Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 12m

Walked past the strangest thing. A couple was on their front porch with their dog - and there was a guy in his underwear on his knees and down with his forehead on the ground (like child's pose). I was "looking" as we walked past and the neighbor guy sent the girl to go take pictures of a truck and it's plates - said something towards me like "he's illegal" and some other mumblings. They were clearly "holding" him but I didn't see a gun or weapon, just the dog. I kept walking, knowing I'd turn around and pass them again - trying to figure out if I should say anything. When I passed the 2nd time, the neighbor guy was now inspecting the truck and the girl was on the porch with the dog - underwear guy was in the same position on the ground. I said "I'm not going to ask anything else, but are you OK?" and she said yes.
WHAT. WAS. GOING. ON!?? I didn't see another single soul on the walk, otherwise I probably would have mentioned something strange down the street. Whatever was happening, it wasn't good and it makes me feel uneasy.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 17m

Little longer lunch walk on the path by the river.

Sport #3
  • Yoga
  • 23m

Not a complaint because I'm hyper aware how privileged I am to have a good job right now... but a funny work observation. In my old role supporting executive communications, I always wrote employee messaging for our President and COO. In my new role, I support two executives who report to our COO - but somehow I'm still being asked to write COO messaging. Why isn't the person in my old role doing this? I suppose I'm flattered that this task has followed me into my new role. I'm just annoyed at the effort I'm having to spend on it this week. As an example, I wrote a draft (that my leaders said looked great) - and when I sent it to the COO he sends me back a 105-slide presentation to pull information out of to replace what I had gathered. So I get to sift through 105 slides to pull out what I think he wants. I know it's part of my job, but jeez it would save me so much time if he would just say what elements he wants to be included in his message. It would take him 60 seconds to do 

Run
  • 2h 02m 47s
  • 8.54 miles
  • 14m 23s /Mi

Same as last week! Really enjoying this run/walk thing. Temps in the mid-80s, lots of people out enjoying the Riverwalk and the Chattahoochee River. Lovely.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 10m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 11m

Evening walk - stopped for a minute to talk to a guy getting in his car because every day I walk past TWO vehicles on my street with Kansas plates - Johnson County which is where my grandma (and Linda!) live. I've always been curious because it's just so strange for there to be two vehicles at two separate houses with those plates (only recognizable to someone like me) on my little street. This guy didn't know who the other Johnson County people were, but he said he lived there for 3 years before moving here, but was getting ready to move again to Florida. One mystery solved!

Bike
  • 4h 15m 49s
  • 62.04 miles
  • 14.55 Mi/hr

2800 ft of climbing.
Drove to Cartersville to ride this morning because I wanted to get in 60 miles but didn't want to ride through the big tunnel on the Silver Comet and have to spend the rest of the day cleaning my bike lol...

Didn't check in with the tri club because I wanted to just get going and was there early. Also because I'm a little spooked that the last time I rode with tri club people I rode with the guy who tested positive for COVID. Just wanted to roll solo.

Did two 31-mile loops with nothing exciting until 3 miles to the end of my 2nd loop and a rider was down in the road. She and a guy had passed me not long before. She was moving and when I yelled out she responded so I knew she was conscious. I asked if she wanted me to ride ahead to see if I could catch her partner she said yes. I felt bad leaving her down on the road but knew it would be better if I could catch the guy to let him know. Found him just as he was slowing for a turn and yelled out that his partner was down - he thanked me and turned around to get her. I saw them in the parking lot as I was leaving and checked in - clearly she had ridden back but she was kind of banged up. The guy was bandaging her road rash and tending to her - whew glad she was able to ride back.

The drive home was tedious as always, with construction bringing traffic to a crawl for 10-15 minutes. I ate my backup Waffle Stinger to keep me from getting hangry and that helped.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Evening walk after an almost-three-hour nap. Didn't sleep much last night and was up at 5:30 this morning!

Run
  • 40m 45s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 13m 04s /Mi

Hilly route. Dew point 73 and heat index 96?! Minus 2.2 pounds of sweat. I'll never NOT be amazed at how much I sweat!

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 11m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 13m

Evening walk - wow I feel asleep hard at 4 p.m. and missed my lap swimming window. Body is tired.

After my big weight drop last week, I gained a pound this week! I'm sort of in 'maintenance' mode, but was still surprised at a gain seeing as I was eating to lose 1/2 a pound. Also just floundering with what do to training-wise. My plan was to just do the same week until I get bored (6:45 hr biking, 3.5 hr running, 1.5 hr swimming), but then what?

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.73 miles
  • 15.82 Mi/hr

Trainer - half of this was during an industry association "virtual happy hour" (eye roll). I felt obligated to join since I'm stepping into a larger leadership role with them next year. I'm just over virtual happy hours that are nothing like actual happy hours.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 14m

Lunch walk in a little bit of rain

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 12m

Evening walk

Run
  • 51m 33s
  • 4.08 miles
  • 12m 38s /Mi

Lunch run - only 80 degrees but dew point at 71. Felt a little sluggish but my pace was pretty good.
Watching Rep. John Lewis' final procession live on TV as they go through Atlanta. I get weepy when I hear of all the good he did in his life. I saw him speak at the March for our Lives rally after the Parkland shooting and was so inspired. I'm still inspired. He was one of a kind.

Swim
  • 39m 05s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 57s /100 yards

Evening swim in a full pool.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 10m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 12m

Evening walk

Ugh, dude in my tri club has tested positive. I rode "near" him on July 11, so I'm sure it was fine then. But he's having to post to let everyone know who was at weeknight workouts in the last week to get tested. He's asymptomatic and got tested for pre-surgery procedures (so has to delay his surgery). Obviously glad he's not down and out with symptoms, but this is the problem that people don't realize they have it and are spreading it willy nilly!

Can everything stay contact free after COVID? Lol.. took Elie Mae to her annual vet appointment where we checked in from the parking lot, did the pre-screening questions over the phone, waited for the tech to come out to the car in mask and gloves to get her, talked to the vet over the phone then received the pup back in the car afterwards. Checked out and paid over the phone from the parking lot. It was great! I think if she had more health issues or I had more concerns, I'd want to have a more "in person" experience - but enjoying this contact free stuff for sure. 

They did note that she gained 2+ pounds since her last visit, which I'm skeptical of because she will NOT stay still on their scales so the number bounces around until they pick one. I weighed her at home and she's 17 pounds so yes about a pound heavier than last year. But not the almost 3 pounds they have on her chart now. I'll be transitioning her OFF of grain free foods - I've always known about the risks but she had such bad digestive issues when I first got her and the grain free stuff eliminated those... but I think she'll be fine (Amazon accidentally sent regular food a few deliveries ago and she ate it without issue). Also pleased to hear they aren't recommending a dental cleaning until next year - unheard of! She does reluctantly let me brush her teeth which is hilarious, and I think that's helping. Happy to have a healthy old girl.

lisac957's Training Log

August 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals