The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Run
  • 11m 43s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 11m 43s /Mi

Lunch run. Felt good, especially considering yesterday's run!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Treadmill. Will do 10+ more tonight with Ellie Mae.

Run
  • 1h 52m 02s
  • 9.29 miles
  • 12m 04s /Mi

Cold and dreary race, but had a great time anyway! Pleased that I held 12-minute-miles through the hills. Race report to come!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 07m

Short walk with Ellie Mae in the rain

Run
  • 13m 26s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 13m 26s /Mi

Took Ellie Mae on this run! She did great!! Had a poop stop and she met a black/tan weenie named Midnight who reminded me of Bentley. She didn’t bark at him once they were sniffing each other, which was a nice development.

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.00 miles
  • -----

Trainer

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 17.50 miles
  • -----

Went harder than I intended to. Quads were tight from the run yesterday, and I'm racing this weekend so wanted to take it easy. Ended up busting out a pretty robust ride. Shana's theme was "love songs" today and was kind of mediocre music-wise.

Run
  • 12m 08s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 01s /Mi

After spin class.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Run
  • 1h 01m 47s
  • 5.03 miles
  • 12m 17s /Mi

Great run after logging off of work. 60 degrees and cloudy. Found myself in the middle of the high school girl's rowing team run for a few minutes - they do a massive workout right on the riverbank with rowing machines free weights and a little bit of running. In their booty shorts with their booties on full display during rush hour traffic. Like, coaches, do you really need to have your 16-year-old girls in what equates to underwear doing flat back dead lifts while traffic is literally stopped 5 feet in front of them? In related news, I'm old.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Cool down with Ellie Mae. Both yesterday and today I tested out a little jog with her. Ummm, girlfriend runs faster than me! I would love to see her let loose in an open field or something. I'll have to start taking her on my 1-mile runs. I bet she would love it.

Work from home day, so over lunch I made myself a half batch of french macarons with chocolate dairy free buttercream. Getting better at these - I figured out that I was over-beating the egg whites which was making the insides hollow.  So I didn't beat them to stiff peaks and lowered the oven temp. This batch was near perfect. Happy Valentines Day to me!

Run
  • 35m 47s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 11m 56s /Mi

Lunch run again - swapped the 5-mile run with tomorrow since I'll be working from home and it will be easier to get that distance in.

Forecast for the 15K on Sunday is looking very wet. Not shocking.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

It looks like I may be going home to Kansas for work next month - just for a couple of days. My boss was really sweet about letting me go to this event so I could spend some time with my parents. I was just thinking the other day that I haven't been home since Christmas 2017, and I have mixed feelings! Very much looking forward to seeing my parents and hopefully eating at my favorite local pizza place - that kind of thing. But then I was thinking about maybe grabbing a drink with my old girlfriends and I paused. Not sure how I feel about that. The polite thing to do would be to ask and let them all come up with excuses to not come out. That sounds so negative, but that's honestly how our relationships were for the last five years I lived in Wichita. 

One of the only people I really would want to see is my friend Eddy. But his life has changed even since he was in ATL last year and we got drinks. Him and his girlfriend are expecting a baby this summer, so I'm guessing she wouldn't want him catching up with someone like me. We'll see.

Run
  • 36m 04s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 59s /Mi

Lunch run - felt much better today, despite being flanked by two large guys huffing and puffing all of the air up. Very warm until they both got off the treadmills in my last mile.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Drizzly walk with Ellie Mae

Wow I am floored - just from one social media post yesterday, I raised $250 for Tour De Cure. My network is so generous. I cried. I'm already at $500, which is halfway to my goal! 

lisac957's Training Log

February 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28  

Time
Distance
  • Publix Atlanta Half Marathon (Run)
    3/17/2019 Atlanta, Georgia