• 2h 13m 53s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi
Swim
  • 45m 09s
  • 1931.21 meters
  • 02m 20s /100 meters

Finish time for PrairieMan  5:59:32!

Thanks so much to swatson, tri_it_cajun_style, DerekL, jcagg90, Comet, Tri Take Me Away, Chippy, Doughboy, sebjamesm, and Tracy (Mrs. sebjamesm) for strapping. You guys were AWESOME!

• Health data: Hours slept: 5

I really tried to get a good night's sleep, honest. Got to bed around 10:30, but Houston woke up sometime before 6. I let him talk for 45 minutes, then finally got up. Why is it on the days he needs to get up by 6:30 he's still asleep, and the days he can/I want him to sleep in, he doesn't. Murphy's Law I guess.

Think I'm going to skip the multisport mode on the Garmin tomorrow. I just don't like the display on it. I'm not going to be in too big of a hurry in T1 and T2 tomorrow, so the 10 seconds it takes changing it from bike to run mode won't be a big deal.

Pretty much have everything packed already, just need to find my hat and I'm all set for tomorrow. Going to be fun.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.5

Sore throat this morning. Not cool. Maybe I just slept on my back last night and that aggravated it. Hopefully I'm not getting sick. No time for that.

To do list for today:

• clean the bike
  • mow the yard
  • get license plates renewed since they expired in August - OK, maybe Monday
  • get gear together for Sunday
  • pre-race haircut

Is it bad that I'm starting to look past Prairieman and think about an IM next year?

• Health data: Hours slept: 6.5
Swim
  • 18m 21s
  • 914.40 meters
  • 02m 01s /100 meters

Hardly felt like it was worth getting out of bed for such a short swim. Tried to concentrate on form and staying relaxed.

Packet pickup for Prairieman today. Should be interesting since I have both of the boys with me and I have to take my bike for the mandatory inspection. Also need to pick up another gel flask. Figure I'll need 2 on Sunday.

Seb mentioned my run HR was a little high yesterday. I felt pretty comfortable the entire run, never felt like I was pushing very hard. However, on the bike, when I was going uphill and pretty hard, my heartrate was only hitting 165 or so. Strange that my RPE and HR on the bike and run are inverses. I figured the bike HR would be higher and the run lower. Or maybe I just have a much higher HR zone on the run than the bike. Or, as Seb pointed out, maybe it's because it was a brick run. Hmm...one of these days I'll get around to doing the 20 minute time trial thingy to find my zones.

• Health data: RHR: 48 Hours slept: 6.5
Bike
  • 53m 10s
  • 14.84 miles
  • 16.75 Mi/hr

Easy ride along the Stonebridge course.

Run
  • 24m 11s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 08m 02s /Mi

Mile 1: 7:29
Mile 2: 8:15
Mile 3: 8:29

Held back and stayed relaxed the entire time.

Lunchtime brick planned today. Going to take it pretty easy, especially on the run. Last hard workout, then a short swim tomorrow. Off Friday and Saturday. About to go crazy though. Will Sunday ever get here?

2:10pm - Comparing my bike computer distance with the Garmin, since there were some concerns about the GPS accuracy. I forgot to start my Garmin at first, so I missed 0.15 miles at the start. Garmin distance (not counting 0.15 missed) was 14.69. Bike computer distance was 14.84 miles. If my math is right, 14.69+0.15 = 14.84 miles. Not bad. Also, my run distances were exactly what I had measured before on my bike. Cool. 

Does anybody familiar with the Garmin multisport mode know how to change what is shown on the display? I have my bike and run preferences set, but when I did multisport mode it went to some default setting that I hadn't seen before. Anyone?

• Health data: RHR: 60 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 28m
  • 1280.16 meters
  • -----

200 WU

Set #1: 5x100's. Each 100 will be done as 50 free with your hands in fists, followed by a 50 Free with hands normal. The fist drill will teach you to get the most out of your body rotation to get you through the water most efficiently.

Set #2: 5x100's (again!). Each 100 will be done as 50 Finger Tip Drag (drag finger tips on arm recovery) followed by 50 Free. This drill will help you get your elbows out of the water. Don't forget to slice your hands in around your goggle line (or a little in front).

200 CD

I'm 30 now. Good birthday I guess. Lots of work at Tom's lakehouse. Not very relaxing, but still able to get some easy workouts in.

OK, what's up with my Garmin settings? It says I burned 628 calories yesterday in a 3 mile run. That can't be right. BTW, I like it so far. Just need to figure out the multisport function before Sunday.

• Health data: RHR: 48 Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 25m 47s
  • 3.06 miles
  • 08m 26s /Mi

Maiden voyage of the Garmin. Easy run with Tom after breakfast. Had eaten about a dozen sausage balls and 2 cinnamon rolls an hour to hour and a half earlier, so this was never going to be more than an easy run.

Mile 1 - 8:34
Mile 2 - 8:24
Mile 3 - 8:22
Leftovers - 0:27

apw0397's Training Log

September 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30