Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Just a dog walk today! Did a bunch of house cleaning, laundry, dishes, baked cookies, grocery store, made a fantastic leftover turkey/rice chowder. Now my only leftovers are gravy and pie - will toss the gravy (or maybe freeze it in an ice cube tray, saw that as a tip on TV) and I'm proud of myself for not inhaling the entire pie. I intentionally made a pie that I wouldn't want to pick and and eat, but I'll probably have to throw half of it out. It was good! But not good enough to inhale.

The cookies I made today were a test run for Christmas. My sweet grandma always bakes (and now travels with) Christmas cookies for the family. Last year we frosted them at my sister's house. The only kicker is that 3 of us are gluten free and one is dairy free, so four of us can't eat her cookies. I decided to try my hand at a gluten free, dairy free (and nut free) sugar cut-out cookie. I actually used butter today, but the recipe says you can sub with crisco for dairy free. They were so great! And I got meringue powder to make royal icing (YES I WATCH TOO MUCH FOOD NETWORK) and quickly realized I am not good at piping icing. It was fun though! I'll make a batch for Christmas to ice alongside grandma's cookies.

I'm down a rabbit hole of planning for Ironman Wisconsin - researching AirBnb and VRBO properties, car rentals, flights. I can book a nonstop flight right now for $246 round trip - that seems cheap! Trying to decide if I head back home the day after the race or wait until that Tuesday. For Chattanooga, I felt fine enough that I could have gone home Monday, but it was nice to just relax for a day. 

Swim
  • 30m 37s
  • 1600.00 yards
  • 01m 55s /100 yards

Still determined to swim through the winter, and the gym was only open until 2 p.m. today. So I forced myself to get out of my PJs and get in the pool. Water wasn't as warm today, and it felt good! My new Garmin was waiting for me when I got home. IT'S SO PRETTY!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 11m

Ellie Mae

I didn't run today for the first time in 373 days! It was a little weird, but I think I'll be OK 
I don't think I'll do a "long run' this weekend as the half marathon was just yesterday. But will pick back up after next weekend as I'll be doing the Tallahassee Half Marathon in February with my sister. Sounds fun, eh!

Run
  • 2h 42m 30s
  • 13.36 miles
  • 12m 10s /Mi

Had such a great race today! Wasn't sure if I was going to do my run/walk interval or walk the hills or what, so I just started out running the whole time. With only a few walks up the ends of hills and through aid stations, I made it to 7.5 before "stopping to walk" intentionally. But then I'd have a long spurt of feeling good, so didn't really walk on any sort of interval - just when I needed to. Really surprised at my average pace and that I felt great the whole time! Yay!

Weather was awful, bitter cold at the start. Wind chills in the 30s (and windy). Glad I switched my plan this morning and wore my fleece lined running hoodie instead of a long sleeved thin t-shirt. Didn't take my gloves off until mile 9. Took one gel at mile 8 and it hit the spot. Great day all around! Happy END OF RUN STREAK to me!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 30m

After the race to the train station. I started my Garmin to see how long and far it was - 1.43 miles and 30 minutes. This was the walk I would have had to do if I hadn't of figured out the bus situation in the morning. It was too complicated to figure out for afterwards.

Wow they emailed race photos before I even got home! And free to download! 

Run
  • 12m 12s
  • 1.04 miles
  • 11m 44s /Mi

Probably my last “just one mile” run for awhile! 70 degrees.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Ellie Mae

65 degrees and rainy this morning, lots of weather swings going on in my neck of the woods. Weather tomorrow is looking good - dry and 45-60 degree temperature range. Probably full length leggings and a long sleeved shirt. I'll be sitting around a lot before and after the race so the sleeves will be useful.

Only plans for today is to make a sweet potato/pumpkin pie and get my turkey breast in a brine for overnight. And go to bed early!

Also - I ordered the Garmin  - I have a hard time justifying $150 more for the same product a couple of months down the road. Think I can probably get $150 for my used 735 - need to post that on the tri club's Facebook page.

Run
  • 23m 16s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 11m 35s /Mi

Treadmill after getting out of work a little early. I was originally going to work tomorrow, but I’m at a good place where I can just check email and not worry about much else. So essentially off work till Monday!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 09m

Ellie Mae walk

Question of the day: Do I take advantage of a Black Friday Garmin sale and upgrade my Garmin earlier than I planned? I decided I wanted to go with the Fenix line, which is pricey, but I could save $150 by ordering it now. Doooo eeeet? Or wait until I had planned (bonus time next year)? 

Planning on selling my Forerunner 735 but doubt I'll get a whole lot for it. (anyone in the market? I've used it 2 seasons and it's the rare pink edition)... it's a great little watch but doesn't have the battery life I need for Ironman.

Run
  • 11m 35s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 28s /Mi

Treadmill after work

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 09m

Ellie Mae

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 20m

Trying to figure out how to get to the race Thanksgiving morning. It's NOT on a MARTA line (starts at Georgia State Stadium), and pre-race info says parking will be extremely limiting, advising self-drivers to arrive prior to 6 a.m. My wave goes off at 7:57 a.m. 

They did give a Lyft code (both for new and returning users which was nice), but I'm having a hard time believing there will be plenty of Lyft drivers available super early Thanksgiving morning? So it's either leave the house at 5:15 a.m. to drive myself, or take a chance and try to get a Lyft around 6:30 a.m. This is taking up way more space in my head than it should.

OK I think I have a plan thanks to my tri club friends. I can do a combination of MARTA + MARTA bus to get there on public transit. Never taken a bus before, but it will be an adventure! Worst case, it's a mile and a half by foot from the train station. 

Run
  • 1h 00m 09s
  • 5.03 miles
  • 11m 58s /Mi

Nice afternoon run. 55 degrees and sunny.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Cool down with Ellie Mae

lisac957's Training Log

November 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30