Swim
  • 39m 05s
  • 2000.00 yards
  • 01m 57s /100 yards

Same same! Felt a little sluggish in the beginning, couldn't get in a good rhythm. Got to practice swimming in turbulent water when the lady next to me put fins on and did WILDLY AGGRESSIVE kick sets.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Early evening walk - 59 degrees and sunny!

Baking bread again and resting up for my 18-mile run tomorrow. Going to see if I can map out a new route to keep things exciting. OK I've mapped out a route that first takes me back to my old stomping grounds on the Roswell Riverwalk - a 6.5-mile out and back. Then when I get back to my neighborhood, before turning in, I'll do a 5.5-mile familiar route going the other way to finish it off. Fun??

Run
  • 1h 02m 46s
  • 5.05 miles
  • 12m 26s /Mi

Nice evening run - same as Tuesday, 1/2 mile hill and all. Pleasantly surprised to see the sun.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Lunch walk - cold and dreary out. Hoping the rain holds off for an early evening run. The good news is the sun is now setting just a few minutes before 6 p.m. and not at (seemingly) 4:00.

Got an email from the aquatics center saying starting Feb. 1, their online reservation system will open at 8 a.m. a week out, rather than midnight. That's great for not having to set a midnight alarm, but not sure how it will affect availability. I'll find out I guess!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.60 miles
  • 15.60 Mi/hr

Evening trainer ride. Did not get many steps in today with no time for a walk and raining at that. Thursdays are just absolutely brutal for me at work, week in and week out.

My power has been out all morning. No estimated time for restoration. I have meetings from 10 am through 4:30 pm today with no breaks in between. I’ll probably end up charging my phone in my car and trying to do it all from there. :( I’ve ordered Chipotle delivery because I can’t make food or even microwave a frozen lunch. Can’t make coffee either so today is going well :(

OK got power back just before noon - wooo! Belly currently filling with Chipotle and coffee for my nonstop afternoon ahead. 

Run #1
  • 36m 38s
  • 3.04 miles
  • 12m 03s /Mi

RIGHT as I was closing my computer to step outside for my 5-mile run, my boss's boss asked if I could meet at 5 p.m. So I cut this short. Got back inside, logged on huffing and puffing for a totally non-essential conversation that lasted 6 minutes. :/

Run #2
  • 26m 37s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 13m 14s /Mi

The rest of my run, but I went the other way so had a bunch of uphill on the way back that I walked.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Sunny lunch walk after watching and sobbing through the inauguration coverage. What a historical day I'll remember forever.

Run
  • 1h 03m 26s
  • 5.05 miles
  • 12m 34s /Mi

Evening run, cranky knees. Got sprinkled on in the last mile a little, despite what I thought was zero chance of rain all day. Decided to extend my 4-mile route 1/2 mile in the same direction, only to discover that extra 1/2 mile was all down hill out, and all uphill back. Felt like I did pretty well on the uphill though, running about half of it.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Lunch walk after a 60-minute meeting spontaneously turned into a 90-minute meeting. Part of 4.5 hours of meetings today. Never ending.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 16m

Lunch walk in the sun!

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 25m

This week's weekday runs are all 5 miles, with an 18-miler for the long run  - telling myself it's only 2 more miles than I ran the week of Jan. 4... I can do it!

I had a rude awakening with my home gas bill the other day - after the first month of a very expected bill, this last month is crazy high. It's because I've been running my gas fireplace nearly all day every day to warm up the lower level of the house. Ughhhh. I know I need to start thinking about all new windows because they are original and SUPER drafty but wow, so much money. I have 10 windows on the front of the house alone, then another 5 on the back. Reading that mid-level windows are around $500 each (installed), which is $7,500!? I need to prioritize projects - there are a lot on my list.

lisac957's Training Log

January 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • Publix Atlanta Marathon 2021 (Run)
    2/28/2021 Atlanta, Georgia