Run
  • 51m 50s
  • 4.08 miles
  • 12m 42s /Mi

Easing back into running. Of course the high is only 80 today (both here and in Augusta).

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Run
  • 12m 16s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 09s /Mi
Sport
  • Walking
  • 21m

Run
  • 13m 04s
  • 1.03 miles
  • 12m 41s /Mi

92 degrees and dark at 7:30 pm.
Mad at the world and just wanted to get this over with.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Ellie Mae

Wow today had been pretty shitty at work. Completely bombarded with meeting after meeting after meeting, and I know this is going to sound totally first-world-problem, but was informed that they are taking away our 2nd bonus from everyone at the Senior Manager level (me). Senior Manager is the first level eligible for this bonus, so it was a big deal when I was promoted in 2017. Our parent company is trying to "align" and "make things more even" across all our divisions, and this was a discrepancy in how our other companies handled bonuses. I'll still get a regular bonus, and get the 2nd bonus payout for the next three years as they are awarded one year, then "pay out" 2 years later (I've gotten awards in '17, '18 and '19, so will get payouts in '20, '21 and '22). But no more awards going forward. Just for my level only. I'm a little shocked because normally our company "aligns" by being more generous, not less. For perspective, this bonus is 10-15% of my salary.

Run
  • 12m 25s
  • 1.03 miles
  • 12m 03s /Mi

Quick run before heading home.

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 19m

Run
  • 12m 10s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 03s /Mi

Quick mile before my tours today. Feeling recovered.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

Did the tour of Fort Sumter this morning - a boat ride out to the island, an hour of walking around the site and then back. This was the perfect length for me, not too long and drawn out but still fascinating. I learned that the first shots fired in the Civil War were fired at Fort Sumter.

Then in the afternoon I headed to the food/culinary tour I had booked. The food was amazing, but the tour guide was ehhhh. I didn't love her style. She kind of floored everyone when she genuinely didn't know where Idaho was (a couple in the group were from Idaho). Everyone was trying to explain geographically and she just laughed it off like yep, I'm not so smart. And there was a lady from Louisiana who kept interjecting about Louisiana and cajun food - everyone was like - we get it, you grew up in Louisiana, please stop talking haha.

The actual food was a ton of small plate tastings from the region - we had fried green tomatoes with pimento cheese, shrimp and grits (made with gouda cheese OMG), fried chicken and sweet potato waffles, succotash with fried oysters, duck confit, poached shrimp and some sort of cake at a local bakery (I only ate the icing). I got a craft cocktail at the last restaurant that was made with Tito's vodka, blueberry reduction, cane sugar and lavender bitters. So good.
All in all I loved it - food tours may be my new thing when visiting a new area.

Race Report is up!

Exploring Charleston today!

Run
  • 14m 59s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 14m 59s /Mi

Slow mile before heading to Charleston for a few days.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Walking up and down King Street in Charleston. Had a great sushi dinner.

Swim
  • 35m 42s
  • 2096.11 yards
  • 01m 42s /100 yards

Good swim - very slow current compared to years past. I was expecting closer to 30 minutes, but 35 is still definitely faster than I would be without any current.

Bike
  • 3h 39m 42s
  • 55.65 miles
  • 15.20 Mi/hr

Deceivingly tough course. The "big hills" were all sustained, long climbs. And we all know how much climbs slow me down LOL! I was expecting closer to 16 mph average but am definitely happy with how this turned out. Fun course.

Run
  • 3h 24m 56s
  • 13.04 miles
  • 15m 43s /Mi

Then I fell apart! I 100% anticipated the heat, so I can't be surprised that I walked a lot of this. I ran my intervals for the first 2 miles then it was just too much. Got dizzy before mile 2 and was genuinely afraid of a health issue. 99 degree heat index when I finished. Yes disappointed, but no not surprised with the heat. Maybe some day I can find a race with temps in the 70s where you don't risk hypothermia out of the water. I'd shine there :)

Sport #1
  • Transitions
  • 06m

T1

Sport #2
  • Transitions
  • 05m

T2

Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 30m

The insanely awful walk to pick up my bike - and back. More in my race report, but this is likely the biggest reason I wouldn't recommend this race, especially to solo racers. The logistics were a nightmare.

lisac957's Training Log

October 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Run)
    11/28/2019 Atlanta, Georgia
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2019 totals
  • 2018 totals