The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Run
  • 13m 01s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 12m 46s /Mi

Didn’t get home until almost 7 pm and a thunderstorm rolled through, zapping power (y’all think I’m exaggerating, I’m not. Every storm.). Power came back on but cable/internet down for the count. Made dinner, ate, cleaned up Ellie Maes pee in the house for the 2nd day in a row. Finally got outside in the dark, even though this was by far the last thing I wanted to do. Saw the Comcast truck so at least they’re on it.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.55 miles
  • -----

Couldn’t wait for this to be over so I could go to bed. One of those days. Silver lining was the cable and internet flipped back on. Horray.

Work busy-ness with a big event coming up next week and handling executives who are stuck in old ways of delivering presentations. Please let me never grow old and be this hard to work with! Another person on our larger team just resigned (MIND BLOWN... she's been here for less than a year), and Christina is interviewing at another company tomorrow . She should absolutely be considered for the role that abruptly opened up last week, but she's afraid that they're going to change the role to where she won't want to, or be qualified to, apply. Our leadership is not a huge fan of her career advancement, even though she's a hard worker and has done everything right. I don't blame her for looking around, but I would be crushed to lose my WorkBFF.

Changing my run to a spin tonight as I have a meeting scheduled for 5 p.m. (WHO DOES THAT) and just want to go home.

Run
  • 40m 04s
  • 3.54 miles
  • 11m 19s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Felt good today.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.62 miles
  • -----

Trainer

Sport
  • Walking
  • 07m

Short walk with the heat index at 104.

Run
  • 11m 12s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 05s /Mi

Lunch treadmill for the run streak.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Extra minutes walking at an incline + Ellie Mae walk

Saturday morning before the tri club ride and after the somber tribute, the coaches also acknowledged a team mate who was hitting Day 1,000 of her run streak! So awesome. It made me think that my little two hundred sixty something days is chump change, but then I reminded myself that comparison is the thief of joy. I can celebrate my team mate's 1,000 day streak and also be proud of myself 

Also, update on my at-home gel manicure experiment! Last week's fist manicure was a little messy, but it stayed on like a champ. I only re-did it last night because I was tired of looking at it (if you saw it from far away, it was fine, but up close not so much). But last night's manicure looks amazing! It took me about an hour to soak off the old gel and get the nails buffed, shaped, etc. and put the new color on, but I was also doing things around the kitchen at the same time. And watching Big Brother. So - a great use of that otherwise "on the couch" time. If anyone's interested, I'll link to what I bought on Amazon - all together everything was less than $60, which is the cost of two manicures before tipping. I feel so smart for doing this!

Soak-off clips/kit
Buffer blocks/nail files
Gel polish (6 colors + base and top coat)
Gel UV nail lamp

Run
  • 1h 42m 32s
  • 8.01 miles
  • 12m 48s /Mi

I got out at 10 am which is late for most runners, but felt early for me. Struggled a lot with the extreme humidity and heat index at 98 when I finished. Judging from my weight after, I estimate I lost 3-4 pounds in sweat. Had to stop multiple times to settle my heart rate and gasping breathing. Rough.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 11m

Bike
  • 3h 31m 33s
  • 50.50 miles
  • 14.32 Mi/hr

Tri club ride! Started off very somber. One of the coaches suddenly passed away in her sleep last week, leaving behind her husband and twin boys under a year old. Her funeral was yesterday. The head coach made a little tribute speech and was crying. It was so sad. They had made helmet stickers and temporary tattoos in her honor. I didn’t know her but it was still so emotional.

Started riding thinking I’d be solo, but when I stopped for a teammate who had chain issues, another guy stopped and said he was riding the 48 loop so we decided to stick together. My new friend Chris! He was a bit slower than me, and talked nonstop, so this was slower than i would have liked. But nice to have company. I did get a little behind on nutrition because most of the route smelled strongly of chicken processing, barfffff. Had to breathe through my mouth for many miles and physically gagged once.

Got chased by one dog and only dropped my chain once. Nice ride otherwise!

Run
  • 22m 39s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 11m 16s /Mi

Upped the brick run to 2 miles. Felt good!

Sport
  • Walking
  • 15m

Ellie Mae

Run
  • 11m 18s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 11s /Mi

Treadmill before swimming

Swim
  • 42m 02s
  • 2200.00 yards
  • 01m 55s /100 yards

Another “ok” swim. Gotta start bringing a snack, super hungry.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 07m

Quick walk with Ellie Mae

Bike
  • 2h 00m
  • 31.94 miles
  • 15.97 Mi/hr

Trainer ride split up into two chunks. One over lunch and one after logging off of work.

Run
  • 13m 05s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 12m 50s /Mi

Took Ellie Mae out even though the real temps were in the 90s... I took a number of breaks with her to make sure she was OK.

In way more positive work news, one of our top leaders personally requested me to help with scripting and run-of-show for their huge leadership conference (1,000+ leaders) in Vegas in October. She was a co-host for the big exec event I worked in 2018 and apparently I made a great impression. So, I will be out in Las Vegas for this event RIGHT BEFORE Christina and I's trip to Vegas to see Lady Gaga. It will likely make more sense for me to stay in Vegas rather than fly back and forth, I'll have to figure that out. But I have to admit it's nice to be acknowledged and rewarded with such a fun project.

lisac957's Training Log

August 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • Ironman Augusta 70.3 (Triathlon)
    9/29/2019 Augusta, Georgia