Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Here's a dose of cuteness for ya - after two failed attempts, on my third try I finally found Christmas pajamas that fit Ellie Mae. One pair was too short for her long body (by far), and one pair was too long and too big, even though I had measured her before purchasing online. These are from Target and they have a ton of super cute options. I almost couldn't pick. I can't get over how cute she is in these!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Same as yesterday - just taking a little break.

Having a kind of funny but hot mess type of day. This morning, I went to take the lid off a can of hair spray that has been under my sink for awhile. Apparently it had leaked out the top (?) and liquid, sticky hairspray that had collected in the cap flew everywhere. On me, on the floor, on my sweater. Was running too late to go and change, hoping it would dry clear, but I have splotchy hair spray on me all day. Then, I spilled coffee all over some papers at a work event first thing this morning - always a great start. Then at Target over lunch, I was trying to use a $15 off $75 purchase coupon and it wouldn't be accepted by the computer. An associate spent literally 10 minutes reading off the fine print trying to determine what I had purchased that would void the coupon (no Disney, Barbie, Playstation, GoPro, etc.) but I was clean! After telling me he didn't know why I couldn't use the coupon and shrugging his shoulders, he read the date and it's not good until TOMORROW. Are you kidding me?! I felt a little bad about voicing my annoyance at the associate, but he was absolutely not pleasant or helpful either, so I guess it goes both ways. Happy holidays! LOL

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Only a super short dog walk today. Total laziness for once.

Stopped myself from getting an Instant Pot on this Cyber Monday - it's super on sale through our company points website. But I realized that I don't really ever wish I had one for cooking stuff from frozen - and I really love the process of cooking on a stove top. I did try to get a Ring Doorbell on that site but they were sold out by the time I tried to add to cart. The only thing I did buy (not on the company site) was 2 bottles of a new makeup foundation I'm in love with - Crunchi brand. It's "safer" with no harsh chemicals and actually looks great. On sale for $33 instead of $48 today. That's it! 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.18 miles
  • 16.18 Mi/hr

Trainer watching the Ironman Kona program on NBC. Got me all excited for that red carpet...

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Ellie Mae walk

Moved into the deep cleaning phase today on the house. Spent a lot of time on floors and baseboards, bathrooms, washed kitchen floor mats, washed dog blankets, mopped all the flooring and the stairs, dusted all the things. Fixed a fingernail that tore a little bit and the gel polish had to be re-done (still standing by my investment of gel manicure equipment - SO much better and cheaper than the nail salon!).

Then I started packing for London (I leave Thursday). Just doing a carry-on as I'm only exploring for four full days. I won't need that many clothes. Weather is in the 40s and 50s, so going for athleisure with leggings, jeans and sweaters. Will wear a puffer jacket and carry an umbrella everywhere. All the clothes I pulled are black and grey, super simple and not trying to stand out. Getting excited!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Just a dog walk today! Did a bunch of house cleaning, laundry, dishes, baked cookies, grocery store, made a fantastic leftover turkey/rice chowder. Now my only leftovers are gravy and pie - will toss the gravy (or maybe freeze it in an ice cube tray, saw that as a tip on TV) and I'm proud of myself for not inhaling the entire pie. I intentionally made a pie that I wouldn't want to pick and and eat, but I'll probably have to throw half of it out. It was good! But not good enough to inhale.

The cookies I made today were a test run for Christmas. My sweet grandma always bakes (and now travels with) Christmas cookies for the family. Last year we frosted them at my sister's house. The only kicker is that 3 of us are gluten free and one is dairy free, so four of us can't eat her cookies. I decided to try my hand at a gluten free, dairy free (and nut free) sugar cut-out cookie. I actually used butter today, but the recipe says you can sub with crisco for dairy free. They were so great! And I got meringue powder to make royal icing (YES I WATCH TOO MUCH FOOD NETWORK) and quickly realized I am not good at piping icing. It was fun though! I'll make a batch for Christmas to ice alongside grandma's cookies.

I'm down a rabbit hole of planning for Ironman Wisconsin - researching AirBnb and VRBO properties, car rentals, flights. I can book a nonstop flight right now for $246 round trip - that seems cheap! Trying to decide if I head back home the day after the race or wait until that Tuesday. For Chattanooga, I felt fine enough that I could have gone home Monday, but it was nice to just relax for a day. 

lisac957's Training Log

December 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals