Bike
  • 3h 30m 39s
  • 51.48 miles
  • 14.66 Mi/hr

Tri club ride with my buddy from last week, Chris. This time we were out on the "Silk Sheets" routes, which are an hour+ drive the other direction from the other normal tri club routes. Beautiful morning, even shivering a bit at the start with the temps just below 70. But it warmed up swiftly, and without a cloud in the sky.

I was super grateful Chris was there today, because of course no one else was riding my pace and the route is NOT marked well. We stopped a lot in the first half trying to figure out where to go. He had grabbed a printed map which helped immensely.

This route is a bit hillier than the other, my Garmin logged 2,200 feet of climbing compared to 1,800 last week. Chris's Garmin logged 2,700 feet - who knows. It was certainly hilly though. I didn't drop my chain until mile 48 today - semi victory there. And I intentionally rode ahead of Chris the whole time so I could go a bit faster than last week without getting caught up in conversations where I'd feel like I had to slow down. Good compromise.

Run
  • 24m 02s
  • 2.02 miles
  • 11m 54s /Mi

Brick run - Chris decided to go with me even though I warned him I'm slow! And you had to run hills in either direction from where everyone parked, so walked up some of those. Steamy out by this time - 93 degrees actual temp. Thank goodness for the tri club's ice water coolers - so refreshing.

Run
  • 35m 57s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 11m 59s /Mi

Lunch run - outdoors from home, and the other half of yesterday's run. Warm (heat index 93) but I felt really good. Surprised myself with my pace on the hills. I think mid-day is just when I have the most energy, especially with shorter runs.

Swim
  • 45m 08s
  • 2400.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

Finally, a good swim! Felt fairly strong and steady the whole time. I've gotten into the 400/300/200 (pull)/100 ladders lately.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 07m

Quick walk with Ellie Mae

We've now entered the phase of event planning and presentation prep where I have an executive asking for, and I quote, "cooler looking circles" on his slide. Sir, I've gotcha. Slapped on a gradient outline in your brand colors, changed the primary color, added a drop shadow, bolded that text. Your circles are now the coolest on the block! 

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.10 miles
  • -----

Spin bike over lunch - making up for the hour I missed yesterday. My work from home day shifted to tomorrow since I had a meeting with our COO this morning. Watched last night's episode of Big Brother on my phone during this.

Run
  • 30m 04s
  • 2.66 miles
  • 11m 18s /Mi

Forgot to hang up my workout clothes after my lunch spin, so had to do this in damp gear. Decided to cut my 65 minute run into half today, half tomorrow. Didn't feel overly peppy tonight, and didn't want to get home after 7 again.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 14m

Walking Ellie Mae while talking to my sweet grandma on the phone. She randomly sent me a dress in the mail without a note, so I had to know what the story was. Turns out, she was just cleaning things out and thought it looked like something I would wear. It's definitely vintage - sleeveless and floor length. I need to try it on, but gaaaah she is so sweet. Said she remembered wearing it in Jamaica on vacation (probably in the 70s!) and feeling so beautiful in it. <3

Run
  • 13m 01s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 12m 46s /Mi

Didn’t get home until almost 7 pm and a thunderstorm rolled through, zapping power (y’all think I’m exaggerating, I’m not. Every storm.). Power came back on but cable/internet down for the count. Made dinner, ate, cleaned up Ellie Maes pee in the house for the 2nd day in a row. Finally got outside in the dark, even though this was by far the last thing I wanted to do. Saw the Comcast truck so at least they’re on it.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.55 miles
  • -----

Couldn’t wait for this to be over so I could go to bed. One of those days. Silver lining was the cable and internet flipped back on. Horray.

Work busy-ness with a big event coming up next week and handling executives who are stuck in old ways of delivering presentations. Please let me never grow old and be this hard to work with! Another person on our larger team just resigned (MIND BLOWN... she's been here for less than a year), and Christina is interviewing at another company tomorrow . She should absolutely be considered for the role that abruptly opened up last week, but she's afraid that they're going to change the role to where she won't want to, or be qualified to, apply. Our leadership is not a huge fan of her career advancement, even though she's a hard worker and has done everything right. I don't blame her for looking around, but I would be crushed to lose my WorkBFF.

Changing my run to a spin tonight as I have a meeting scheduled for 5 p.m. (WHO DOES THAT) and just want to go home.

Run
  • 40m 04s
  • 3.54 miles
  • 11m 19s /Mi

Lunch treadmill. Felt good today.

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 15.62 miles
  • -----

Trainer

Sport
  • Walking
  • 07m

Short walk with the heat index at 104.

Run
  • 11m 12s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 11m 05s /Mi

Lunch treadmill for the run streak.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

Extra minutes walking at an incline + Ellie Mae walk

Saturday morning before the tri club ride and after the somber tribute, the coaches also acknowledged a team mate who was hitting Day 1,000 of her run streak! So awesome. It made me think that my little two hundred sixty something days is chump change, but then I reminded myself that comparison is the thief of joy. I can celebrate my team mate's 1,000 day streak and also be proud of myself 

Also, update on my at-home gel manicure experiment! Last week's fist manicure was a little messy, but it stayed on like a champ. I only re-did it last night because I was tired of looking at it (if you saw it from far away, it was fine, but up close not so much). But last night's manicure looks amazing! It took me about an hour to soak off the old gel and get the nails buffed, shaped, etc. and put the new color on, but I was also doing things around the kitchen at the same time. And watching Big Brother. So - a great use of that otherwise "on the couch" time. If anyone's interested, I'll link to what I bought on Amazon - all together everything was less than $60, which is the cost of two manicures before tipping. I feel so smart for doing this!

Soak-off clips/kit
Buffer blocks/nail files
Gel polish (6 colors + base and top coat)
Gel UV nail lamp

Run
  • 1h 42m 32s
  • 8.01 miles
  • 12m 48s /Mi

I got out at 10 am which is late for most runners, but felt early for me. Struggled a lot with the extreme humidity and heat index at 98 when I finished. Judging from my weight after, I estimate I lost 3-4 pounds in sweat. Had to stop multiple times to settle my heart rate and gasping breathing. Rough.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 11m

lisac957's Training Log

August 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time