• 11m 29s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 23s /Mi

Treadmill before swimming

Swim
  • 23m 05s
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 01m 55s /100 yards

Look at me, I swam! Had to laugh when the sign said the pool heater was broken; water temp 81 degrees. This pool is usually around 84. Felt so good!

I'm down exactly 2 pounds since last Friday - win! Measuring and weighing and logging everything that goes into my mouth is certainly tedious, but man it sure works for me. First goal is 7 more pounds down, then I'll re-assess. 

Caved and turned on the heater last night. It was 34 degrees this morning, and I 100% welcome this weather! I always hated cold weather as a kid, but in terms of running outdoors, it's so much better on my body. 8-mile long run this weekend, and I got a new bladder for my hydration pack so I won't have to stick to the River Walk for the water fountain (which might be shut down anyway due to the weather). This one came with a hangar to dry it out and a cleaning package - genius. 

Aaaand finally went ahead and purchased my London sight-seeing stuff. I had been putting that off, but bought my tickets for a Soho evening food tour the night I arrive (get in early morning, hoping to take a nap as soon as I can check in to the hotel), the London Pass (3-day) so I don't have to decide which attractions I want to see right now, a pre-loaded Oyster card (public transportation) and since the London Eye was not included in the London Pass, I got a fast track ticket for that because that's the one thing I 100% want to do. I also should be receiving today a universal power adapter and a PacSafe fanny pack thing for traveling (cut-resistant, RFID-blocking, sits flat under clothes and can hold passport, cards, money, etc.). I think I'm done!

Run
  • 34m 42s
  • 3.03 miles
  • 11m 27s /Mi

It rained all day, but there was a break just after 4 p.m. so I jetted outdoors for my run! Cold front moving through so temps in the low 50s and windy. SUPER proud of my speed on my normal hilly route, especially my middle mile (ok flat but still) coming in at 10:47!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 05m

Cold and wet with Ellie Mae. She gets so dirty and wet on her belly, even on short walks.

By coincidence, I'm working from home today AND it's Halloween. Which is a stroke of sheer luck because #traffic. And it's raining so #doubletraffic. And i'ts Halloween so #tripletraffic.  I have no idea why, but the second sprinkles fall from the sky, Atlanta drivers lose their collective minds on the road. Accidents everywhere, immediate dead standstills on every highway and side street, it's insane. I'm incredibly happy to be in my PJs snuggling Ellie Mae all day while everyone else scrambles to get on and off the roads for trick or treating. 

And speaking of my sassy sausage, I waited too long to look for a Halloween costume, so she's a Chipotle burrito LOL! Maybe I'll get something on clearance this weekend for next year.

Run
  • 46m 50s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 11m 41s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Legs felt way better than yesterday, but I over-heated again.

Run
  • 34m 44s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 32s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Extremely tedious and hot.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Ellie Mae

Run
  • 12m 40s
  • 1.05 miles
  • 12m 04s /Mi

After work

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Logged back into My Fitness Pal over the weekend and am logging everything. Christina is doing it for a fitness program through the MS Center that she got accepted into, so I thought I'd do it with her. It's so tedious, but it works. Down 2.6 pounds already (some may be water/sweat from the long run yesterday, but I was still the same weight this morning). Instead of the 1200 calories MFP sets for me, I adjusted it so I get 1380 + half of my exercise calories. The 1200 calories thing is a bit too restrictive for me.

Also, this is the week that I start swimming again. I don't want IM training to roll around next spring and have to start all over in the pool. ESPECIALLY since Wisconsin is a lake swim with no current, no assistance, no nothing (but snakes LOL). I'm going to actually have to train consistently for this one. Need you all to keep me accountable on Friday night swims please!

Run
  • 1h 25m 18s
  • 7.01 miles
  • 12m 10s /Mi

Back on track! Told myself I could cut it to 6 miles if things went south, but I felt pretty good. Hurray for 70 degree weather!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 13m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Run
  • 11m 44s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 37s /Mi

With Ellie Mae - we got caught in the rain

Bike
  • 45m
  • 12.00 miles