Drove to Tallahassee and my sister's Christmas party was tonight. Great time hanging out with family and Brenda and Todd's friends. 

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Took Ellie Mae to the mailboxes and back. Still drizzling - we haven't seen the sun in 3+ days. Ellie Mae got wicked dirty from the rain and how low she is to the ground, so I promptly gave her a bath afterwards and had to wash her harness.

Spent about 4 hours baking today - cut out sugar cookies, cranberry orange muffins and a double batch of lemon squares. And cranberry sauce since I had leftover cranberries and oranges. Everything is gluten free, dairy free and nut free since four out of nine people in my family have dietary restrictions (including me!). I wanted everything I bring to be safe for everyone - I have a couple of childhood memories of treats brought into our house and not being able to eat most of them. And a grandmother urging me to "just try one bite" of things that would make me violently ill. The great thing is that in the year 2019, there are so many recipes and substitutions for every allergen. Just subbing gluten free/dairy free flour and Earth Balance will do for almost any recipe - and it's not hard to sub. I love baking!

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.77 miles
  • -----

Tough trainer ride after a day of both relaxing and getting some stuff done. I'm SUPER ENJOYING not being at work for a week and a half already. Slept in, lazed around the house, cleaned a little, hit up 2 grocery stores, filled the gas tank, colored my hair and did my nails. Tomorrow is my baking and packing day before heading south Tuesday.

Run
  • 59m 40s
  • 5.05 miles
  • 11m 49s /Mi

Had to wait for a break in the rain, which wasn't until 4 p.m. Bundled up as the temps were in the low 40s. Felt so much better than last weekend, and my pace is way better too. Back in the groove.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Ellie Mae

Bike
  • 55m
  • 14.80 miles
  • 16.15 Mi/hr

Shana's spin class over lunch - love and miss this class, even though the Christmas music made my ears bleed a little bit. She does a good job of rotating in hip hop songs so it wasn't all Christmas. Felt really good.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

Ellie Mae

Run
  • 35m 41s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 52s /Mi

Treadmill after work. Feeling heavy and bloated.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 06m

Ellie Mae

At work, we've been having little bake-offs all month, and I signed up to bring something today. I made these awesome gluten free peppermint oreo truffles (used Glutino brand "oreos") - I had so many people ask about them, especially since so many people have GF family members and these are so easy to make. But one of the new guys on our team blew everyone else's entries away with a three-layer ombre cake, meticulously star-piped with buttercream - all in our company brand colors. OUR COMPANY BRAND COLORS, both inside and out, with the logo on the top. It was amazing. I did not win.

OH, and the gift at the party last night was not that great. It was a build your own terrarium thing with little succulents and rocks and stuff. Cute, but not at the level they've done before. 

Not running today, because (*** checks notes ***) I made an effort to curl my hair for a holiday party thing after work and don't want to mess it up . With my track record of consistency, I'm not terribly worried about missing a 2-mile run in the first week of my half marathon training plan. And my hair is super cute! I got a new curling wand set, one where you can interchange 5 different sizes of wants. I've been experimenting with which one my hair looks best with and I found a winner. Tonight's event is hosted by a vendor we work with and they're famous for gifting REALLY nice stuff at their holiday parties. I went 2 years ago (they didn't have one last year, or at least not for us) and the gift was a huge basket with all of the things needed to make the Puerto Rican holiday drink Coquito and the recipe. Super fun - can't wait to see what we get tonight.

lisac957's Training Log

December 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • February's totals
  • January's totals