The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Run
  • 26m 36s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 35s /Mi

First in my age group (F20-29)! Okay, out of three but STILL! Had a great time today!

Rest day before the 5K tomorrow. Tom and I were going to get a swim in, but we decided to do some house/yard work at our houses instead. I cleaned out my hot tub (again- don't ask), bought a new filter for it, hacked some overgrown foliage, weeded my back garden (putting bulbs in tomorrow I think), and the biggest thing was getting my Sun Room finally clean and set up. My vacuum had gotten all clogged up so I couldn't get all the crud the dogs had drug in off the floor. Tom fixed it and voila! Arranged my furniture (finally), vacuumed, put away random stuff in there. It looks all pretty with the Christmas lights lining the ceiling. I've lived in my house for two years and just now did something with that room... I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!
Run
  • 56m 16s
  • 5.55 miles
  • 10m 08s /Mi

Took it easy and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 32m

Took Bentley to the park and then a second walk later with Tom and his dogs.

OK, 5-miles tonight. For reals. Got home and I was cold, so I got under the covers to warm up. Bad idea. An hour and a half later I woke up and it was dark out :(. It should not be a big deal, but when I don't exercise (especially when I plan it), I get down in the dumps. I feel awful. That coupled with the unknown of my work situation and some other random stuff, I broke down a little bit. I feel stupid for crying over this stuff, I mean I have a lot to be thankful for. Just emotional lately, I guess. The heart-warming part of it all was that as soon as I started crying, my sweet puppy dog came out from under the covers and put his chin right on my chest, and loked at me. Then he gave me kisses. It was utterly adorable. I also realized that I thought the 5K was on Saturday, when it's really on Sunday. So I was originally planning on taking tomorrow off to rest up before the race, but now I can do my five miler tomorrow, plus swim. Hell, I don't have to work so I can do whatever the eff I want. Some insight into my work 'situation'
Run
  • 28m 41s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi

Switched today's and tomorrow's run because I realized I would probably be at the five mile group run tomorrow. This run was all right, nothing special.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Cool down walk with Bentley to the park.

5-miler planned for tonight. And PT - got lazy last night and didn't do it. Some of you know I work in the aerospace industry. With the IAM union on strike against Boeing, it has directly affected my job from day one. I've been on a mandatory 3-day work week, as has the rest of the 12,000 employees at my company (except for Tom. He is special). I learned in staff meeting this morning that it will take a significant amount of time to 'ramp up' and get back to 5-day work weeks. As in... about the same amount of time the strike lasts. So if the strike lasts 3 months, it would be another 3 months AFTER the end before I go back to work full time. This week is Week 6 of the strike. DAMN IT! :(

Run
  • 29m 24s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

I would soooo have ran outside ;) but Tom had a 9-miler planned and didn't want to risk ending up soaked to the bone in 45-degree weather. So we went to the gym. WOW the treadmill sucks ass.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

On the treddie after the run.

Another cold, rainy day. I'm at Tom's house watching Sex and the City (the movie) on his huge screen, drinking hot tea and snuggling with the dogs under a blanket on the couch. Cornbread in the oven; which is taking WAY longer to bake than it should. Waiting for it to stop raining so I can run a little later - just a 3-miler today. Life is good; trying to make the best of mandatory short work weeks :)

Swim
  • 21m 57s
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 01m 50s /100 yards

After spin class.
The first half of this was pretty slow; I kept getting pushed into the wall by the waves created from the other swimmers. Picked it up at the end.

Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 17m
Sport #2
  • Spinning Class
  • 1h 00m
Spin class + swimmy tonight. Things I got done today (not working, uugh): - Slept in - Cleaned kitchen - Cleaned out refrigerator. NASTY. - 2.5 loads of laundry - Trip to grocery store, included buying stamps/mailing 3 things, and making a deposit at the bank (also included Starbucks - what does my grocery store NOT have?? :)) - Made/ate lunch: Nachos with black beans, cheese, chipotle seasoning. YOM. - Made/ate dinner: Tortilla/veggie soup. YOM.

lisac957's Training Log

October 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • Ironman Wisconsin 2021 (Triathlon)
    9/12/2021 Madison, Wisconsin