The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Run
  • 26m 02s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 08m 39s /Mi

I was on a mission to break 9-minute miles on this route. The fastest I've ever run this route was 9:02s. I won't say this was easy, but HELL YEAH! I did it! Was a little dizzy towards the end, but I attribute that to me pushing myself - hard.

OKAY! Doing the 50-miler on Sunday. Will be a heavy weekend: Today: 30-minute run I missed earlier this week. Supposed to be an off day. Picking Tom's dogs up from doggie daycare, taking one home with me for the weekend, going out to a concert downtown with friends. Tomorrow: Swim-bike brick. Swim 40 minutes, bike 80 minutes. WSU baseball game in the afternoon. I have the company skybox and all of the tickets to myself. Sweet! It will be 80 degrees and sunny - last home game of regular season. Sunday: 50-mile bike ride and 60 minute run. Supposed to be a brick but I'll have to drive home first. Also supposed to practice transitions and changing a flat. Nerves are still getting the best of me.

Swim
  • 24m 17s
  • 1400.00 yards
  • 01m 44s /100 yards

Speed Day:
WU: 1x250
MAIN: 10x100 (Easy Build Easy Hard)
CD: 1x150 Easy

Pretty uneventful swim. Couldn't find my 2 swim caps or good goggles. Last I used them was at the OWS the other day. Looked in the bag I used, Tom's car and Tom's house. Wonder where they are?! (with Tom's wetsuit?)

Should I do the Wicked Wind 50-miler on Sunday? I would probably be riding alone since Tom is out of town. Eh?

Run
  • 1h 35m
  • 9.22 miles
  • 10m 18s /Mi

It rained on me the entire way... quite enjoyable! Felt VERY strong the whole time, even at the end. In fact, I was sprinting - yes sprinting - the last half mile or so. Great run.

I've been thinking about IMKS nonstop today. Maybe it's because it's exactly one month out, I don't know. But I've been posting like a crazy girl on BT all day and just can't get the race out of my mind. I'm nervous. Excited. Fidgety. Scared. Proud. Humbled. A mile or so into my run tonight, contemplating away about the race, this song by the Killers came on my iPod. For some reason, it really lifted my spirits and I giggled like a little girl about how profoundly timed this song was, and I played it three times in a row.
"Sweet Talk" Lift me up on my honour Take me over this spell Get this weight off my shoulders I've carried it well Loose these shackles of pressure Shake me out of these chains Lead me not to temptation Hold my hand harder Ease my mind Roll down the smoke screen And open the sky Let me fly Man I need a release from This troublesome mind Fix my feet when they’re stumbling And well you know it hurts sometimes You know it's gonna bleed sometimes Dig me out from this thorn tree Help me bury my shame Keep my eyes from the fire They can’t handle the flame Grace cut out from my brothers When most of them fell I carry it well Let me fly Man I need a release from This troublesome mind Fix my feet when they’re stumbling I guess you know it hurts sometimes You know it's gonna bleed sometimes Now hold on I’m not looking for sweet talk I’m looking for time Top a tower and sleep walk Brother, cause it hurts sometimes You know it's gonna bleed sometimes Hold on You know its gonna hurt sometimes When you call me Hold on Hold on Hold on I’m gonna climb that symphony home and make it mine Let his resonance light my way See, all these pessimistic sufferers tend to drag me down So I could use it to shelter what good I’ve found

Swim
  • 17m 30s
  • 900.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

Switched up the plan tonight because we had a great opportunity to OPEN WATER SWIM! The local tri club, which I am not a member of yet (but just need to mail in my check) put on a little clinic at Lake Afton. They gave some good tips before we got in.

The water was 65 degrees (someone actually brought a themometer), a little cold at first. When I got in I just kept saying to myself "HTFU! HTFU!" It worked. We did two 'swim start' simulations, out and back. Then we swam farther out and back. There was wind, thus waves, on the way back. Good practice!

This was my first wetsuit swim ever. I have heard people comment on the neck area being constricting. This was definitely the case for me. On the way out of the longer swim, I felt like it was completely choking me. I kept grabbing it and pulling it down. It was awful! Then I just said screw it and actually stopped to unzip it a little bit. This made it better. But now I'm nervous about swimming 1.2 miles feeling like something is choking me. Maybe I will get used to it, or maybe it will stretch out. We'll see.

Bike
  • 58m 20s
  • 14.86 miles
  • 15.28 Mi/hr

Rode around the lake. I started off with an older lady, who was kind of weird. We talked a little bit and then she busted out with "so... have you ever even done a triathlon?" LOL. I can't say I would ever ask anyone that, kinda rude. But whatever. She dropped me and I was by myself most of the time. Got a little lost and turned around, but made it back to the car safely.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Walking with Tom trying to find his wetsuit :( I guess he left it on top of his car when he dropped me off and it disappeared between my house and his. Totally bizarre.

Swim
  • 41m 56s
  • 2300.00 yards
  • 01m 49s /100 yards

WU: 6x50
MAIN: 3x600
CD: 1x200 (half breast)

Speaking of breast... okay. My DeSoto tri tops (bra style) from last year are kinda big on me. I know that. But they are good training tops, I swear! Except when, in the middle of the pool, I can *feel* my left n!pple exposing itself. Oops. Yeah. The top stretched out over the last year from the combination of wearing it in the chlorinated pool, wearing it a lot, and it being a size Medium. I decided to maybe get an actual swimsuit for training. LOL.

Still coughing a bit, but I was just glad to be in the pool. I love swimming.

Strength
  • 10m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunch, Twisting
Sport #1
  • Elliptical Training
  • 30m

Walked Bentley to the park after work.

Eliptical machine while Tom played soccer at the Y.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 15m

Walked Bentley to the park after work.

Eliptical machine while Tom played soccer at the Y.

Feeling better today! Still coughing and blowing my nose, but much better. Back to some volume this week! I enjoyed resting last week, but am definitely ready for some long workouts. Will actually do this week in the plan again next week because we accidentally started a week early. Glad I'm not riding today: A wind advisory has been issued by the National Weather Service for six counties in central and southcentral Kansas from noon to 10 p.m. South winds are expected to be between 20 and 30 miles an hour in Wichita this afternoon, with gusts topping 40 miles an hour.

• Health data: Sick: 1
Swim
  • 27m 32s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 50s /100 yards

1000yd TT (18:01)
2x200
1x100 easy

A little disappointed in the Time Trial.. I am still sick and congested. I had to stop multiple times, tread water, and cough. Yuck.

Strength
  • 15m

• EXERCISE

Sets
    Min
    reps
    Max
    reps
    Min
    wt.(lb)
    Max
    wt.(lb)
  • ABS - Crunches (FB)
Sport #1
  • Elliptical Training
  • 20m

At the Y waiting for Tom to finish a soccer game.

Walking all of the dogs before dinner.

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 15m

At the Y waiting for Tom to finish a soccer game.

Walking all of the dogs before dinner.

• Health data: Sick: 2
Run
  • 55m 33s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 58s /Mi

Hi. My name is Lisa, and I just PR'd my 10K time by over 4 minutes. Details in the Race Report! YAAAAA!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 25m

Walking before/after the race and walking Bentley to the park after I got home.

• Health data: Sick: 3

lisac957's Training Log

May 2008 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • Ironman Wisconsin 2021 (Triathlon)