Run
  • 11m 46s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 38s /Mi

Took a gamble (heh) and didn’t run before heading to Vegas this morning. Had to leave the house at 6:30 am, nope. But luckily I got to the hotel and got to check in around 1:30 pm, so had 2 hours to spare before rehearsals begin.
Staying at the Wynn Tower Suites and it’s kinda fancy! Like Alexa will open the blinds if you ask. And this is the view laying in the bed (cropped out Trump Tower, you’re welcome lol)

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Vegas walking

Run
  • 59m 31s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 11m 54s /Mi

Long run - pretty happy with my pace. It’s amazing how much the temperature drop affects me.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

Pride Festival with Jon and Christina.

Run
  • 11m 26s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 19s /Mi

Lunch mile on the treadmill.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Treadmill + Ellie Mae

Last day in the office for awhile - love that feeling! I'll be working next week, but still, it will be nice to be in another city and at a fun work event. And we get to dress up Tuesday night for an awards ceremony. The theme is Black and Bling, which is fun. I'm wearing a black dress I already have - when I bought it I thought it would be a work dress, but it wears more like a cocktail dress. I tried it on the other day and it's perfect. Going to wear some bling-y accessories and call it good.

Since I won't be in town for the Pride parade Sunday, I'm going to lunch with Jon and Christina tomorrow to celebrate. It will be fun to do something social and in the area the city is setting up for Pride.

Burn update: It's finally starting to harden up and scab a little. An entire week later! Burn cream seems to be helping it move along.

Run
  • 35m 46s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 53s /Mi

Yay fast for me! Feeling good today.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae

Last Friday, I had a freak curling iron burn on my forearm. One of those situations where I had my arm over my head trying to curl hair on the other side. 350+ degree iron. When it happened, I knew it was kind of bad, but just went about my day. Saturday after my run, the top layer bubbled up and came off - and it was clearly not ready for that to happen. I'd been alternating Neosporin, covering it, letting it breathe, etc. but it just looked so bad! People at work were asking if I went to the hospital. Amy was very worried about it as one of her daughters got staph infection twice from an open wound. Anyway, I went to Target last night to get some gauze and the pharmacist urged me to go to a Minute Clinic to get some prescription burn cream. So I spent a few hours doing that, and glad I did. The doctor there prescribed me this strong cream and said I need to wash with "wound wash," apply the cream twice a day, apply a gauze pad and completely wrap my forearm for the next 10+ days. And to watch for signs of infection of course. But jeeze I have to dress my wound for the next 10-14 days, that will be fun in Las Vegas!

Run
  • 46m 09s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 11m 31s /Mi

Lunch treadmill.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 05m

Quick dog walk tonight since I got home so late.

Run
  • 36m 58s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 12m 19s /Mi

Officially on a half marathon training plan for the Thanksgiving Day race, but I've gotta get back to running over lunch. Too hectic to fight traffic, get home, walk Ellie Mae, feed Ellie Mae, then suit up for a run before the sun goes down. Lovely evening tonight.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 08m

Ellie Mae

Booked my London hotel finally - decided to stay in Soho. Also planning something to do each day, but don't want every minute scheduled. For anyone who has been to London, how does this look?

Day 1 - Flight arrives in the morning, find hotel, nap, then an evening Soho food tour
Day 2 - Combo tour (morning): Tower of London, river boat ride, Buckingham Palace with Changing of the Guard, rest of the day free
Day 3 - London Eye and Sky Garden (no set times)
Day 4 - Westminster Abbey (no set time)
Day 5 - Flight departs 9 a.m.

Other things I'd like to do in the not-scheduled time are just walking around some of the famous streets and parks, eating fish and chips in a pub, shopping... I might catch a local play. Definitely not a museum person.

Run
  • 12m 33s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 26s /Mi

With Ellie Mae

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 18m

New week and trying to forget about all of the bonus money that has been taken away from me. My boss Laura is back in town today, so wanted to check in on how I was feeling about it since she wasn't able to have the conversation with me last week. I was very honest in that it doesn't feel good and isn't in line with how our company typically "aligns" - and the general chatter is "what will they take away next?" She was so much more empathetic than our boss Amy was. Amy acted surprised that I was upset and acted surprised when I mentioned even though it was a bonus, yes everyone "expects" it as there has never, ever been a year when bonuses aren't paid out at more than 100%. At my last job, I never expected a bonus because there were multiple years when we got zero bonus, zero cost of living raises. But here, it's totally different, so yes I am surprised. I still love this company, but honestly, now I love it a little less.

Anyway, today is my official start date for my new role. I'm head's down getting ready for the leadership summit in Las Vegas next week, so the transition will be nice and slow. I'm excited to be working for my new leader (Christine). It will be a nice change.

lisac957's Training Log

October 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Run)
    11/28/2019 Atlanta, Georgia
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2019 totals
  • 2018 totals