Run
  • 35m 41s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 52s /Mi

Treadmill after work. Feeling heavy and bloated.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Ellie Mae

At work, we've been having little bake-offs all month, and I signed up to bring something today. I made these awesome gluten free peppermint oreo truffles (used Glutino brand "oreos") - I had so many people ask about them, especially since so many people have GF family members and these are so easy to make. But one of the new guys on our team blew everyone else's entries away with a three-layer ombre cake, meticulously star-piped with buttercream - all in our company brand colors. OUR COMPANY BRAND COLORS, both inside and out, with the logo on the top. It was amazing. I did not win.

OH, and the gift at the party last night was not that great. It was a build your own terrarium thing with little succulents and rocks and stuff. Cute, but not at the level they've done before. 

Not running today, because (*** checks notes ***) I made an effort to curl my hair for a holiday party thing after work and don't want to mess it up . With my track record of consistency, I'm not terribly worried about missing a 2-mile run in the first week of my half marathon training plan. And my hair is super cute! I got a new curling wand set, one where you can interchange 5 different sizes of wants. I've been experimenting with which one my hair looks best with and I found a winner. Tonight's event is hosted by a vendor we work with and they're famous for gifting REALLY nice stuff at their holiday parties. I went 2 years ago (they didn't have one last year, or at least not for us) and the gift was a huge basket with all of the things needed to make the Puerto Rican holiday drink Coquito and the recipe. Super fun - can't wait to see what we get tonight.

Run
  • 35m 19s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 44s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Why are my glutes so sore?! Super warm and sweaty.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 05m

Quick walk with Ellie Mae. Cold front moved through so it’s chilly out now.

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 13m

Ellie Mae

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 15m

Whooop I sold my old Garmin on eBay! I put it online after I got back in town last week and set a "buy it now" price of $150. Boom - so glad because this offsets the price of my new one 

Run
  • 50m 10s
  • 4.05 miles
  • 12m 23s /Mi

I ran! My legs weren't too thrilled about it, but I got out there anyway. 60 degrees (sorry people who are getting snow!). Wore long sleeves but definitely should have gone with short sleeves.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 11m

Cool down with Ellie Mae.

After some Googling, I quickly realized when I was in London I ate chicken tiki masala, not chicken tandoori, and I recreated it tonight. It was UNBELIEVABLY good! I even made some gluten free naan - it wasn't terribly authentic as it was a "quick naan" but close enough. I can't believe I'd never really eaten Indian food before - the spice combinations are some of the best I've ever tasted. Going to make a turmeric rice tomorrow night for the leftovers. 

Also, I binge-finished the Prime Video show Fleabag this weekend - SO GOOD. I'm so sad there won't be any more seasons. It's British-raunchy, so some mature content. But jeez I could not stop watching it! I read that the creator (who is also the lead actress) said she wanted to end the series on a high note instead of stretching it out and diluting it with more episodes. And that the season 2 ending was perfect (it was). It was just nominated for a slew of awards, Emmys, Golden Globes, etc. I hope it wins everything!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.86 miles
  • -----

Got on the trainer!

Can't believe I'm working so few days in December. Between my London trip and Christmas I'm in the office for 10 days this month LOL! We have our staff holiday party at noon today, then we are free to go home. But I'll just be working at home because I have a big thing I need to send around Monday. I'd rather do it at home though, so all is well.

An annoying side note - a couple of my co-workers live "in the city" and take the train to work most days. And on days like today when we have staff outings, they ALWAYS are asking for rides. It's mildly annoying, but not a huge deal. This one gal today asked Christina for a ride - she said OK - but then said can we wait until 12:30 to leave? The thing starts at noon! And it's a 10-minute drive. I dunno... TAKE AN UBER whenever you're ready?! I have such little tolerance for that kind of thing these days. You CHOSE to live in the city and CHOSE to not drive one of your two BMWs today... it's kind of up to you to figure it out, no? LOL

lisac957's Training Log

December 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals