Run
  • 41m 01s
  • 3.25 miles
  • 12m 37s /Mi

This is supposed to be the first "recovery" week of my training plan, but I'm not feeling like I need it. So just going to repeat what has been essentially the same training week for the 5th week in a row. My inner thighs were angry today from the Morning 100 workout yesterday. Eeek.

Strength
  • 20m

Swim cord stuff. Found some good exercises in this video: https://youtu.be/0lO0quMETpk

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 13m

Lunch walk

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 11m

Evening doggie walk.

In Atlanta, there's a super popular mixed use trail that will eventually connect the entire city. I've never actually been on it (too far away from my house and WAY too crowded for any sort of cycling), but thousands of people use it for actually getting from point A to point B - alongside fun stuff like bar crawls and everyday exercise. Our mayor is so hesitant to shut it down entirely, but last night rolled out new timed rules for using it. It doesn't really affect me, but I have such mixed feelings. Mostly that this is such an "on both sides of the fence" decision, really a non-decision but probably makes her feel like she's doing "something." I wonder when we all look back, what we'll think of things like this.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.80 miles
  • -----

Trainer ride. Had to turn off the regular news since I was riding during the president's press conference. Protecting my mental health. Turned on BBC and enjoyed that news program so much more.

Sport #1
  • BeachBody
  • 20m

Morning 100 workout

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 08m

Shorter evening walk tonight.

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 14m

Super lovely lunch walk. Minimal barking, very zen.

Exciting passive hobby news - my AeroGarden pods are sprouting already! Basil and tomatoes were the first to spring up, and I can see chives and dill ready to pop up as well. Mint and parsley are the stragglers right now. How fun!

Sending in my Georgia Primary (May 19) vote by mail application today. I don't understand why they didn't just automatically send the ballot to all registered voters? You're required to (fill out, cut, fold, tape, stamp and) send in this application to be sent the mail in ballot. Also don't understand why elections aren't online yet. I'm sure there are loads of security reasons, but if the US Census is online, why not elections?

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 10m

Lunch walk

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 16m

To the mailboxes and back.
There's a couple with a very old dog that we see a few times a week. The dog literally collapses and they have to pull his back legs up for him to get going again. It makes me start to cry every time I see them!

Sport #3
  • Yoga
  • 30m

Power yoga video - now THIS is my kind of yoga. Adrienne is great, but sooooo slow moving for me. Try this if you like power yoga stuff! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9p5yhE6_fk

Starting my sixth week of work-from-home/stay-at-home. Getting creative with food and not wasting anything. I'm challenging myself to make it another week and a half until another grocery run. I still have some onions, bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, celery, brussels sprouts, etc. that I can use the heck out of this week and maybe freeze some dinners so I'll have meals with veggies into next week. 

Tonight I'm making a "healthier" homemade version of hamburger helper - did you all eat that as a kid? It's an AMAZING dish. I'm going to add black beans, more veggies and spices to make it a tex-mex version. Here's the original recipe if you're feeling nostalgic for this type of meal! It's so good!

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
Salt (1t), pepper (1/2t), garlic powder (1/2t) and paprika (1/2t), more to taste 
1T tomato paste
12 oz (gluten free) elbow pasta, uncooked
2 cups broth
2 cups milk (replace with dairy-free milk if avoiding dairy)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (omit or replace with dairy-free cheese if avoiding dairy)

Brown the beef, onion and spices in a high-sided skillet. Add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Stir in uncooked pasta, broth and milk - bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, until pasta is cooked (10-12 minutes). Fold in the cheese.
If reheating: Add 1/4c broth to re-hydrate the noodles.

Run
  • 1h 16m 36s
  • 6.05 miles
  • 12m 40s /Mi

Nice and warm out. Felt a little sluggish on the back half. TONS of people out. The sunshine felt so good.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 13m

Lunch dog walk

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 14m

Evening walk after our first family Zoom session! It was super nice to see everyone on camera, and the doggies too.

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 31.25 miles
  • 15.63 Mi/hr

Trainer! Not super motivated - definitely ready to be outdoors again. But thankful I have a set up that allows me to ride.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 14m

Lunch walk

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 12m

Night walk after dinner. A surprising number of people had their front doors and blinds open. It was so still and quiet and strange. I was unintentionally peering into people's homes. I felt like I was in a movie. Watching people making dinner or on their couch. Flipping through the channel guide on their TV. It made me sad for some reason.

Run
  • 30m 42s
  • 2.50 miles
  • 12m 17s /Mi

Almost didn't do this. I was sooooooo super cranky from a work thing and just mad. I fully intended on just walking and deep breathing to get over it. But then I started running and was actually feeling ok. Of course, I'm glad I ran. GORGEOUS, sunny, 78-degree weather lifted my spirits. Cranked some music when I got home and had a little dance party in the kitchen with Ellie Mae.

Strength
  • 17m

Swim cords

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 13m

Lunch walk

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 11m

Evening walk

Georgia governor making national news again last night, saying "we just learned" that the disease can be transmitted by asymptomatic people. Please don't lump "me" into your "we," Gov. Dummy. The CDC, WHO and every doctor and scientist have been saying that for over a month! He used that as his excuse to why he is just now locking the state down (as of today). He JUST learned that information. Sorry to get political, but what in the world.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 19.64 miles
  • 15.71 Mi/hr

Trainer

Sport #1
  • BeachBody
  • 27m

Morning 100 workout

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 09m

Lunch walk - some lady bent down and pet Ellie Mae so I wiped her face down when we got back.

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 15m

Social hour on my street tonight. Talked to the lady a few doors down with a senior pug, then to my next door neighbor Jorge.
This was just after setting up my Aerogarden! It came a day early! I planted 2 basils, mint, dill, italian parsley, chives and 3 cherry tomato plants. Going to connect the wifi on the unit so it will ping my phone when it needs water or plant food. I have a feeling even I can make this work!

lisac957's Training Log

April 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals