Run
  • 2h 33m 31s
  • 12.00 miles
  • 12m 47s /Mi

Took the long route to Big Creek Greenway, but then the short cut back through my neighborhood today. Felt SUPER on the first half, then I faded. Walked a lot of the last mile because it's almost 100% uphill. Took a gel at mile 8 and stomach was growling at the end.

Swim
  • 38m 38s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Same as last week!
I was up a few times last night. I'm baking bread today, and am still trying to figure out the best timing for the bulk ferment and overnight proofs needed the day before. I ended up getting up at 11 p.m. to put the dough in the fridge for the overnight proof. Then at midnight I had to wake up to reserve my swim lane for next week. At 3:30 am my AeroGarden was incessantly beeping so I got up to unplug it. Then at 6 a.m. Ellie Mae was up with an upset tummy that started yesterday. I never really went back to sleep after 6 a.m.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 11m

Afternoon walk - cold and windy out.

Run
  • 1h 19m 22s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 13m 14s /Mi

Pretty annoyed with myself that I forced this. I thought it would be one of those runs where I didn't want to get outside, but would feel better if I did. Nope. I feel so much worse, physically and mentally, for doing this. My knees deteriorated and hurt badly - walked a lot and cut this a mile short. Good. Night.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Lunch walk

Still so very drained from yesterday. I definitely over-extended myself. Too much going on with big projects and deliverables, plus so much detail work for the industry board I'm on. I climbed into bed early last night, but my heart was racing so didn't fall asleep for awhile. Finally got up and took some CBD oil, but this is how my body reacts to work stress. 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.47 miles
  • 15.47 Mi/hr

Evening trainer ride. My brain is tired.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Had a meeting end early so squeezed out the door for a lovely, sun-shine-y walk.

It’s gonna be one of those days. I gotta say, though, that blocking 8-9 a.m. daily has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Our executives start their days really early (like 6 a.m.) so an 8 a.m. meeting doesn't register as "early" at all. For MY team's culture, it is though. We tend to work from 9 - 6 type of hours. Anyway, it's been wonderful not having administrative assistants put 8 a.m. calls on my schedule.

Run
  • 1h 03m 02s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 12m 37s /Mi

Evening run - took the long way around to Big Creek Park and the Greenway, which meant climbing 1/2 mile straight uphill out of the park. Just needed a scenery change.

All right, I got the Madison hotel and flight booked! I had Delta eCredits to use from last year, but decided to upgrade to Comfort+ for more leg room on the way home. I'm still extremely leery about the event happening, but might as well get things lined up in the event we actually race. I was checking AirBnB and VRBO and wow, is it just Madison or have rates gotten wildly expensive?! In the past in cities like Louisville, Chattanooga, Santa Rosa, I've been able to rent (VERY NICE) homes for far less cost than separate hotel rooms - but when I looked yesterday everything was like 3x more expensive with all of the fees added. Wild. We did get a 2-bed/2-bath suite with a full kitchen at a Residence Inn, which this group has done before, so I'm comfortable with what we have.

Got a nice surprise today from Christina for watching the dog over new years - a gluten free key lime pie (frozen - delivered in dry ice by FedEx)! Apparently from a locally famous bakery where they were at in Florida. So thoughtful - she also got me a bottle of wine and Ellie Mae a new toy. Now my dilemma is do I save the pie until my birthday next month, or dive in?! haha... I was planning on ordering a gluten free cake for myself from the bakery in town because I've always wanted to try one of their cakes. But now I have this entire key lime pie that's throwing me off 

Run
  • 48m 56s
  • 4.07 miles
  • 12m 02s /Mi

Whoa, I haven't felt this good on a run in a VERY long time. Rare and fantastic. Legs felt strong and springy. I was actually worried because I ended up putting some BioFreeze on a couple of spots along my left IT Band last night, but no trace of stiffness today. I did finish in the dark, but just for the last few minutes.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Lunch walk. Not sure when I'm going to get my run in as I have meetings all the way through 5 p.m. Didn't have enough of a lunch break to squeeze it in. Might try running in the dark?

Hearing of a number of spring races being postponed, and it feels like deja vu. It's got me thinking about Ironman Wisconsin. Do I go ahead and make hotel and flight reservations and just make sure the hotel category is refundable? Wait until things are clearer in the spring/early summer (and risk unavailability of flight times or hotel location)? I'm really leery about planning anything, but I don't want to wait too long and then not have any choices available.

lisac957's Training Log

January 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • Publix Atlanta Marathon 2021 (Run)
    2/28/2021 Atlanta, Georgia