Run
  • 46m 50s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Legs felt way better than yesterday, but I over-heated again.

Run
  • 34m 44s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 32s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Extremely tedious and hot.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Ellie Mae

Run
  • 12m 40s
  • 1.05 miles
  • 12m 04s /Mi

After work

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Logged back into My Fitness Pal over the weekend and am logging everything. Christina is doing it for a fitness program through the MS Center that she got accepted into, so I thought I'd do it with her. It's so tedious, but it works. Down 2.6 pounds already (some may be water/sweat from the long run yesterday, but I was still the same weight this morning). Instead of the 1200 calories MFP sets for me, I adjusted it so I get 1380 + half of my exercise calories. The 1200 calories thing is a bit too restrictive for me.

Also, this is the week that I start swimming again. I don't want IM training to roll around next spring and have to start all over in the pool. ESPECIALLY since Wisconsin is a lake swim with no current, no assistance, no nothing (but snakes LOL). I'm going to actually have to train consistently for this one. Need you all to keep me accountable on Friday night swims please!

Run
  • 1h 25m 18s
  • 7.01 miles
  • 12m 10s /Mi

Back on track! Told myself I could cut it to 6 miles if things went south, but I felt pretty good. Hurray for 70 degree weather!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Run
  • 11m 44s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 37s /Mi

With Ellie Mae - we got caught in the rain

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Easy trainer ride

Run
  • 12m 23s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 12m 08s /Mi

After work

Sport
  • Walking
  • 18m

Ellie Mae walk

Run
  • 16m 23s
  • 1.33 miles
  • 12m 19s /Mi

Had an all-day team off site + happy hour so this was kind of short. I'll get back on track this weekend.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Longer walk with Ellie Mae

Our team off site today was interesting. It felt a little like our leaders suddenly either listened to feedback or realized that they don't to any of this important team building stuff, then wonder why out team isn't tight. They also heard that their counterparts on our external comms team did an exercise that's basically your love language for work - how you prefer to be shown appreciation/rewarded professionally. Not surprisingly, almost 100% of our team had the highest scores in "words of affirmation" and almost 100% of our team's lowest scores were "receiving gifts" (which was clarified as NOT including salary or bonuses). Yet our leaders are the worst at verbally affirming when people have done a good job. Hopefully this opens their eyes and they start to do it organically.

My result is truly how I want to be appreciated, but I was also intentionally scoring "gifts" low because  I think it's really lazy leadership to just throw rewards points (we have a point system where points actually = money) at employees and not actually have to interact or be genuine. I can't tell you how many times my leaders have realized I was wildly overwhelmed or that I did some magic tricks to get a large volume of work done - only to have points thrown in my account with a "great job!" note attached. No conversation. No actual acknowledgement. SO LAZY!

lisac957's Training Log

October 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • July's totals
  • June's totals