip my Sunday morning hunt and come home Saturday night. Hopefully I'll get one the first day so it won't be an issue.

So I don't end up on a watch list, somebody please remind me to take the bullets out of my backpack before going to the airport this time...

Added some monthly goals to my list. Nothing really training related. Just random goals to see if I can do it.

• Health data: Soreness: 5 RHR: 52 Hours slept: 6.5

apw0397's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • July's totals