Run
  • 12m 12s
  • 1.04 miles
  • 11m 44s /Mi

Probably my last “just one mile” run for awhile! 70 degrees.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Ellie Mae

65 degrees and rainy this morning, lots of weather swings going on in my neck of the woods. Weather tomorrow is looking good - dry and 45-60 degree temperature range. Probably full length leggings and a long sleeved shirt. I'll be sitting around a lot before and after the race so the sleeves will be useful.

Only plans for today is to make a sweet potato/pumpkin pie and get my turkey breast in a brine for overnight. And go to bed early!

Also - I ordered the Garmin  - I have a hard time justifying $150 more for the same product a couple of months down the road. Think I can probably get $150 for my used 735 - need to post that on the tri club's Facebook page.

Run
  • 23m 16s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 11m 35s /Mi

Treadmill after getting out of work a little early. I was originally going to work tomorrow, but I’m at a good place where I can just check email and not worry about much else. So essentially off work till Monday!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Ellie Mae walk

Question of the day: Do I take advantage of a Black Friday Garmin sale and upgrade my Garmin earlier than I planned? I decided I wanted to go with the Fenix line, which is pricey, but I could save $150 by ordering it now. Doooo eeeet? Or wait until I had planned (bonus time next year)? 

Planning on selling my Forerunner 735 but doubt I'll get a whole lot for it. (anyone in the market? I've used it 2 seasons and it's the rare pink edition)... it's a great little watch but doesn't have the battery life I need for Ironman.

Run
  • 11m 35s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 28s /Mi

Treadmill after work

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 09m

Ellie Mae

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Trying to figure out how to get to the race Thanksgiving morning. It's NOT on a MARTA line (starts at Georgia State Stadium), and pre-race info says parking will be extremely limiting, advising self-drivers to arrive prior to 6 a.m. My wave goes off at 7:57 a.m. 

They did give a Lyft code (both for new and returning users which was nice), but I'm having a hard time believing there will be plenty of Lyft drivers available super early Thanksgiving morning? So it's either leave the house at 5:15 a.m. to drive myself, or take a chance and try to get a Lyft around 6:30 a.m. This is taking up way more space in my head than it should.

OK I think I have a plan thanks to my tri club friends. I can do a combination of MARTA + MARTA bus to get there on public transit. Never taken a bus before, but it will be an adventure! Worst case, it's a mile and a half by foot from the train station. 

Run
  • 1h 00m 09s
  • 5.03 miles
  • 11m 58s /Mi

Nice afternoon run. 55 degrees and sunny.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

Run
  • 11m 45s
  • 1.00 miles
  • -----

Home treadmill, raining all day.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • -----

Trainer

Run
  • 11m 10s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 04s /Mi

Treadmill at the swim gym

Swim
  • 27m 17s
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 01m 49s /100 yards

Did some speed work tonight so my average pace was fast!

Run
  • 35m 06s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 11m 42s /Mi

Busy day, with stuff over lunch and all the way into tonight - we're celebrating Christina's promotion at a little happy hour tonight. So I did this at like 10:45 a.m. in the work gym. Felt good once I got going!

RUN STREAK DAY 365!
My ‘word’ for 2019 was “movement” – an idea that began last Thanksgiving when I decided to do a 40-day run streak until New Year’s Day. I had no idea I would keep going for an entire year – but I did! For the past 365 consecutive days, I’ve ran at least one mile every. single. day. I also extended my goal to include at least 30 minutes of daily movement (adding in swimming, biking, walking or yoga), but that just doesn’t have the same ring as a run streak.
#
What did my run streak look like? I ran in 12 cities, 7 states, 3 countries and on a cruise ship in the middle of an ocean. I ran in the morning, on my lunch break, after work and past my bed time. I ran in crisp sunshine, pitch dark, 100+ degree heat and pouring rain. Over roads, trails, treadmills and finish lines, I covered 908.49 miles (you better believe I did the math). I ran when it was the only thing I wanted to do, and I ran when it was the last thing I wanted to do. But I ran.
#
My final goal is to continue into next week to complete a Thanksgiving-to-Thanksgiving run streak. I thought about continuing on, but I’m proud and content with what I’ve done. Cheers to unrelenting consistency, and more so, a complete rest day soon.

lisac957's Training Log

November 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • December's totals
  • November's totals