Run
  • 12m 22s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 12m 14s /Mi

Had too much fun last night and a long run wasn’t going to happen. Just a mile for the run streak.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Ellie Mae

Bike
  • 2h 48m 49s
  • 45.18 miles
  • 16.06 Mi/hr

Didn’t feel like driving over an hour to the Tri club ride at Silk Sheets. Would have likely taken 2 hours to drive home. So I headed to Silver Comet Trail solo and had a great ride. Had to get off the bike 3 miles from the end as my hot foot was getting unbearable. Saw an armadillo, random!

Run
  • 17m 24s
  • 1.50 miles
  • 11m 36s /Mi

Brick run, woooo my pace! (Because it’s flat, but still)

Swim
  • 34m 58s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 01m 56s /100 yards

I swam! Slowly but surely.

Run
  • 12m 41s
  • 1.03 miles
  • 12m 19s /Mi
Sport
  • Walking
  • 10m

Found out yesterday that my former boss from my old company passed away. I knew he had been battling brain cancer, but it's never easy to hear news like that. My Dad knew him, too, and he reminded me of my Dad in some ways.

BUUUUUUUt in better news, we are celebrating Christina's bday tomorrow night with Mexican food and a drag show in Midtown. I'm SO looking forward to this! 

I will swim tonight. I will swim tonight. I will swim tonight. 

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 32.60 miles
  • -----

Trainer ride.

Run
  • 12m 17s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 12m 02s /Mi

Early evening with Ellie Mae

Haven't worked from home in so long, so doing it today is much appreciated. Yesterday our parent company announced a pilot for Atlanta employees for "flex work" - meaning if your manager approves, you can flex your work schedule and location in a number of ways (telework multiple days a week, 4/10s, shift your start/start times each day, etc.). I'm trying to find a balance of supporting the trial and knowing that our department leaders aren't as supportive as their words suggest. Our VP is a little old school and makes comments when people aren't in the office by 9 a.m. (even though they may have made other arrangements) - that kind of thing. And my direct manager is trying so hard to fight her old school mentality - she also is supportive in her words, but it's 100% obvious that it makes her wildly uncomfortable. I can't wait until teleworking is the norm instead of the exception!

My proposal to my boss is to work from home on Thursdays, but use common sense to come in to the office if I have face-to-face meetings I need to show up for. If I can do this consistently, it will save me an hour of driving every week!

Run
  • 51m 11s
  • 4.05 miles
  • 12m 38s /Mi

Kinda late run. Had a work meeting run past 5 p.m. so got home a little late. Then chatted with my sister hatching a plan to run the Tallahassee marathon together in February! HASHTAG TALLY2020! I'm pretty excited about (potentially) running another marathon with my sister!
Anyway, this run was nice - temps have dropped so it was 83 degrees. Still warm and super sweaty, but a nice change from head indexes in the mid-90s. Also totally randomly do any of you remember MilaMinute from here on BT? She doesn't post anymore, but we've remained connected on Facebook and she lives in Roswell near me. I saw her and her kids SUPing and kayaking on the Chattahoochee River! I was up above on a bridge crossing the river so didn't want to scare them, but I confirmed it was her on FB when I got home. How fun! And it makes me want to get a kayak or SUP!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 11m

With Ellie Mae

Run
  • 40m 11s
  • 3.55 miles
  • 11m 19s /Mi

Lunch run in the work gym. Snagged the very last treadmill at noon. Lots of hot air being huffed and puffed around me. Then my ear buds randomly died (at full charge!) and I had to listen to the gal next to me almost whimper as she ran. I can't wait for my new iPhone renewal in September so I can finally use plugged in headphones again. My current phone's headphone jack hasn't worked for almost a year, and I refuse to spend $200 on airpods. I bought a $50 pair and they are wildly hit and miss if they work or not.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.12 miles
  • -----

Trainer

Sport
  • Walking
  • 12m

With Ellie Mae

Run
  • 11m 05s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 10m 52s /Mi

Lunch mile

Sport
  • Walking
  • 23m

Lunch treadmill walking + Ellie Mae walk

I got to hang out with Laura (Whizzzzz) over the weekend! BT OGs that’s for sure!

lisac957's Training Log

July 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Run)
    11/28/2019 Atlanta, Georgia
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2019 totals
  • 2018 totals