Long walk - warmer out today.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 13m

Lunch walk

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 12m

Evening walk - had to give Ellie Mae a bath after we got back she was so dirty from a recent rain shower. Short dog problems!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.31 miles
  • 16.31 Mi/hr

Late evening trainer ride because I fell asleep this afternoon. Getting into Selling Sunset on Netflix now!

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 17m

Lunch walk while my place was being shown. Definitely did NOT get 24 hours notice for this one, but not a huge deal. According to my door sensor activity, they only stayed for 5 minutes? They either really loved or really hated the place lol

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 12m

Evening walk

Not that it's my business, but I think my landlord is pricing herself out of a tenant. There's a unit directly across the street from me priced $150/month less - it's nearly identical except has carpet on the upper level and not quite as modern of a kitchen (but better appliances). And it's been on the market for ~3 weeks with no renter. Then on the next street over, there's a unit similar to mine, but has an added deck, additional basement/bonus room and 2 fireplaces ... for $25/month less. You'd think she would least price my unit less than the larger one with way more amenities, but that's just me! I was a little surprised there have only been 2 requests for showings in a week, but less surprised when I looked at the competition. Plus with interest rates below 3% I'm guessing folks who can afford $1,700/month payments are looking at buying since their payments would be much less and they'd get much more live-able space.

Run
  • 43m 32s
  • 2.50 miles
  • 17m 25s /Mi

After work power walk - a little rain, a little sunshine.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 14m

84% humidity lunch walk- ack

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 12m

Evening Ellie Mae walk

Had to hold my ground with my well-intentioned landlady today. She called asking when is the soonest possible I would be able to move as she has an interested couple looking to move mid-October. I'm regretting telling her my actual closing date (10/13) - I intentionally built in a few weeks of overlap so I can get some big items delivered, set up utilities, etc. before actually moving in and not be rushed. I told her I've already scheduled my move for Oct. 30, and when she asked if that could be moved up I said no. My mom has already bought air fare to come that weekend! And we already agreed to Nov. 1 as the date when it would be available. Of course then she said "If you're moving Oct. 30, would someone theoretically be able to move in Oct. 31?" Come on!!! Give me 24 hours to clean!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.04 miles
  • 16.04 Mi/hr

Tough trainer ride tonight. Patting myself on the back that I got it in though.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 08m

Short evening walk in the rain

Getting bombarded with work projects and can tell I'm losing my patience/getting snippy with people. Like when someone doesn't show up to a meeting they scheduled  or when someone squeezes in a 30 minute meeting over lunch that happens to be the only free time block in 6 hours for me  I'd love to take a long walk around the neighborhood but it's raining 

Run
  • 51m 49s
  • 4.02 miles
  • 12m 53s /Mi

Evening run - not really into it, but got it done.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 11m

Lunch walk

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 10m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Good news - the house appraisal came back today right on target. One more step completed.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.17 miles
  • 16.17 Mi/hr

Trainer ride - trying hard to get my workouts in this week!

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 12m

Lunch walk - had to put on a jacket!

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 16m

Late afternoon walk while the house was being shown. I decided to drive Ellie Mae up to the mailboxes so both parking spots would be open - then we just walked from there. She is surprisingly fine in the car when it's not moving, I'll have to remember that.

Scheduled my move for Oct. 30 - DONE! My mom and sister are coming, so I think it will be a fun weekend. The first showing of my townhome is late this afternoon, so doing some final cleaning throughout the day (have I mentioned how much I LOVE working from home?). I had my living room rug picked up yesterday to be professionally cleaned, so it looks funny to me. The non-slip pad was washed and is air drying right now. I put a (cute) sign on the door that says "Please wear a mask" but will still need to Lysol door knobs and light switches after every visit. 

Obviously I want my landlord to find someone quickly - for a few reasons. 1) I really feel like I hit the jack pot with her, so I want to do what I can so she doesn't lose any money. And 2) If she doesn't find a tenant to move in by Nov. 1, I'm on the hook to pay rent until Nov. 15 per my rental agreement. It's worth $800 to me, so I'm motivated to make my place look as nice and inviting as possible. Fingers crossed. 

Also - tried to do some research last night in indoor lap pools closer to my new house. There's an "adult aquatics center" that looked really promising (and only $6 per drop in swim/$24 per month/$216 per year options), but of course they've got a reservation system for lap swimming. I quickly tried to search and there were ZERO slots available. Not sure if you have to get on right when they go online or what, but that seems stressful. Not sure what I'm going to do as my current lap pool (which I LOVE, and I've only had to wait one or two times for a lane even during COVID) will be about a 30 minute drive from my new home.

lisac957's Training Log

September 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • September's totals
  • August's totals