Run
  • 1h 00m 09s
  • 5.03 miles
  • 11m 58s /Mi

Nice afternoon run. 55 degrees and sunny.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Run
  • 11m 45s
  • 1.00 miles
  • -----

Home treadmill, raining all day.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • -----

Trainer

Run
  • 11m 10s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 04s /Mi

Treadmill at the swim gym

Swim
  • 27m 17s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 49s /100 yards

Did some speed work tonight so my average pace was fast!

Run
  • 35m 06s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 11m 42s /Mi

Busy day, with stuff over lunch and all the way into tonight - we're celebrating Christina's promotion at a little happy hour tonight. So I did this at like 10:45 a.m. in the work gym. Felt good once I got going!

RUN STREAK DAY 365!
My ‘word’ for 2019 was “movement” – an idea that began last Thanksgiving when I decided to do a 40-day run streak until New Year’s Day. I had no idea I would keep going for an entire year – but I did! For the past 365 consecutive days, I’ve ran at least one mile every. single. day. I also extended my goal to include at least 30 minutes of daily movement (adding in swimming, biking, walking or yoga), but that just doesn’t have the same ring as a run streak.
#
What did my run streak look like? I ran in 12 cities, 7 states, 3 countries and on a cruise ship in the middle of an ocean. I ran in the morning, on my lunch break, after work and past my bed time. I ran in crisp sunshine, pitch dark, 100+ degree heat and pouring rain. Over roads, trails, treadmills and finish lines, I covered 908.49 miles (you better believe I did the math). I ran when it was the only thing I wanted to do, and I ran when it was the last thing I wanted to do. But I ran.
#
My final goal is to continue into next week to complete a Thanksgiving-to-Thanksgiving run streak. I thought about continuing on, but I’m proud and content with what I’ve done. Cheers to unrelenting consistency, and more so, a complete rest day soon.

Run
  • 49m 04s
  • 4.01 miles
  • 12m 14s /Mi

Switched my work from home day this week so I headed out the door right before 5 p.m. I listened in on a work call for most of this (that ran until 5:30), knowing I wouldn't have to talk or contribute. Crisp weather as the sun set - 58 degrees when I finished.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae - ran for a little bit with her to get some energy out.

Ordered one last thing for my London trip today. I'm such a sucker for ads and recommendations. This one wasn't an ad, but in a blog article from Scott's Cheap Flights (where I find my under $500 round trip flights to Europe!) about gifts for travelers. In their walking shoes section, I patted myself on the back for already having Rothys shoes, but then there was a recommendation for this waterproof sneaker and I remembered that it rains a ton in London, and my Rothys are probably not going to cut it for cold, wet conditions. So naturally I immediately ordered a pair. They're cute enough and hopefully comfy enough that I'm planning on wearing them 90% of my trip!

Run
  • 34m 29s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 28s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Trying to will my running shoes to hang on until Black Friday. For some reason, this pair of Asics started developing holes by my pinkie toes (both feet) a number of weeks ago. Usually I get worn holes on the top by my big toe area, and near the end of their life, so this is new. And EARLY for this much wear and tear. I just hit 200 miles on this pair today!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Ellie Mae walk

Doing the math in anticipation of run streak day 365 (Thursday) - you'll have to wait until then to see my total mileage and other statistics . Still can't believe I've kept this going for an entire year! I've thought about continuing, but have decided I'm content and proud of what I've accomplished. And I need some true rest days in this off season leading up to the start of IM training. 

Run
  • 11m 36s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 29s /Mi

Treadmill after work

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 22m

lisac957's Training Log

November 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2